Visiting those spider guys again

Lurin

Duke
Hey,

Durl needs to get his circlet thing back from those spiders, a real nice gypsy gave it to me en I don't wanna lose it forever. Is there someone that ken send Durl back to the Island, and maybe wait a bit until he comes back with it?

-Durl.

Is ni problem, Durl. I will come wit' you. Hopefully some of our friends will too. I don' want to see you in dhe circle again.

~Marcey

Goodman Durl,

As I see it there are two options for getting there.
1) We take the waystone.
2) We take a boat.

Both options could be very interesting. Considering the amount of morlocks, baby fish monsters, fish monsters and crocs swimming around the cost it could be dangerous, not to mention finding a crew willing to ferry us there and back. Taking a boat forces us to be on someone else's schedule. But, on the other hand having an alternative to just the waystone might be a good idea. And with the balance of celestial and earth magics being off, using the waystone may hold some hidden risks.

If we go this next market day, I suggest that we go when the sun is high in the sky. Spider Island was very dark and it was hard for me to see much of anything. Also from my experience with spiders they are more nocternal; this does not mean that there are not spiders who will be up and about during the day. I would like to try to talk to the dryders and mabye come to a peaceful resolution. Or first introduction did not go off well. Does anyone know how to reach either of them?

I would like to hear what you all think.

Liddia FallingStar Mistress of Mushroom Hallow

Hey Durl I'm in...Hopefully the smaller group may be able to handle it a little better.

Now that we know where we are going and how the island is laid out it should prove to be much less of a dangerous venture. But, I agree with you Sae Azaka. A smaller stealthy group who can get in and then out might be the best.

Liddia FallingStar Mistress of Mushroom Hallow

Durl,

I wish ya luck, but fer yer own sake... it's probably not a good idea fer me to come. Last time I went there... well... I got charmed by the spider things and almost killed three people. So... yeah. Might want ta find people that can deal with Charm and Dominate.

Garmok

I would like to hear more clearly what you seek Durl, but if you still need spells and blades when and how you chose to go I will help you. I look forward to seeing you again friend, it has been too long that the mists have kept us parted.

May the stars shine on your paths,
- Mage Eldarion Avari

Durl lost his things last time we went ta spider island, cause he suddenly decided it was nessasary to go visit his favorite Gypsy in the earth circle, sometimes that happens. Most of its just things, some that heal, some that you can trade or make go boom, I think maybe a book in there, thats no big deal the spider ken have that stuff if they want.

But the circlet is special, it was a gift that someone gave to Durl when he was in that big hour-glass sandy place awhile ago. It doesn't light up or makes ya fly or nothing but its important cause someone gave it to me and I don't want to lose it. Its made of chain links and I suppose if ya don't have a big head like Durl you could maybe wear it as a necklace.

I think we were looking for something else when we was there before, but Durl didn't really get into that, he was just coming along tas help.

-Durl

I will go with you... Last time I went to Spider Island I felt super strong and I didn't get hurt as much. I don't know if it will be the same..maybe it was just something that happened only once, but I would still be willing to go to help get your stuff back Durl.

Cerria

I cannot personally go to Spider Island for reasons I won't get into right now, right here.

But the White Spire and all we have are at your disposal, Durl.

Anyone who plans on going needs to have some Release and Purify potions on hand. I have Purifies aplenty, but for Releases, we'll need to implore upon those who can create them or find a merchant.

Beyond that, I agree -- a smaller group is perhaps better and everyone needs to agree to stick together, to run in, grab what is needed, and then get back out quickly. Perhaps no more than five, three who know the sword and two who can cast/heal. I would also suggest taking the Waystone. A boat, even with Marcena and her crew to help, seems uncessarily dangerous, not to mention time-consuming when we are already pressed for time. I also agree that going during the daytime, when one can see is the best idea.

Again, any resources I or the White Spire have are at your disposal. You need only ask.

Good luck!

Whats a sword got to do with anything now?

-Durl

The Driders of Spider Island are not without spirit and mind. It is likely they would return said bauble given proper conversation and or compensation.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

What do you think spiders like Dramthin? Maybe Durl could find something they like, but they can't just keep someone elses gift thats not right.

-Durl

I myself wonder what driders would consider fair compensation. Unfortunately, my exploits in pursuing said knowledge have garnered paltry return. Like all living creatures, food and drink are necessary; like all thinking creatures, beauty is appreciated; like all social creatures, camaraderie is cherished. Perhaps we can meet this weekend and pool our collective experience on the subject. As always, I prefer diplomatic solutions to military.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Back