Visiting from the Ceriopolis

Denise

Well hello,

My feet have decided to do some walking and I find I'll hit your fine lands soon. I'm just looking for some clarification so I might find myself well prepared.

First off, are the laws similar or the same to those found in Enerret? Really I'm terribly informed about the geography of your lands.

Secondly, I find myself wanting to lend a hand, what exactly would a celestialist find herself in conflict with.

Respectfully,

Taliya
Dominus Chaus of The House of Peace and Malice

Taliya,

I'm happy to hear that you and Eli are traveling to the Maelstrom. To say but a few...

The Maelstrom is a rathe unique land. Presently the majority of the Realm that we are aware of is under the Control of Elementals in nearly ever denomination. They effectively rule over the Prime Material Plane, as the Elemental planes have overrun and spilled into the Material plane due to the Barriers being brought down.

The Laws of the Maelstrom are simple: Respect those with and around you and return this plane to its Balanced state of being free from Elemental taint.

However, presently no Kingdoms of any structure of magnitude exist within the Realm, as they were all wiped out nearly 15 years ago. Thus no Kingdom law exists in any strength of fashion beyond what we have enforced for ourselves.

These Rules are straightforward and are simple.
- Do not take what is not yours, It never hurts to inquire before acting
- Do not bring harm to another Mortal - Knowingly or Otherwise.
- Respect the Cultures and Rights of those around you.
- Fight against the Corruption of the Plane and seek to Restore it to Balance
- Do Not make any deals or pacts with Elementals. If you think you have a very good reason or idea, speak to the community before acting on it.

As this has been a problem in the past, this is a hold fast rule: It is not to be done because the Elementals will ensure that we are used to their ends and this will only work counter to our objectives in the long run. That being said there are two active exceptions presently to this condition.

If you have a question about an act, because you're worried about legal ramifications, then ask either myself, Calderon or Dame Maerize.

I expect all those who visit from other lands to uphold the Laws of the Land from where they are from for themselves and to act in a manner that would reflect on the lands which they are from. It is my expectation and belief that the laws that govern you from any particular land do not stop applying to you if you travel beyond their boarder. While this may differ from the laws of another land, you are responsible solely for your actions. If this would come into conflict within the Maelstrom, ask.

Tally - I would be honored and deeply greatly for any hands lent.
We face Elementals of nearly every major Magisterium and Foundational aspect, with the exception presently of Ice - as they have been contained, and Death - who has acted largely as one of our greatest allies in restoring the Realm to Balance.

Elementals are subject to their typical rules for the most part, however it is speculated that they have the ability to resurrect in a Celestial Circle. More over, some Elementals that have spent a long period within the Realm have started to become mortal and so in some cases have a mortal metabolism.

Banish is potent often as is Elemental damage. Subjugate is a powerful spell and often works extraordinarily well in conjunction with an Elemental blade.

Elemental shields, while useful, quickly run out as most of what we face has some manner of elemental aura to it.

We do face Undead from time to time, which have in the past show an Elemental taint of a specific type: the last was Ice. Fire will be next, almost certainly.

Apart from that, we have a lot of work to do and we are only ever motivated by our own impetus.

By my Hand.
In Service,
- Dragoon Squire Shin Shanshi
House of the Zodiac

...Thanks for the heads up my brother... Prepare the booze, birdman's inbound. See you soon...

-D

((a soft-spoken, gentle male voice comes through dream. His intonations are respectful, formal, and obviously trained, with the occasional stutter))

Greetings travelers,

Please be cautious coming through. Particularly large groups can draw the attention of creatures within the mists. You should not have a problem, but warning rarely hurts.

The surrounding area has some local fauna that are able to poison us. Poison shields are very, very helpful.

We are currently somewhat sheltered (comparatively) from elementals and it appears that we are- for the moment- well hidden from most of the factions. Actions that would alert elementals to our presence are certainly something that should be discussed with the community. There is a camp of native citizens of the land who have begun resurrecting, enough that evacuating them or moving them (while possible) could result in significant loss of life and should not be done lightly. Keeping them safe is of high priority.

Squire Shanshi, please correct me if any of this is inaccurate.

It will be a pleasure to meet you all.

-Assistant Terren

Last edited:
Hello... I've heard about all this elemental imbalance and am going to try to push my way through the mists intentionally this time to help as it sounds like it fits with my Oaths. Aside from the very reasonable laws set here, I would like to know what scrolls I should scribe for the populace. If I am going to be making the stacks of elemental shield scrolls that I made in Calliphestus I'd like to know in advance. I think I bought every drop of spell ink in that town, and it cost as much as you'd think.

-Kel

(a voice responds in a faux dwarven accent)

Greetings Kel,

I hope this message is not to late but I think you should be aware we face more than just standard elementals here. So it may be best to prepare some magic armor and spell shielding as well. It seems we are always short on these basic defensive magics. I very much look forward to seeing at the next gathering.

-Embrawk Hematite

Last edited:
So ten magic armors and four spell shields a day?

If that won't take away to much from your elemental defensive magics, I'd say yes. To be clear I'm suggesting a mix of elemental shields, spell shields and magic armor. As I am unaware of how many you can make I leave the mix of these to you. But Elemental Shields should be the primary majority of what you create, with a few spell shells and magic armors as well if possible.

I will make a double master batch of spell shields and magic armors for my trip, and then make a double master batch of elemental shields with materials carried with me then.

You say that now. Then I'll hit on you, you'll probably be embarrassed, you might punch me in the mouth. Good times!

(Speaking sincerely)
I'd never punch you in the mouth . . . (Snickers at first and ends the statement balling with laughter) always go for body shots first get 'am to guard low then go for the knock out.

You. I like you.

... You bringing brownies as well Kel? I always do appreciate them...

You know it D!

*a figure that the dream has trouble deciding whether he his wolf or man speaks up in a foreign tongue, but in the dream his words have meaning*

Ah, another that brings stone cakes! Between the two of us we shall present a feast to keep the rest of our companions fighting for many hours!

Kjeld son of Bjarn
niðr Jardhilgr Roedha
Keeper of Numbers

I should warn you if you're gonna bring baked goods, you best do so with your finest recipe. The compatition can be fierce and while a few days of adventure can turn out some good treasure it's copper compaired to the fortune that awaits well crafted baked goods. Perhaps it's the comforts of such confections that keep those in this place sane, perhaps it's the energy of the sweet treats. I cannot say for sure but there is one thing I can say with certainty,

in maelstrome

baked goods equal coin.

I'll be coming in from the Ceriopolis to eat cakes, drink wine, and mess up some Elementals.

See you soon,

Kasuni

Back