Wand Measurements

kender159

Artisan
Greetings all!

I have an OOG question regarding the measurements of a wand... I was wondering about using a cigarette pipe holder as a wand for flavor but the measurements fall short by .3". Also, is this considered and unsafe wand?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/91508961/vi ... tique-long

Gabriel de los Angeles

It doesn't look any more unsafe than any other wands I have seen out there. If it is about the size of a finger in diameter (~3/4"), you should be ok.
For it coming out short, that can be easily remedied with a small wood extension (I could probably fashion one and stain it so that it blends in fairly well) or add some type of accent piece to meet size requirements.

To go along with what Sean said:

As long as it meets size requirements, we've been allowing wands of all kinds. Obviously this will come down to whatever Marshal ends up examining it at an event, however, so don't expect it to be passed simply because someone on here said it should. :) Things like this always come down to Marshal Discretion at events while they are able to examine the physical representation.

As for size: it has to meet size (length) requirements to be legal, so if it is too short by any margin, it's too short and wouldn't be usable.

obcidian_bandit said:
Slap a gem or something on the end. You can probably get a pretty rock at a rock/'new age' store for a dollar.

slapping things with rocks tend to break things.

Much appreciation for your responses, guys. I'll snag another piece that falls within the length requirements and will still fit my design and usability purposes because I want to be using this for its intended purpose as well.

Gabe

Back