Update on new rule book?

Gilwing said:
Mike, while good hearted people will buy one for them slef, any thing made on the internet can be reproduced. While there are laws I can pay once and then email or even print more for my team.....While I like the idea of going PDF, I think it would hurt you.

That is why I never did that in the past. People will download the book and then share them, and we will lose income.

Then someone said "Well, are you in the business of selling books or events?"

So I spoke to my publisher (Double Dragon, who printed my well-reviewed novel "Arch Enemies", now available) and he agreed to sell the Rule Book online through his publishing house, which means that it will also be seen by many many more people who may never have even thought about a fantasy LARP before.

Now, I certainly will not encourage anyone to share the downloaded books -- and in fact, that is illegal -- I was eventually convinced that the benefits of making the book available online outweighed the negatives.

Even bad publicity is good publicity huh hehehe I understand Mike.

I think that making it availible online is a great idea, but I can definately see the drawbacks with 'pirating made easy' by torrenting and such. (not implying that I am a saint...though I am getting better)

None the less i think it will be highly beneficial for all of the honest Alliance LARP'ers out there.

I like to haev the book in hand kinda a tactile thing but being able to download it early??
I would download it for $6 in a quick min then order it so I can eat my cake and have it too! :D

Being able to print a page or two is great and take the rule book wiht me to events

I also like to print the spells put on stickers, put them in my spell book so I have all the rules handy :D

Grand Idea and it will get my buying it twice!

FW

OOO PS

Since the new rule book will be out in a few short months would you please put out the CURRENT rulebook in PDF download?
there are four of us that just joined Nero and the other 3 keep borrowing my rulebook
they would buy there own but the new one will be out soon
Im sure they would pay the $6 and I know I would just to make it easer for me to make them spell stickers!

FW

Frank Wiccan said:
OOO PS

Since the new rule book will be out in a few short months would you please put out the CURRENT rulebook in PDF download?
there are four of us that just joined Nero and the other 3 keep borrowing my rulebook
they would buy there own but the new one will be out soon
Im sure they would pay the $6 and I know I would just to make it easer for me to make them spell stickers!

FW

First: No guarantee the new book will be out "in a few months". Some of the Owners are even asking me to postpone the book until next winter so we can discuss the new rules in person at our Symposium in September.

Second: No, I don't want to make the current book -- which still says NERO in big letters and all over it -- available online. Why give NERO more publicity?

The rulebook being in pdf will also allow for rules to be looked up quicker. Wont have to go dig it out of the closet before answering a question, or joining a discussion on the boards.

I have to say I think its a great idea to make the book downloadable. I know for myself I'll probably buy both a soft cover copy and an on-line version. =) pdf will be fantastic.

Back