Vocab Lesson

wolfan

What is the difference between a Dragon Stamp and a Goblin Point? I found Gobbies/Goblin Points in the rulebook but I've heard Dragon Stamp said a couple of times and can't find a definition for it, but I can tell it has something to do with volunteering the way Gobbies do.

Dragon stamps are awarded by national committees and organizations like goblin stamps are awarded by individual chapters.

Dragon stamped items are Restricted, as opposed to the LCO items you recieve for goblin stamps. You can also dragon blanket a character (like a goblin blanket) to gain XP.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6308

they are like goblin stamps but they are used for donations made to the entire alliance rather than your specific chapter. a full listing of what you can do with dragon stamps can be found at the link above.

Robb Graves said:
http://alliancelarp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6308

they are like goblin stamps but they are used for donations made to the entire alliance rather than your specific chapter.

Really? I've heard that HQ has awarded Dragon Stamps to people who did work at Faire Play, which to me seems chapter specific. That doesn't seem to fit your definition, & seems less than "fair".

Individuals who make extremely massive donations to a specific chapter may have the owner(s) of that chapter submit the donation for Dragon Stamps. Submitting someone for a chapter donation to receive Dragon Stamps doesn't guarantee receiving them in any way but the request goes through the higher ups and, if they feel the donation warranted more than the Goblin Stamps an individual campaign can give, they may reward the player with some Dragon Stamps as well.

Ashbury wouldn't have awarded the Dragon Stamps- they would have sent the donors name and what he donated to the Alliance Chairman and had a discussion with her about why they feel this donation went above and beyond what they could compensate. Then they would have had to wait for a decision/Dragon Stamp compensation total but in all likelihood if a chapter feels this is the appropriate route to go its unlikely, I would think, their request would be denied.

Baligan said:
Robb Graves said:

they are like goblin stamps but they are used for donations made to the entire alliance rather than your specific chapter.

Really? I've heard that HQ has awarded Dragon Stamps to people who did work at Faire Play, which to me seems chapter specific. That doesn't seem to fit your definition, & seems less than "fair".

never heard of that and i do work there all the time. Quinn has the right of it. DS can only be awarded to players who donate for things that benefit the entire alliance not just a single chapter.

Robb Graves said:
Baligan said:
Robb Graves said:

never heard of that and i do work there all the time. Quinn has the right of it. DS can only be awarded to players who donate for things that benefit the entire alliance not just a single chapter.

Robb, Scott (Quinn) is stating that "a donation warranted more than the Goblin Stamps an individual campaign can give, they may reward the player with some Dragon Stamps as well." This is true, it has happened and is within the rules. They are on a case by case basis.

Back