Um, hey Kupspar, what's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morganne

Fighter
Not to be nosy or anything, but I couldn't help noticing a lot of you folks dreaming last night. Loudly. And not very nice dreams, either.

Everything okay? Or should I maybe stay away from town for a bit?

Sarah, just your friendly local farmer

Hello there Sarah. Name's Lenry. I noticed that bit of dreaming as well. Now, I'm sort of new around here and have absolutely no idea what's going on with them or what they mean but it seems to me there is definitely "something not so good" going on. It'd be nice to maybe hear from one of them who was doing the dreaming since they probably know best what's going on. I would recommend, if it's possible, that you keep away from the town for a bit. Better safe than sorry and all that.

Dark dreams with da memories of dark times. Sleep don't be easy tonight.
Only tru da dark...only tru da dark...

~Kilgore

It seems many of us had similar themes. Whatever or whomever triggered those dreams has my attention. Either they were being malicious or just making sure they absolutely had our attention. Did anyone recognize anything from the dreams? Let's compile all the things that were similar and work from there. I am going into solitude for a while to clear my head. Memories of my past, of my wife has stricken me with a deep sadness.
-Darius, wayfarer company district manager

Darius, Kilgore,

Are parts of your Dreams memories from your past?

I find the ending of the Dreams intresting, the Cage, lock and Bird of Prey transfroming into a Winged Lion.

Does anyone have a information on this Wizard who has taken the Scales or "the place lost to time"?

-=Ra'Sha al'Kazim

My dream didn't have any real "memories" of my past. I have a workshop, and I build things there, but I haven't gotten my hand stuck inside a combat trainer before. The assistant in my dream is my assistant in the waking world... but I didn't recognize the Romani woman she became towards the end of the dream.

~Harriet, Haberdash Ambassador

Crap in a hat... You all saw that? That.. I never had a dream broadcast like that.. hell a nightmare more then a dream. Its like something scraped the essence of what scares me and mixed it in their paint to make a horrible picture. For forve sakes thrres not even Trolls that ive seen in these lands. Lets a hope they never appear... i think theres forces poking us like trying to move peices on a game board... im tired of being poked. bout time ta poke back...

Grim

So.. I saw and hell even felt the other dreams.. theres some common images.. threads that run through them... the cage. the bird of prey . the chimera.. the lion.. are these symvols? The buest of light.. is this something imprisoned allow the shadows to grow? Balance was being restored. we saw that in the scale ritual that so many of us gave our lives to protect. we discovered hidden infesting curruption. hell in some cases with the best of intentions we made it worse. itd be nice to have some crap go our way.. the people and the land deserve it.

Grim

I am hoping that one of the Besh or someone from Bloodmoon will be able to shed some light on some of this. From what I think, there is much involving the Besh, Rom and the Wilds. I may be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

Grim, if you have anymore insights into what could be happening I would greatly like to hear about them.

May the Sun guide your Path,

Ra'Sha al'Kazim

What was that dream, Where was that place, Why was I carrying my sword and shield. Who's blood did cover the blade, those hands that reached for me or was it someone else. Perhaps the owner of that piece of cloth with the Barony Crest. So many questions plague my mind, Who were those people and what does my wife have to do with all this. One thing is for sure, I will not be caught off guard again. I am going to prepare, I will dust off my armor, check my shield and sharpen up my sword. I will be ready for what might comes.

--Callan Ryder

Callan,
I am... hesitant to say what I think.. but ive always been the type to tilt over withdrawing.. the dreams. They cast the besh and the gyspies as villians. they seem in most cases to tie them to the darkness. Is this because as most of us know a besh is believed to have betrayed us? Could a gypsy have as well? The winged lion.. or the bird of prey. Are tbey heraldry in your lands. it could be symbolic of constrained powers of the land breaking free and willing the lands chosen defenders to finally go on the offensive. These are all guesses. I know the blade I forged was in the dream but the artefact was not the source of things. The light within me in my dream errupted and wiped out the adversary. This land seems to have a theme.. as i travel the mists i see most worlds do. that theme here is choice. when we make tbe rigjt ones. The good choices...that can make all the difference. Callan come to my forge. Ill ready your weapons and armor for you. Guard your thouvhts and actions and be confidant that you fight for the right reasons. where i come from theres a code heroes follow one tennant goes somethin like this "thou shalt cobstitute thyself the defender of the weak and innocent". In other words get your crap in gear to defend those who cant protect themselves and help them get to the place they can.

My friend I kinda think this holds relevance. Its time to the forces that be that weak aint so weak..

Grim

Hey dreamin people.. I kinda freaked out a bit there sorry. Lemme clarify some crap... Im graslin at straws for explanations.. Just had ominous unseen force have its jollies with my fears and put them on display.. As for the single invidual whom it is believed worked with the dark man. The knight i believe is aware. The symbols... What do we know about em..

Bernard ..if you can hear this.. do those images correspond to any alchemical things to yer knowledge?

Here is what we know: The besche are a people of courage and honor, not prone to betrayal; Dissonance is a foul liar who benefits when we fight amongst ourselves.
Here is what we DO NOT know: a betrayal took place, a besche was involved.
And if someone, Besche or otherwise, was compelled to do The dark beast's bidding, where is the betrayal? Do the husks betray their former kin? Did I, when he broke my mind and inhabited my frame? Be not so quick to judge. Your scorn is his weapon.

All of you, collect your wits and stop dancing to Dissonance's piping long enough to think.
No trap you set that day, no preparation you laid, presented him the slightest threat. Making a point of avoiding them was just a dumbshow to be sure everyone thought they knew they'd been betrayed. Even if someone had revealed these traps, it changed nothing. They would've been toys to him, no more impediment than a carpet who's color he did not care for.

As for these dreams: dreams are messages, often from ourselves to ourselves, but at times, from other forces. Who has sent these? We each are bound to see them with our own minds and spirits; the Rom and Besche are villainous only if you see with the same eyes as those in the dreams who invade and plunder the Wyldes. In that, the dream shows little new: trespass in the Wyldes, and swift death is certain.
Often, the power of a dream lingers at its closing. What is the bird and its cage? This is the message's center: either we must free this power, or we must not allow it to be freed.

Teovel Armonia

oog: scott auden

Grim,

Thank you, I will take you up on that offer to ready my weapons and armor. I don't jump to conclusions before I have heard both sides of the story. I made a mistake not that long ago, so I now think about what actions I take. But I am no hero just an old fighter who is going to defend his town and the people who call it home, it is the least I can do.

--Callan Ryder

Teovel,

You speak truth, from what I have seen in these Dreams. I dont not take what was seen of the Besche or the Rom in the Dreams as them doing anything wrong. I was wondering what you and your family could gleam from the Dreams.

May the Sun guide your Path,

Ra'Sha al'Kazim

Teovel,

I am .. hell I'm ashamed of my statement. Just.. graspin at straws friend. Yer right in what you said. Ive broken my own tennants of the code I follow. I appreciate you speakin up. I've sent a missive out with all I know. This is nothin else can be a rallying point for information. Like the puzzle that was pieced together we all have bits of information Im sure we can share. Teo, I've sent what I know to your people in hopes it may shed some light in things. If I can do anything to help lemme know.

Grim

There is no call for shame, Grim, for you acted without malice, and now we shall stand together.

Ra'Sha , For myself I think the key is the bird, and what it is, and whether we are being told to free it, or warned not to. I have yet to speak at length with my family, though, and there are many among them wiser than I.

Grim,

Could send any information you my have, as well? I will then send you any information or ideas that I may have in return.

Many thanks and May the Sun guide you,

Ra'Sha al'Kazim

The Romani know much of visions and dreams, but I am far from the wisest among us. Still, though Melina Viatsa is passed from this world, I learned some at her knee.I think there are three riddles, or questions to be better understood.
Consider: There are many portions which in each dream shift in viewpoint: places and experiences which are familiar or unfamiliar in keeping with who is dreaming. Also,however, there are portions of the dreams that reveal an alien, unknown, common dreamer: A puzzle lock that seems almost like something from the dreamer's past; but who's past, then? Surely each of the dreamers does not recall the same game despite widely different pasts. The same puzzle is solved by what seems simple arithmetic. Simple for whom? It seems to me that the “natural”dreams (or nightmares) of the dreamers have been interrupted and pushed aside by an outside dream, dreamt by some other being. Bernard dreams of a cave-in, while Sara dreams of conflicts she cannot manage, and Harriet dreams of her creations run amok, and so on. But then, the outsider imposes his (its)? will: There are small variations, but it seems to involve finding yourself in the Wyldes, seeing a large iron cage holding a bird of prey, solving a flashing, colored numerical lock using simple arithmetic, opening the cage, and jumping back as the bird strikes outward, and then watching, astonished, as the bird, now armored, transforms into a flying lion, and flies upward until the light, perhaps the sun, blinds you.
So, the three puzzles I mentioned:
First, the “natural” dreams reveal much that is puzzling, as dreams often do. What do the “natural” dreams tell us, with their various commonalities and symbols, and which of them, if any, reveal what is to come?
Secondly, most obviously, what is the meaning of the “foreign” dream? Why the Wyldes? What is the fierce armored bird which transforms? What is the cage?
Finally, most crucially, what is the SOURCE of the “foreign” dream? Friend or foe? Does it send us warning, trap, or message? Given that the dream was not only placed within the dreams of many, but revealed (along with the “natural” dreams) to so many others, this is a force to be reckoned with, bent on placing its dream within the minds of many. I say this is most crucial, because only by answering it can we judge, for example, whether to use what we've seen to set the chimera free (actually or symbolically) or perhaps, instead, to refuse to be tempted, and avoid doing what the dreams seem constructed to suggest to us.

Dreams and visions are things of peril; They may hold many truths, and many more lies. We must not be misled, neither to somewhere we wish to go, nor to somewhere dreadful.

Teovel Armonia (de la Sanje Luna)

OOG: Scott Auden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back