v0.10 Races

And you could also roleplay the same sarr traits while playing a human, but that doesn't help with immersion at all.

Sarr feel like a race, they have social trends and habits. Kyn seem like a stat block with prosthetics.

Just because Sarr have expectations and Kyn are a sandbox doesn't mean you can't make something with that sandbox.

If you don't want to create your own racial culture, please don't dump on the rest of us who enjoy the practice.

Edit: Put a different way, every kyn I know has their own incredibly diverse culture and traditions, often written by the player who made the character. It's easy to see a Sarr and have expectations, but the options available to a kyn means you actually have to get to know them in order to find out what makes them tick, y'know?

Look, space elf....

>:|

To bring this slightly more on-topic: Man, I get so sad about stone elf culture sometimes... There aren't enough of us in Alliance to have a culture and a language, at least not on the west coast, like in some games. Dropping some of our requirements (or adding another bonus? Maybe scrollmaking will tip the scaled) might make us more readily playable, but we'd lose something of what little commonality we have in the process and that would also make me sad...

So I think wylderkyn culture is different depending on chapter. ASF doesn't have a lot of kyn, but you go to Denver, where they have a huge kyn population, they have different clear cultural markers even between foxes, coyotes, deer... And they band together and do parties and talk about kyn stuff and have their own cultural reactions to prejudice and common beliefs and practices.

And Seattle used to (sorry @Draven) have a big raccoonkyn population, who I assume did raccoony things and came off like one big disparate raccoony family that came together to support each others' trashiness (<3) when it really mattered.

It's been my experience that the base races all come with more significant challenges roleplay wise than kyn do.

MWE, stone elf and biata for instance all have strong, clear guidelines in place that lend themselves to interesting roleplay experiences out of the box.

Kyn are (rules wise) humans with masks on. v0.10 removes even more role play/ rule limitations and increases their mechanical bonuses.

New kyn have all the signs of being a power gamer race.

This concerns me.

PC race culture, like stat balance, is largely governed by local plot teams (and, to an extent, local player base), and not by national rules.

It's been my experience that the base races all come with more significant challenges roleplay wise than kyn do.

MWE, stone elf and biata for instance all have strong, clear guidelines in place that lend themselves to interesting roleplay experiences out of the box.

Kyn are (rules wise) humans with masks on. v0.10 removes even more role play/ rule limitations and increases their mechanical bonuses.

This concerns me.

Please make up your mind. Are you arguing about Sarr being rolled into Kyn and thus losing identity, or about the strength of Kyn versus their perceived roleplay challenges? Because those are two completely different conversations and aren't at all related.

If this comes off as a little annoyed, maybe it's because the race I poured a pretty good chunk of storytelling into just got called a human with a mask on and it peeves me a bit.

This concerns me.

Humans with masks? Your kin must be far different then ours, cause they have alot more then maskes generally.

Also hobling is far less effort in make up and such and still get dodge and resist poison. From a min effort for max return they are far better.

And who cares, powergamers are people too. Why should they not be allowed to have a place in our game?

I intend to take resist poison and resist command. If kyn went only one choice, I'd race change to sylvan.

With how long it takes to do my make up for my cat, I wouldn't do it for only one racial. It takes, on average, an hour to do, and I can't wear masks for long stints since I overheat easily.

Humans with masks on, indeed. :|

I intend to take resit poison and resist command. If kyn went only one choice, I'd race change to sylvan.

With how long it takes to do my make up for my cat, I wouldn't do it for only one racial. It takes, on average, an hour to do, and I can't wear masks for long stints since I overheat easily.

I can confirm that I would play considerably more Sunday mornings if I wasn't a kyn, that's for sure.

I can confirm that I would play considerably more Sunday mornings if I wasn't a kyn, that's for sure.

Yup. Sunday as my Sarr or Kyn was 'get up early, get first access to the shower so I can scrub down, and throw on a white headband to start site cleanup' time. It was actually pretty nice as a way to ease back out of a fairly intense persona.

With no intentions of using claws as a Gorilla-kin, I would also have to race change. The new rules already nerf his concept with racial prof going away, with only one racial he would be all but a lost concept.

Yeah, right now my birb has racial prof and claws. Under .10, he's probably going to pick up Racial Dodge and a Resist of some flavor.

Yeah, right now my birb has racial prof and claws. Under .10, he's probably going to pick up Racial Dodge and a Resist of some flavor.
Fellow birb here. Probably will do the same. I have a prof and racial Dodge on my Hawk-kin. Gonna stick with the Dodge and gonna resist magic or poison. May pick up claws if .10 is going to be as disarm heavy as it looks

Oh, sweet, another hawk-kin! Rodaidh's meant to be a red-tailed hawk kin, but the costuming is a huge pain to get to look right. I've been tempted to roll him into a different flavor of kyn for 2.0 to get away from the mask/prosthetic beak, because it's holy hell to play in during the midwest summer heat and humidity.

He's currently set up as a florentine-claws Earth Templar rocking enough wear extra armor for his 30 AA and swinging 4's. Only uses claws because he considers needing a tool to fight to be a weakness. :)

Oh, sweet, another hawk-kin! Rodaidh's meant to be a red-tailed hawk kin, but the costuming is a huge pain to get to look right. I've been tempted to roll him into a different flavor of kyn for 2.0 to get away from the mask/prosthetic beak, because it's holy hell to play in during the midwest summer heat and humidity.

He's currently set up as a florentine-claws Earth Templar rocking enough wear extra armor for his 30 AA and swinging 4's. Only uses claws because he considers needing a tool to fight to be a weakness. :)
Dude nice, hawk-kin unite! Stevaan's based on the common black hawk, cause I found a bunch of black feathers and bird masks out there and am essentially making him into a bird ninja visually.

He's a pure fighter because I'm relatively new to larping and like the stick jock aspect of it. Swinging for 5s with two weapons and ended up picking up Archery and rock a crossbow because we have a strong frontline in the SF chapters and 1.5 prof dmg is sweet. I've gotten pretty good at packet throwing.

Plot helped me come up with a really cool backstory for his bird peoples. They believe they're descended from a giant metal bird that gave them his iron feathers as the first swords in order to hunt and defend themselves.

Plot helped me come up with a really cool backstory for his bird peoples. They believe they're descended from a giant metal bird that gave them his iron feathers as the first swords in order to hunt and defend themselves.

Cool background for kyn you say...

Back