Vexo's Chess Tournament

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
(You see this posted around Deepjug's Tavern in New Acarthia)

Welcome one and all for an exciting Chess Tournament during the month of July!

The gamesmaster Vexo has challenged us to a game of Battle Chess later this year. In order to decide who our gamesmaster should be on our side, we have decided to hold a chess tourney in the month of July.

It will be a single elimination tourney. If you wish to sign up, please contact Sir Kendrick Eisenhal of Rivervale or leave your mark on this note. Once we have who is interested, we will setup brackets. Contestants will have until a certain time in the weekend to complete their match before moving onto the next bracket. The winner will be given the choice to either be our king, or to be our chessmaster. In addition, if we get at least 8 participants, Vexo will donate a magic item to the winner.

Sir Kendrick Eisenhal

Knox's signature is made below the note.

Sir Wolsey's mark is made as well, but clearly in the same handwriting as the initial note.

In blocky letters, Parzivel Eisenhal marks the paper.

OOG - I'm sorry we weren't able to run this tourney at the July event. I personally just got too busy putting out fires to accomplish it. 100% on me. I'd let to finish this over the next few weeks over the dreamrealm. If you are interested, please let me know by Monday afternoon and I'll setup the brackets. We will be using https://lichess.org/ to play matches online up until the event. Each tier of the bracket will have one week to play their game online, and we will play the final match on Friday night of the September gather.

IG - Greetings citizens of Acarthia and friends. I'm sorry we weren't able to have this tournament in July. Instead I've arranged a number of places around the kingdoms where we can play the preliminary matches before the September Gather. The final match will be played Friday Night of the September gather. If you are still interested, please sign up here. I'll post the brackets to the dreamrealm starting on Monday.

Sir Kendrick

Here are our brackets. The first round, I'm asking all participants to finish their game by September 15th. Starting on Sept 16th, the winners of that bracket will play their second game. They need to have it done by the 19th at the latest. The evening of the 20th we will hold the final match in New Acarthia starting around 9 pm on Friday night. I randomly drew brackets for these matches.

1st Round
Ninga Valdoria vs Squire Aurora Summers - Winner - Ninga Valdori
Sir Klonoah vs Dame Katherine - Winner, Sir Klonoah
Baron Wolsey vs Squire Connor - Winner, Baron Wolsey
Archibald Stillfinger vs Belswin Torrid - Winner, Belswin Torrid

2nd Round
Ninga Valdori vs Sir Klonoah
Baron Wolsey vs Belswin Torrid - Winner, Baron Wolsey

Last edited:
The first match is complete, Belswin Torrid is the winner!

Slight change in timing. I'm allowing the next round to be played up through the Friday night of the ducal gather. The final match will be played on Saturday.

Back