Vader vs Yoda

Vader vs Yoda

• Vader

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Yoda

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters
D00d, don't bring Windu into this. We've been through this. Just imagine the conversation with those 3 other Jedi before that mod.

"I dunno Mace, I am a little understatted for this."
"Don't worry guys, I have enough parries for all of us...."

Episodes 5 & 6 Yoda was also sooo not quick like a cat. If he had any dexterity left he certainly wouldn't have fallen flat on his face while trying to balance on Luke's leg. He was ancient and about to die. And die like a chump, in a hole, in a swamp he did.

As far as Luke actually beating Vader, seriously? People are going to discuss how emotions come into play and power and all yet think that the King Player, Sidious himself, didn't offer Luke an assist in that one? Let me guess, next you'll tell me that Anakin actually beat Sauromon without the assist as well. Thats just plain old hoobly boobly.

Again I'd like to reiterate, if this were a discussion about each in their prime then Yoda has got it hands down. But it isn't and never was. Yoda was ancient and Anakin was a better swordsman and more powerful to boot. And that was before he got the Vader status. I predict a choke slam so hard it would have broken every bone in the hand shoved up that muppets backside.

--Chazz

LOL...yeah, muppet Yoda was not like a cat. Well, wait, yeah he was. Only it was a sickly bloated dying cat who lived in a swamp and hung out with young space pilots mewing and clamoring for biscuits whilst tangling with a beeping midget filled trash can. Run on sentences shall win this fight. If only Yoda had the power of poor composition like me.

I just want to know how come Obi Wan aged 40-50 years from Episode III to Episode IV when Luke and Leia went from newborns to late teens? Darth should only have been in his late 30s or early 40s at worst, yet his spirit form was some old geezer in his late 50s or early 60s.

This lack of continuity is enough alone to make any discussions about Yoda vs. Vader sadly moot. This is why we should all pretend the last three movies were never made.

Or we could just compare the metachlorian counts of Vader and Yoda.

So sad. Lucas created some of my fondest childhood memories and then waited 20 years and destroyed them.

I now pin all my childhood nostalgia on Adam West. He has only gotten better with age.

Scott

Yoda. At the point Anakin's become Vader and ends up encased in the armor, he's no longer the "natural" he was originally. Most of him is cybernetic, the ghost in the machine keeping him artificially functional. Yoda would rip him to shreds, assuming it was a straight fight.

Duke Frost said:
I just want to know how come Obi Wan aged 40-50 years from Episode III to Episode IV when Luke and Leia went from newborns to late teens? Darth should only have been in his late 30s or early 40s at worst, yet his spirit form was some old geezer in his late 50s or early 60s.

This lack of continuity is enough alone to make any discussions about Yoda vs. Vader sadly moot. This is why we should all pretend the last three movies were never made.

So sad. Lucas created some of my fondest childhood memories and then waited 20 years and destroyed them.

I now pin all my childhood nostalgia on Adam West. He has only gotten better with age.

Scott

I forgot where I read it but a magazine article recently said George Lucas should leave Star Wars in the hands of videogame companies since they've done a better job at handling Star Wars than he has...of course in my opinion it went downhill with the whole Ewok thing...if he had only stuck to the original notion of wookies then the movie would have been FAR better. Nothing says Star Wars like wookies ripping the arms off of Stormtroopers.

TheSaint said:
Duke Frost said:

Scott

I forgot where I read it but a magazine article recently said George Lucas should leave Star Wars in the hands of videogame companies since they've done a better job at handling Star Wars than he has...of course in my opinion it went downhill with the whole Ewok thing...if he had only stuck to the original notion of wookies then the movie would have been FAR better. Nothing says Star Wars like wookies ripping the arms off of Stormtroopers.

While I can get behind wookies on Endor, I HATE that they killed Dash Rendar for no reason... he was way cooler than Han. And did you play Tie Fighter? I was psyched for this game! I'm flying a TIE advanced under the command of Grand Admiral effing THRAWN! This was a dude the mother----ing CHISS with their military society exiled to a mother----ing asteroid because he was more concerned with winning than with honor and became inconvenient because he never ----ing lost despite his obvious flaws in not being a Paladin and only caring about achieving his mission objectives. This was the only nonhuman Palpatine ever made an officer, never mind a peer of Tarkin and, yes, Vader. This was gonna be awesome! Then I played it... we were pushed to the rim by the rebels. WTF?!?!?! Ok, Palpatine had a veto, and clearly he had not learned that when people can blow up your ultimate weapon via a tiny hole it MIGHT not be a good idea to leave a channel a ----ing FREIGHTER could ride to your power core, but the video game people hadn't let Thrawn lead the defense of the second death star and thus proved themselves just as inept as Lucas. And let's not discuss Jedi Power Battles and the X-wing games... there are wounds there that will never heal.
-toddo

Edited because the swear filter apparently took a nap.

ps- I have to go with Yoda, Vader can't really bend much at the waist and Yoda could just cut him off at the ankles. Forget jumping around like cousin Kermit, Vader can't look straight down.

Hmm, odd choice as to when to apply and censor and when not to. I sent a copy of this for study to see if they could decipher the pattern.

And who's Dash Rendar? Must be a not- Jedi and therefore smoked by either Vader or Yoda.

I think I am gonna make a new Facebook quiz based on this one called "Are you an realist or an idealist?"

--Chazz

Early Vader...and not 'oh my son has saved me and i turn good and kill the emperor pansy-that-i-am' vader...

first of all...even yoda couldn't see what the dark side was going to do, as strong as he was with the force...so there's always the element of surprise...

secondly...although yoda was fast and had awesome tricky spinny jumping through the air mega-neo type moves...he was still small..so he has to get in close where vader can just swishyswoop

third...vader is better looking...and frankly in american cinema the better looking people always win...but if we're looking at it in a totally realistic type way...i still have to side with the hotty mchothot in the black leather and mask....

just my personal opinion...

Tempest said:

Ah, the "expanded universe."

I kind of equate the "expanded universe" with every Metallica album after and including "Load." Its not bad if you imagine its from some other band named Meta-Llica.

And to all the reamining idealists, Yoda would get smoked like someone packed a hookah with foam rubber.

--Chazz

Ah, the "expanded universe."

I kind of equate the "expanded universe" with every Metallica album after and including "Load." Its not bad if you imagine its from some other band named Meta-Llica.

he is not expanded universe, he had lines in Empire... The background other than that is expanded...

And I stopped at Load as well, but the 'garage days' tour was kind of funny to sit thru...

Back