[Twinspire] You Are Not Alone

Tylo

To the Outlanders,

I am sorry it has taken me so long to say this, but I had some "diplomatic issues" that needed tending before I was allowed to speak to you in the dreamscape.

I know you didn't do what they said you did.

One of these five mysterious figures did it, I'm sure - this many Visions are unlikely to lie. But not "the outlanders."

"The outlanders" banished the vampire Ruen Kraytor from this plane. "The outlanders" kept the Vor from ravaging our countryside. "The outlanders" gave our soldiers the protections they needed to resist the magics of the Vor, and hunted down the vampire called Garrote when no-one else could find her. If it were not for the outlanders, we would all be undead right now, or slaves to the thing that called itself Emperor Tzero. "The outlanders" include a man who stayed behind during the sacking of Grant's Crossing and worked overnight without sleeping to make sure food got to people who needed it, a sarr knight who sought a peaceful resolution with her enemy when others had dismissed him as a frothing madman, and a mystic wood elf scholar whose tireless research may have been the only thing that allowed us to stop any of the meteors in the first place. They include the latest champions of the Ashen Spire, who have battled on our behalf for little to no reward, and whose commander allowed himself to be vaporized by his foes rather than back down from battle.

Fathomfall has been wronged. Wronged beyond all belief and all reason, by an act of unspeakable evil, as bad as anything perpetrated by the Vor. But they have been wronged by a villain who called themselves a hero. For the outlanders are heroes, and I will hear nothing less said of them.

Outlanders: I, and many of the other people of these lands, stand with you. If I can do anything to help you in your quest for justice, you may contact me at the Healer's Cup, for I will see to it that I give that establishment my patronage.

~Lord Rollo Cloudbrass

I only became aware of this discussion in dreams last night. If I'd realized this was an issue, I'd have spoken up sooner. I can only apologize for my failure.

I agree with what Lord Cloudbrass already said so prettily: the Outlanders are not villains. If they have one among them it's because villains are often liars. But make no mistake: they are heroes. Heroes who have saved all our lands many times over. And even if a villain has slipped in among them, heroes always win in the end, even if they have to swim an ocean of their own blood to get there.

Altgraf Eisenhund: the heroes have agreed to police their own. If there is a perpetrator among them, they will be found and punished, and swiftly. I'll ensure that our land's punishments for mass murder are carried out, to the fullest extent the law allows. If you have other specific charges in mind, I am a knight in service to the Four Nations of the Accord, and I will gladly bring those charges to the outlanders to see to it that any guilty among them are punished appropriately. I would even welcome a knight of Fathomfall to receive reports alongside me on their efforts to find the culprit. Let that be the end of this. Our forces are marshaled, but first blood has not been shed yet. Do not make me wage war against my homeland. Do not throw away the Accord.

To the outlanders: We stand with you. We believe you.

~Sir Jierden Fenstermacher

We are honored and humbled by such support.

I remember growing up within the 4 Nations... where there was a time, that every citizen of each one was considered a brother and sister together.

When this catastrophe occured, it was not "5000 citizens of Fathomfall have perished."

It was, "5000 of my countrymen have died."

Please, let us not end centuries of togetherness, the strength that allowed us to defeat Kraytor, that fought off the Vor, and many other threats. Let us find the truth together.

Lord Lorotho Everbright

Back