Tusks

Tylo

Hey all,

Another question, since my craftiness has not been able to find an answer. For my high orc PC, I have purchased a set of Dr. Dent's Troll Tusks from Badger's Den (link: http://www.badgersden.com/Store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=243&products_id=1244) to wear. However, I'm not sure if the dental putty they provide will allow me to take them in and out during an event, so I'm looking for solutions that will allow me to wear them securely but removably.

My current idea is to procure a boil-and-bite mouthguard and somehow attach the tusks to that, creating a rig that both keeps the tusks in my head and helps mitigate risk of damage from them if I'm hit in the face, but I don't know if that's viable or how best to attach the tusks. I'd be curious to hear what others have done to make their orc/ogre tusks work comfortably for them; I really prefer the in-mouth fangs to the chin applications, but I can definitely see why the latter are seeing use.

Thanks!

If the dental putty doesn't allow in and out, go out and get one of the "refill" kits for the scarecrow brand fangs. It includes a thermoplastic that you put in the appliance and then mold to your teeth. Once that sets, you just use normal denture adhesive power to help it stay in (if you have a little bit of a loose fit... some people get it tight enough to snap on snap off.)

A boil and bite mouth guard might also work.

Back