visiting your lands

raven

hello

i will be visiting your lands in april and i would like to find a reasonably safe place to rest my head and maybe a spirit link scroll to craft from.

also i have heard rumors that my spirit locked sword may not work when i come from the mists is there a way to attune my blade to your lands?

i am well studied in celestial magics and i also cand handle a blade ,if any group would like me to travel with them for my first tim in your lands i would welcome the company.

thank you
Raven

Hello, Raven.

Unfortunately I do not have such a scroll, you will have to ask one of the several groups in town. We have several cabins available nearby the tavern however to rest easy and they are very easy to put a Ward spell on, or if you'd rather the tavern has bunk beds that are also easy to put a Ward spell on as well.

As for your sword, the mists are strong here, and they may not allow the magicks to work. However we have found a way to attune magical items from other lands. It is an area called the Mist Cave, where you may attune such items. Be warned however the Mist Cave shapes itself as powerful as the item you are trying to attune. If your sword contains great power, the Mist Cave will throw stronger 'mist monsters' at you.

As for groups we have several here. Most, I'm sure, would be willing to accommodate you. It mainly depends on what kind of company you wish for.

~Brother Icey, Leader of the Brotherhood of Light in Gaden

Raven,

A fairly safe sleeping place should not be too hard for you to find here in Gaden, though Wards often are infrequent, unless you can put up your own. From what lands, if I may ask, do you yourself hail from?

The Order of Shadow's Light is in possession of a Spirit Link scroll that perhaps you could craft from, for a fee, of course. Would you be wishing to craft from it yourself, with your own components and magic, or do you require us to craft it for you?

As Brother Icey says, the Mist Cave will allow you to attempt to attune one item per day, with the difficulty of the trial corresponding to the rituals and remaining duration of the item in question. Certain rituals, if they are alone upon an item, have been seen to attune automatically, but as I say, only if they are the only rituals on the item: Arcane Armor, Spirit Links and Locks, and times ever effects.

May I inquire as to how skilled in the Celestial arts you are? I myself am a Celestialist, as is my companion, and we are always interested in seeing the strength of others' manipulation of the Celestial bodies.

May the Light guide you, and the Shadow guard your path,
~ Gandian Ravenscroft
Treasurer of the Order of Shadow's Light
Celestial Guildsman of Gaden

Raven? Hrm Gandian do I know him? Raven do I know you? Where you come from? I Gorka, Short, Green, Pretty flower in my hair. Gorka was at the big gather with the Rocksasha, Gubba came with too. Gorka find you safe place as long as you don't try to hurt Gorka's friends then you can be Gorka's friend.

By the way can you make cure light wounds? cus then you be very good friend of gorka and she buy from you. But if you need Cure Light Wounds Gorka take care of it.

Gandian is this guy nice? I hope he be friend, Gorka not have new friends all winter.

- Gorka
Disjuncter
Healer of the Gaden Earth Guild
Sister of The Shadow's Light
Pack member of The Black Wolves
Stag Champion
Remember of Gubba and Crow

Raven,

I have said scroll and yes, you'll find most magic items don't travel through the mist wall.

Contact me privately for details.

Fern Woods

I know Raven. He is a good elf. A little over protective.

Raven,

I hope you aren't visiting because you know it will be my first time adventuring. You aren't going to try to send me home? Because that won't work. I am here to learn as much as I can. You can help me learn celestial magics of course if you want. For that I would be grateful.

-Skye Nevermore

Skye, I am Fredrick Crawford, of the Black Wolves. If you are looking for a teacher in the arts of Celestial casting I would be happy to help. Though I may be busy at the capitol next market day if it is possible for me to return I shall. Also, the newly restructured Celectial Guild is always looking for new initiates. If your interested then please speak with Dure'dhel.

-Fredrick

Hi Fredrick,

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Will you be available in about a month for a few lessons? I have found that I should be in the neighborhood at that point.

Dure'dhel,

Would you be willing to take me into the Celestial Guild? How do I become an initiate? Can you send a pigeon my way with your answer? I know that there are often too many ears listening in.

-Skye

all

well now that i have heard from some of you let me tell you a little about myself, i am a kerigani elf (wild elf to those who would like to be racist) and i am warden of the firwood in the barony of nordenn duchy of ashbury .i do think i met you gorka at the big gather ... i was in my golem during that time the silver face with black and red war paint you may remember it. gandian, i can craft from the scroll myself and i do have components as for the fee i perfer trading to giving coins, also my talent in star magic is at the 10 season of ritual study as of now. i have made it a chore of mine to fight undead and evil

you may also know of my knight gloriana i was squired to her for over 6 years and have known her since my first day of adventuring 13 years ago.

Skye,

do you really think i would travel to the lands just to send you home? we where married 30 yrs ago , a mere 5 yrs bonding, ..... Of course i am sending your silken wiped pampered bottom back home to your mother and father. for all of those 5 yrs we were togather all i heard from your family was how i was a "savage" and i polluted your pure high elven family. can you actually breath this far away from your servants? no one will be bringing you wine when you ring your little silver bell, there will be no hot bath waiting direclty after suppers meal. you are far from home little girl , this is where real adventures go to be heros shed blood and die for the lands.

Raven,

You know nothing of what has happened in the past 30 years of my life. So get down off your high horse. I have survived and have decided I want to join the fight. Nothing you do or say will keep that from happening. As you said we are no longer married which gives you no say over my actions. So you can either help or get out of the way.

-Skye

skye

i see i will have to be your protector again will i? you have never see magic that can obliterate ones spirit, or have the defences to survive a death spell that can bypass your spell shield. you have never taken a evisorating blow and knocked it away so you can keep the battle lines from collapsing. skye, delicate flower, if you witness these daily horrors and still think this is the life you want then i will stand by you. but ill tell you this i have seen many a friend permanantly die, garuda, parduc, ragnar, and it never gets easier it always weight on your spirit

Raven,

You don't have to protect me if you don't want to. As I said I am sure I can learn the skills I need to protect myself. How would you know if I have ever seen someone permanently die or not? A lot has changed. A lot has changed.

It will be good to see you again though, as crass as ever. I know a lot has changed for you too. I am sorry for your fallen friends.

-Skye

*chuckle*

I love strangers...

As an aside, I am glad to bring wine to both highborn and lowborn elves and pretty much anyone in between. I am fairly well renowned for my vintages.

-Fern Woods
The Most Succesfull Somalier this side of the Capital.

I must say, I've never heard the dream realms this lively. At least they seem like friendly folk. I look forward to meeting you both when you arrive in a months time.

-Warden Asher
Deputy Sheriff of Hope's Reach
Formalist of Earth Magic

Theres....theres not really gonna be death tossers that ignore spell shields are there? If it's gonna be too dangerous maybe it would be safer to stay in the shop and work on things or something....

-Jehyu

Jehyu,
One should not be afraid of death. Death is a natural part of the world. It keeps everything is balance. Have you not seen what happens in a rabbit warren when no one dies? Everyone jammed in nose to tail with hardly any room to turn around! Remember, balance should be introduced to those perverted creatures who do death only for joy of violence.

- Volpe
Pack member of The Black Wolves
Brother to The Brotherhood of Light

I dunno about there being to many rabbits ever, when there were extra they used to just get sold faster, anyway I'm not supposed to be in charge of killing things. But if I am supposed to come then I will, I didn't mean to do wrong by maybe thinking about staying home. You think the elf guy could use a scroll maybe? I've been learning to make scrolls some, it's hard but I think I got it down pretty well, I haven't burnt my fingers writing them in days. I've also got better mixing up alchemy and stuff, you think anyone wants some weapon coatings or gets you up elixirs?

I guess it was silly to think to stay home anyway, I gotta drop of Fern's things that I made, he'd probably be upset if I left them at home.

Jehyu,

If you're willing to put them on my weapons for me, I'll buy some of your weapon coatings.

Briar

I can do that! I'm always willing ta lend a hand!

-Jehyu

Back