(Un)offical Alliance Photo Gallery

I went to the page and clicked on the link to get a password so I could add some pictures, but the email bounced.

Probably because you spelled "alliance" wrong. :D

Is there a quick and easy way to move some of the pictures from the Yahoo club there?

Fearless Leader said:
I went to the page and clicked on the link to get a password so I could add some pictures, but the email bounced.

Is there a quick and easy way to move some of the pictures from the Yahoo club there?

Your right, I typed the e-mail address wrong. It is fixed now. and I tested it to make sure I would receive the e-mail requests. Go ahead and use that e-mail address to request an account and I will create one for you. There are several ways to upload photos to the site bub none of them will pull the photos straight from a yahoo group. I would be happy to do the work to download the photos from the group and manually add them to the correct chapters except I am not aware of the yahoo group. (Is it published on the main site someplace and I'm just not seeing it?)

almus said:
Fearless Leader said:

Your right, I typed the e-mail address wrong. It is fixed now. and I tested it to make sure I would receive the e-mail requests. Go ahead and use that e-mail address to request an account and I will create one for you. There are several ways to upload photos to the site bub none of them will pull the photos straight from a yahoo group. I would be happy to do the work to download the photos from the group and manually add them to the correct chapters except I am not aware of the yahoo group. (Is it published on the main site someplace and I'm just not seeing it?)

Nah, it's just something we post when we upload pictures, mostly because it's still called "neroictures"

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/neropictures/

Fearless Leader said:
Nah, it's just something we post when we upload pictures, mostly because it's still called "neroictures"

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/neropictures/

I'll work on pulling them down and posting them on th gallery in the format they are in (separated by event date) If you would like an account in order to post photos from future events or any events that aren't posted on the yahoo group e-mail me and request a username (the way the system is setup all accounts must have an e-mail address associated with them and I don't know what to use for you.)

I would be excited to see this gallery fill up because it looks pretty nice, feels like it might draw the whole Alliance closer together as we share pictures of our beloved game and personally because I can't seem to access the Yahoo pictures since I don't have a yahoo account. Now perhaps this is just my ineptitude but it is the case for me at the moment. =\

Dreamingfurther said:
I would be excited to see this gallery fill up because it looks pretty nice, feels like it might draw the whole Alliance closer together as we share pictures of our beloved game and personally because I can't seem to access the Yahoo pictures since I don't have a yahoo account. Now perhaps this is just my ineptitude but it is the case for me at the moment. =\

I hope it does, Helping us to feel like a larger community than just our separate chapters is one of the things I was intending when I built the gallery to support all of the chapters. I just finished uploading all of the photos from the Ashbury yahoo group (I ended up paying someone to write a small script for me to download all of the photos while keeping them in folders named as they are on the yahoo group)

I hope everyone enjoys the photos that are online now. I also hope that if anyone has photos that are not on the site yet they will contact me for an account so that they can add them to the site (Its easy to upload and add photos to the site, and I'm happy to help people) (I've spent enough hours on this site/setup now that I hope people use it)

markusdark said:
It is a great pic of me and part of me kept hoping that it would be used for the racial photo in the rulebook.

Unfortunately, it's (a) too dark and (b) not enough of a close up.

If anyone wants to submit pictures of themselves for the racial pictures in the book, please do so! But make them look similar to the ones in the current book -- close ups, good lighting, no anachronisms in the background, great makeup, good costume, etc.

Well I always felt the costume made the gypsy... :) But yeah, I figured it was too dark.

I do have a question though - if they're pictures of me but from another LARP (but not "The Other LARP), is there an issue submitting them?

markusdark said:
Well I always felt the costume made the gypsy... :) But yeah, I figured it was too dark.

I do have a question though - if they're pictures of me but from another LARP (but not "The Other LARP), is there an issue submitting them?

Well.... it would have to be very very good.

If we have pictures we'd like to submit where should we send them?

Ah yes, I will do that when I have some event photos to put up, however I was asking where do we send pictures if we want to submit them for the racial photos in the rulebook?

Dreamingfurther said:
Ah yes, I will do that when I have some event photos to put up, however I was asking where do we send pictures if we want to submit them for the racial photos in the rulebook?

Put them on a disc or jump drive and mail them to Alliance LARP, PO Box 377, Tannersville, PA 18372 or if you only have a few, email them to michael.ventrella@gmail.com

They need to be at least 300 dpi

Does this still get updated? I haven't seen any pictures on here in quite awhile. I was hoping that there would be more of the National Event...or maybe some from other more recent events.

Thanks!

jnelson said:
Does this still get updated? I haven't seen any pictures on here in quite awhile. I was hoping that there would be more of the National Event...or maybe some from other more recent events.

Thanks!

some new photos from one of our San Francisco events were posted a few weeks ago at http://www.alliancepics.com/. I have not seen any photos from the national event yet, and I can still create an account for anyone who wants to post photos on the site.

If nothing else SF has another weekend event Nov 14th, I should be able to take some photos of that event and post them.

-Almus

I was looking to get some pictures posted up from our recent Oregon event but seem to be unable to get access to alliancepics.com, and the 'almus' email listed to contact bounces. Does anyone know how to contact the admin to that site to get access to upload new pictures?

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead!

Thanks,
Bryan Gregory

Back