(Un)offical Alliance Photo Gallery

Checking out the SF pics I see a Gypsy in a green vest and red sash who was at my first ever Alliance game (NERO at the time) in Ashbury back in May of '99. Ah, memories

And did I see a Bull scavvy or was that some funky NPC thing?

Telokh_Amdo said:
Checking out the SF pics I see a Gypsy in a green vest and red sash who was at my first ever Alliance game (NERO at the time) in Ashbury back in May of '99. Ah, memories

Ah, it is nice for Nigel (me) to be remembered :D

Now I have a face to put with the forum name! I knew your gypsy's name but I couldn't think of it when I was writing the post. The best pic I have from that first event of mine is Nigel reclining in a chair on the porch of the tavern, sunlight on one side, sort of shadowy on the other. The only pic I've ever that looks like a professional portrait. I wish I could figure out where I have it stashed!

Telokh_Amdo said:
Now I have a face to put with the forum name! I knew your gypsy's name but I couldn't think of it when I was writing the post. The best pic I have from that first event of mine is Nigel reclining in a chair on the porch of the tavern, sunlight on one side, sort of shadowy on the other. The only pic I've ever that looks like a professional portrait. I wish I could figure out where I have it stashed!

Huh, it used to be up on the Alliance HQ photo site. It is a great pic of me and part of me kept hoping that it would be used for the racial photo in the rulebook.

Here's what used to be up on the HQ site:
gypsyvb5.jpg

markusdark said:
Telokh_Amdo said:

Huh, it used to be up on the Alliance HQ photo site. It is a great pic of me and part of me kept hoping that it would be used for the racial photo in the rulebook.

Here's what used to be up on the HQ site:
gypsyvb5.jpg

That's the one. And it occurs to me now that it might have been taken by my girlfriend at the time (Wilde_Night here on the boards) who was playing her gypsy Kheritana at that event.

> Terrific RP too! He ate grass over the weekend! :D

Nah, that's just him. He likes eating grass. v;)

"Eats, shoots, and leaves."

ChrisO

chriso said:
> Terrific RP too! He ate grass over the weekend! :D

Nah, that's just him. He likes eating grass. v;)

"Eats, shoots, and leaves."

ChrisO

Just wanting to make sure you knew they were talking about the Bull Scavenger and not me, Chris. ;)

Telokh_Amdo said:
That's the one. And it occurs to me now that it might have been taken by my girlfriend at the time (Wilde_Night here on the boards) who was playing her gypsy Kheritana at that event.

I remember her!:

"There's a Gypsy Pantherghast outside the building and circle and only the three of us. Nigel, go run out the back door and have him chase you so we can kill it with spells."
"Er... What?"
"Do it."
"Okey"
*head out the back door, creep around the corner, see pantherghast*
"Hey there tall, dark and boney, come here often?"
*Pantherghast attacks, I run*
"Nigel! Come back here so we can kill it!"
"It's between you and me!"
"Well, run AROUND it!"
"Do I LOOK like a horse scavenger?"
"Don't worry, we can life you!"
"That assumes it doesn't eat you too!"

I have to admit, it was one of the most amusing times I had at a LARP.

chriso said:
Dang, didn't see that. Ah well, can't win 'em all. (Where would be the fun in that?).

In case y'all didn't know, Chris plays Kintar - Nigel's long time friend. I modified one of the photos of us to help better express our 'relationship':

kintarnigelir4.jpg

haha some of these are hillarions. I especially like "do I look like a horse scavenger?" ^_^

I hope the photo gallery catches on that would be cool!

Well, I got beat to making my announcement post.. Anyway, I hadn't found any other lace where people could post photos they have taken at various events so I put up the site http://www.alliancepics.com/ It would be great to see photos here from around the country! Please if anyone has photos from any event (weekend, day event, Fighter Practice, whatever) send me a PM or an e-mail (address is on the site) with a requested username and what chapter/s you have photos from. I will set you up an account.

If something like this already exists some ware I don't want to step on any toes (I don't think there are any other places for this though).. let me know and we can combine them or I will retire my site.

Nigel!!
Kheri still has the scarf you gave her on her scarf belt. It is dark blue silk. :) That event had the most gypsies ever I think. You, me, Tsarbane, Candalyse, Domanic, the red-haired guy with the thrown fruit-cake... I know there were more but I can't recall. :)

51931134.jpg

Wilde_Night said:
Nigel!!
Kheri still has the scarf you gave her on her scarf belt. It is dark blue silk. :) That event had the most gypsies ever I think. You, me, Tsarbane, Candalyse, Domanic, the red-haired guy with the thrown fruit-cake... I know there were more but I can't recall. :)

51931134.jpg

Ah, that's you. Didn't recognize you with da horns. I am glad that I have given Gypsies a good name... or at least good memories! :D

Back