Untapped Lands

So very interesting that you have necromantic potions available for sale at retail mark up...

~Viv

Do you normally sell yours for cheaper?

I neutralize the magic and re-use the water for healing potions... because I'm not a necromancer.

I neutralize the magic and re-use the water for healing potions... because I'm not a necromancer.

Your skills at manipulating necromancy are far beyond mine then. I only know how to "return to sender".

I have to leave them up here due to a poorly worded contract, but I assure you no sales have taken place.

Your skills at manipulating necromancy are far beyond mine then. I only know how to "return to sender".

Any merchant worth their salt knows how to at least get an earth guild to pay them material costs as a bounty for turning them in...

Any merchant worth their salt knows how to at least get an earth guild to pay them material costs as a bounty for turning them in...
Which is... 4 copper for a disease potion?

Just curious how you do things here. I've been through a lot of lands with different rules, and there is an unfortunate lack of legal documentation around these parts.

I'm not sure what you mean by an unfortunate lack of legal documentation around these parts, since Tharros has plenty of such...

I'll give you 55 coppers for the necromantic potions.

I'm not sure what you mean by an unfortunate lack of legal documentation around these parts, since Tharros has plenty of such...
As far as I can tell, there isn't even a proper procedure for determining culpability, let alone a general code of laws outside of "whatever the nearest person of legal standing decides the law is that day". But that's a great discussion for another time.

I'll give you 55 coppers for the necromantic potions.

There are several things wrong with what you just said.

First, I'd need to see documentation showing your local legal authority to purchase said object (which I would then need a few days to validate).

Second, I am not bartering. These wares were shipped to me under contract. I will follow said contract to the letter.

Third, I will not be bringing necromantic wares into Tharros without my own documented approval (which I have no intention of obtaining). As I mentioned only a few minutes ago, I have no plan to sell contraband.

First, you changed your previous commentary post script.

Second, you said no sales have taken place, not that they were not for sale.

Third, there's nothing at all wrong with what I just said. I am an established and well-known merchant and master potion brewer. The fact that you have failed to recognize either of those important pieces of information only serves to further exemplify your naivete.

Good day.

My reporting of the theft of my battle rod had very little to do with 'donations' as you put it and more about showing the folly of such a theft. Granted, it will take time and a small amount of coin to replace it (Unless I want to use a larger amount of coin and purchase another's), but I would not have left that in a place where I informed many people it could be found and used at their discretion if I had expected to turn a profit on those items. Those, and quite a few other things I make, I call alms. In many businesses they are also called 'breakage' or even 'thefts' - the part of your inventory of what you make that you expect zero return on investment (or ROI). I personally lost nothing as I expected nothing in return from them. The community may have lost out some on what aid those items could have given though and that's why I pointed it out and hopefully the thief will realize the folly of his ways.

You see, in tumultuous areas, I offer such items for free to help with the healing and guarding of those that fight for my protection. I would never think of charging them for it as I would hate it if they began charging me for defending me against every kobold to creature from the abyss that came near me.

So let me pass on three words of advice that I have gleaned from another - feel free to heed or ignore them as you see fit:
1) Never charge for healing unless you plan on being charged for people to come to your aid
2) Never announce that you deal in necromantic items - even potions. You will find yourself awakening in an earth circle (if there is any semblance of law in the area as necromancy is illegal in all of Fortannis)
3) A merchant who doesn't haggle isn't a merchant, they're a parrot piping prices

Kon
Proprietor of the Crooked Cup Tavern

A merchant who doesn't haggle isn't a merchant, they're a parrot piping prices
I'm not profiting off of these exchanges. As you say, I am simply a pipeline through which goods may flow.

As people buy what they wish for prices that allow their transit, I can advertise the needs more specifically and to wider ranges of producers.

If people choose not to buy out of spite it does not affect my retirement fund. It just means less potions to go around.

Last edited:
*sigh* necro potions.... In my lands I do take necromantic potions and compensate adventures for the cost amount it would take to make them for turning them in. But I never would consider it as purchasing them. I then turn it over to the Magistrate who has them properly destroyed so there is no risk of tainting the land. The current group I am with is part of the Earth guild in our region and we took this action to prevent adventures from just dumping the contents onto the ground and then tainting the land. Yes this causes us to lose coin in return but it prevents the land from being corrupted further. I seen this happen a good bit back in Andar and no one would listen until we were over run by undead.

In truth I am a quite skilled potion crafter myself, but I would never use anything that was once a component of necromancy for the possible risk of it tainting the new product.

Xavic
Merchant

2) Never announce that you deal in necromantic items - even potions. You will find yourself awakening in an earth circle (if there is any semblance of law in the area as necromancy is illegal in all of Fortannis)

Now, necromancy is in fact legal in the nation of Tian here in Enerret.

Before you try to claim it's evil, it's not. We even have bomb dumpling houses.

Chuck Cookieson of Xiaohai, Proprietor of the Broken Tome

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Even in Tharros, based on what laws are written down:
Necromancy – As defined by the casting of any chaos magics, necromantic rituals, or raising, aiding, or abetting of the undead.
Necromantic potions (provided they're imbibed by the living) are just as legal as euphoria. Which is to say unfortunately so.

But the people I've talked to consider that to be bit of an oversight (which I'm hoping will be solved shortly).

Now, necromancy is in fact legal in the nation of Tian here in Enerret.

Before you try to claim it's evil, it's not. We even have bomb dumpling house.

I'm sure the person who bashes in a person's brains to take their two copper also doesn't see their actions as evil. Every civilized area in Fortannis agrees that necromancy is evil and causes great harm to the world no matter how it's practiced. No good can come from it. I will no longer communicate with those lands and I will will not travel to them unless it is with a vanguard to wipe the blight therein from the face of Fortannis.

Kon

I'm sure the person who bashes in a person's brains to take their two copper also doesn't see their actions as evil. Every civilized area in Fortannis agrees that necromancy is evil and causes great harm to the world no matter how it's practiced. No good can come from it. I will no longer communicate with those lands and I will will not travel to them unless it is with a vanguard to wipe the blight therein from the face of Fortannis.

Kon

Now, from what I understand about your maelstrom is that there is an alliance with the undead. Are you not gloating about supplying aid to them?

Chuck Cookieson of Xiaohai, Proprietor of the Broken Tome Inn

You'd need to talk to someone else about the alliances held in the Malestrom as I am not a diplomat. All I know is that I've not seen any living inhabitants using Chaos magic. I have also not seen anyone supply aid to undead, let alone gloat over such things. All aid given has been to the living inhabitants.

Last edited:

Every civilized area in Fortannis agrees that necromancy is evil and causes great harm to the world no matter how it's practiced. No good can come from it. I will no longer communicate with those lands and I will will not travel to them unless it is with a vanguard to wipe the blight therein from the face of Fortannis.

Kon

Thank you as always, White Tenebrous Walkers, for sharing your moral superiority and self importance with us poor savages.

Not going to let you backtrack there. So, have you provided aid to the agents of chaos? You still insist that's a bad thing?

Chuck Cookieson of Xiaohai, Proprietor of the Broken Tome Inn

Back