[Twinspire] New Laws Enacted

Tylo

New Laws

By decree of the High Arbiter, in accordance with The Four Nations Accord, and endorsed by the Allied Travaelian Army, the Queen of Arbory, and the Duke of Omar Nadine, the following laws shall be enacted.

In light of the tactics employed in the first days of the Fathomfall Uprising, and in light of the dire need to conserve resources and to control the flow of people in and out of Battlegrounds, the High Arbiter hereby restricts all access to the Battlegrounds Mist Gate. Until further notice, the Mist Gate shall be available only to members of the military and the Pathfinder's Enclave. Others wishing to use the Mist Gate must inquire with the military for special written dispensation. This dispensation will be carefully considered and will only be given for those wishing to undertake the military missions posted on the Jobs Board in the Healer's Cup Tavern, or for other matters of life and death. Abuse of this generosity will be grounds for punishment by the military as they see fit. By agreement with the Queen of Arbory and the Duke of Omar Nadine, the Mist Gate in Omar Nadine and the Mist Gate in Greenport, at such time as it is once again functional, will be restricted in the same way.

The High Arbiter hereby officially expresses support of the Pathfinder's Enclave. The Enclave will be treated as a guild, beholden to the laws of the land and expected to be respectable citizens who abide by the Enclave's charter.

The High Arbiter recognizes that the Enclave is not like other guilds, for the exact traits held in common by its members are much harder to define than those of a merchant's guild or a baker's guild. The Enclave's membership are heroes and those who associate with heroes, people who perform unusual and dangerous deeds and who employ unusual and dangerous methods to perform them. Such individuals are as well-trained as a soldier, and often more individually dangerous. As such, the Enclave's membership shall be defined as follows: anyone who calls themselves "adventurer," anyone who performs such deeds and who wishes to perform more, shall be considered a member of the Pathfinder's Enclave, beholden to its charter and beholden to its leadership for justice. Members of the Pathfinder's Enclave will be allowed to carry arms within the borders of Accord cities, and will not be restricted from carrying the massive numbers of ritually created magics we are aware adventurers can bring to bear. The Enclave will be expected to maintain a list of its membership and to supply this list to the Allied Trevaelian Army, the Academy of Elemental Mastery, and the High Arbiter's Herald any time the membership or Enclave officers change. If a list is found to not be up to date, access to the Mist Gate will be completely cut off to all non-military personnel until an updated list is provided.

If such a time arises as a member of the Pathfinder's Enclave feels that the leaders of the Enclave cannot give them the justice they seek, that member may petition the High Arbiter for justice via duly appointed Four Nations Magistrates. The High Arbiter may see fit to mete out justice or permit a challenge under the oversight of external agents at that time. Let it be done this shall be the exception, not the rule, and that any effort to petition the High Arbiter for justice will be vetted with Enclave leadership. Abuse of the High Arbiter's generosity in an effort to circumvent Enclave leadership or cause mischief will be punished as the leaders of the Enclave see fit. In no other matter shall the High Arbiter or the High Arbiter's agents interfere with the Enclave's operations, unless the Enclave is found to be in violation of the laws of the land.

Pursuant to the ongoing efforts to adapt to war, the Pathfinder's Enclave will no longer have free access to the High Arbiter nor the Captains of the Allied Trevaelian Army. From now on, for all matters of a military nature, the Pathfinder's Enclave will report to Lieutenant Squire Teepo Stoutpaws, Sergeant Squire Blake Walker, Sergeant Leeko Dustcloak, or Lieutenant Falava Rakshar'anar. The Academy of Elemental Mastery has also offered up several members to assist the Enclave in identifying items and operating the Mist Gate. If a member of the Enclave needs these services performed, they are to ask for Apprentice Elcici Harlnsleet, Apprentice Jonn Cooper, or Apprentice Loiza Mircealla. Master Cynerus of the Academy will oversee the Apprentices and will be available if greater arcane knowledge is needed for the accomplishment of a mission.

It has already come to the High Arbiter's attention that some are seeking to reject membership in the Pathfinder's Enclave. The High Arbiter sees no reason to enact a law to stop those who would seek to leave a guild, even one in which membership is freely given. However, unless these individuals wish to join the military, their access to the Mist Gate will be restricted to the undertaking of missions posted on the Jobs Board, with the permission of an officer of the Allied Trevaelian Army, of no lesser rank than Lieutenant. Furthermore, for the reasons already outlined, independent adventurers will be treated as potential invaders or Fathomfall agents, as the Accord nations cannot afford any other assumption when dealing with individuals of such potency and drive. Such independents will not be allowed within city limits without dispensation from the military as a mercenary working for them directly, and will not be allowed to undertake missions without military supervision. The right to bear arms within the city limits will be restricted for such individuals, as well. Failure to furnish proof of such supervision or support when asked will be grounds for punishment as the overseeing Magistrate sees fit.

The High Arbiter wishes the Pathfinder's Enclave luck in its upcoming missions, and looks forward to a continued prosperous and profitable relationship between the Enclave and the Accord nations.

- Captain Sir Jierden Fenstermacher
Knight Bachelor of Omar Nadine
Captain of the Allied Trevaelian Army

I have heard rumblings of some among the outlanders being unhappy with the new laws. I have been given dispensation to speak with the High Arbiter's voice in this matter.

I will make myself available at the next gather, from ten bells to twelve bells, for discussion about the new laws governing armed outsiders entering the cities and towns of the Four Nations Accord. There are announcements the Herald must make anyway, which I can deliver to him. I will also meet with the new Enclave leadership before I leave.

Once twelve bells have rung, the discussion will be over, and I will depart to attend to my other business. I trust you will be forthcoming about the reasons for the unrest and that I will be able to resolve the situation. Such a conversation is unprecedented, but the High Arbiter is more than willing to break with precedent if it bears the greatest good for the people of this land.

Sir Jierden Fenstermacher
Knight Bachelor of Omar Nadine
Captain of the Allied Trevaelian Army

Back