Wands

I am going from memory.

But I am pretty damn sure that is all correct. I would in fact bet money on it.

If any of that is wrong, I previously gave Justin H, permission to call me a dirty liar.

But yeah. It makes more sense that way, and is the reason I don't think there is actually a restriction on how many wands you can make in a logistics period, because it doesn't actually matter. Much like making 50 long swords. You still are only using 1 at a time, and you don't get 4 slays with each sword.

Sunnfire said:
Wands do not expire. The Wand tag will be something like a weapon tag, with a element specified on it. That tag is attached to your wand rep.

this was probably asked before, thus making me a nub for asking again but on page 103 of the new rules

The Rule Book Page 103 said:
A mage can purchase more than one wand, each attuned to a different element. However, all wands will last only one gameday (from Logistics period to Logistics period). If you have not used up all the charges in your wand by the end of the game-day, they will expire on their own.

was the lasting of one game day refuted, because u specify above they do not expire?

no, he is saying that the way wands are written int he book is wrong so you can't compare the two versions and we need to wait till the addendum comes out to know for sure.

thats what i thought, but i was checking.

its mostly a moot point for me any way.. with my wopping 1 celestial spell a day. :D

Actually a benefit for the ocassional Desecrated necromancer

Sunnfire said:
Are you kidding...

That is 1 '1 elemental <your favorite element here>' packet of ultimate destruction.

yes my 2 silver of destrustion... hey it could do 2 damage on some monsters that take double. and with a destruction on them thats 4. I moving up in the world of pwnage.

all in all though if its not 2 silver a day, then yes its totally worth it.

Now you see the light.

Just make sure you spend the extra gold to strengthen them, so you are not denied your elemental Pwnage.

I dunno. if the way it was described above goes into effect... i'd rather carry multiple wands than strengthen 1. it's more cost effective. i'll carry around a bucket of wands. it'll be great. till npc camp sends out a giant seal after me claiming that i stole it from him.

the way my fix (make it so only the caster/creator can use a wand) simplifies the rule is you don't need to put in 4 pages of swapping rules if you can't swap. No need to worry about charges, (that are in the pc not the wand) No need to worry about rules about fighters with read write magic using one (albeit for 1 elemental <fire,ice,lightning,stone> ) as has been suggested by Rob.

There is no real point to having 30 wands but if you made it so they couldn't trade- so no need for further rules- you don't need to add rules about fighters with 1 celestial spell using them for 1 elemental ice. You also would not end up with 70 wands on the field wielded by every Tom **** and Harry for 1 elemental <blah blah blah>. For those of you that would say it wouldn't happen I say to you the wands were put in play to help fix elemental casters. Not to make a new pocket wizard problem. Elemental damage is hard to avoid- it was meant to help us...

also as a side note having a bucket of wands that you pay for every event is more cost effective than strengthening 4 how? (over the course of a season)

I'm waiting to see "Los Bandito El Emental" with the two bandoliers of elemental destruction strapped across their chest. Mui potenta!

Celebolwa said:
the way my fix (make it so only the caster/creator can use a wand) simplifies the rule is you don't need to put in 4 pages of swapping rules if you can't swap. No need to worry about charges, (that are in the pc not the wand) No need to worry about rules about fighters with read write magic using one (albeit for 1 elemental <fire,ice,lightning,stone> ) as has been suggested by Rob.

Anyone with read magic can make a wand. So a fighter with 1 celestial spell can make a wand.

Even with the system you suggest, a fighter could make a wand and throw packets through a wand.

Celebolwa said:
There is no real point to having 30 wands but if you made it so they couldn't trade- so no need for further rules- you don't need to add rules about fighters with 1 celestial spell using them for 1 elemental ice. You also would not end up with 70 wands on the field wielded by every Tom **** and Harry for 1 elemental <blah blah blah>. For those of you that would say it wouldn't happen I say to you the wands were put in play to help fix elemental casters. Not to make a new pocket wizard problem. Elemental damage is hard to avoid- it was meant to help us...

You won't end up with people with no real celestial column wielding wands because it is phenomenally ineffective.

Celebolwa said:
also as a side note having a bucket of wands that you pay for every event is more cost effective than strengthening 4 how? (over the course of a season)

Wands don't expire. You do not pay for them more than once.

Robb Graves said:
I dunno. if the way it was described above goes into effect... i'd rather carry multiple wands than strengthen 1. it's more cost effective. i'll carry around a bucket of wands. it'll be great. till npc camp sends out a giant seal after me claiming that i stole it from him.

Me too. I am just trying to get people to spend more money.

"I'm waiting to see "Los Bandito El Emental" with the two bandoliers of elemental destruction strapped across their chest. Mui potenta!"
IG: Ralph Dandelion (Raif don duh lee on)
OOG: Jeff Rainville

- I want a Bandolier of destruction......me me me -!!!

**Jumping up and down with hand high in the air!!! **

Onitt

= )

Sunnfire said:
Celebolwa said:

Wands don't expire. You do not pay for them more than once.

quote]

Wands last one game day (from logistics period to logistics period) Pg. 103

So for fear of shatters ect, strengthening is probobly cheaper in the long run. Well cheaper than a bucket of wands at least.

no one reads threads, i swear. they just read the last post and decide they should comment.

the way wands are written in the book is wrong so we need to wait till the addendum comes out.

Thanks robb.

I now name you defender of the wand thread, because if I have to type that one more time there will be hell to pay.

Though I suppose that would only be bad news if you play in CT.

No need to be a Jerk ;)

No one ever said that the only one logistics period thing was the thing that is wrong with the wand enntry in the other threads, not everyone can read the owner boards remember.

i can't read the owner boards. i wouldn't want to either. from what i hear it's even worse in there than out here on the public boards.

if my reply was jerky, i couldn't tell. when my momma made me there was so much manliness packed into me that there was no room left for tact or empathy. :lol: j/k... kinda. didn't mean to come off that way.

anyway, just so i don't lose my train of thought.... the way wands are written in the book is wrong so we need to wait till the addendum comes out. :mrgreen:

perhaps someone should make a locked thread and literally call it "Wand Rules on Page 103 are Incorrect". no one would miss that right?

Back