Update on new rule book?

Hail Fearless

Any news on progress of new rule book and when it might be for sale?

thanks
FW

Do not expect it any time soon. We have a lot of rules that need to get passed by the Owners. That can take a while. Once that's finished, we have to finish laying out the book and sending it off to people to be proofread.

I want to do this right. We are in no great rush. I'd rather have a book that doesn't need corrections.

If we're lucky, it will be available by the fall. So I wouldn't wait for it if you plan on playing this season!

Fall sounds perfect

give us somthing to work on durring the winter season :)
thanks

FW

yep, time to re-memorize over the winter would be nice. =)

I would like to make a suggestion on the binding of the new rule book. Instead of binding it with glue, spiral bind it. I just had my rule book spiral bound, because the pages were falling out. I found that my rule book now lays flat. I don't have to worry about having any more pages falling out and it was reasonable inexpensive. Just a suggestion. :)

Glue versus Spiral... ahhh... the print shop memories. :p

Glue ends up being cheaper for a publisher in the long run when they are making many books. If we were printing say, 50 books, then yes I would recommend spiral binding as well. But when you are mass producing an item (that may need reordered and reproduced swiftly) it is cheaper in the long run to use the glue binding method.

Personally I'd pay a few bucks more for a spiral bound book that lasts. My book of 2 years has been used with so much love its in 3 pieces where the binding wore out.

However, its not all about Lurin and his fancy spirals so I'll live with whichever.

Speaking of which, can I take my current book somewhere to have them spiral it for me? would be nice not to have to worry about multiple pieces anymore.

Yeah id like to do that as well. After bringing it to the last event my book of only a few months is nearly in two pieces already.

Any local print shop should be able to do the spiral or cheaper plastic punch version.

Hrm, I'll have to do that with my current book, and my new one once they come out :lol:

I tore mine apart and punched it with a three-hole punch and stuck it in a binder then
added a few plastic sleeves so I can keep my old character cards and other notes in there easily too. Also lets me take small sections out when necessary (like the build charts or spell charts at logistics)

Yeah thats a good idea, I could also laminate the production sheets, and spell lists and such, so that they can be left out without fear of spilled energy drinks. I have a laminator if you want me to do yours to quinn.

Fearless Leader said:
The new Rule Book will also be available as a PDF download from my publisher (it will probably cost about $5 - $6) so you can print it out yourself!

THAT is awesome. though i will buy a hard copy too so i have all of the editions :)

jnelson said:
Fearless Leader said:
The new Rule Book will also be available as a PDF download from my publisher (it will probably cost about $5 - $6) so you can print it out yourself!

That will be most excellently convienant. Good thinking, Mike!

It also is a way to make the book available at all ibook retailers, which doesn't hurt either! ;)

Fearless Leader said:
jnelson said:
Fearless Leader said:

That will be most excellently convienant. Good thinking, Mike!

It also is a way to make the book available at all ibook retailers, which doesn't hurt either! ;)

Mike, while good hearted people will buy one for them slef, any thing made on the internet can be reproduced. While there are laws I can pay once and then email or even print more for my team.....While I like the idea of going PDF, I think it would hurt you.

Perhaps, but as a community we can self police, I know I won't be accepting a pdf rule book for anyone without paying for it.

Back