Wanted Necromancer at Large

Fellow Citizens and Adventurer,

By Order of High Regent Renlee Firstborne, The Magistracy of Wayside is placing an order to detain and arrest Simeon Compton Rice.

Rice is wanted for questioning on the charge of Necromancy, Possession of Illegal Items and Substances, and Defying an Executive Order. the Magistracy is asking for information leading to his capture and placing a bounty for such information at 25 gold.

While we appreciate any information the common citizen can provide us we wish to warn you that Rice is an able chaotician, formalist, and former adventuring mercenary with resources to combat common threats at his disposal, thus we ask that our citizenry be carefull in attempting his apprehension.

Failure to provide information as to his whereabouts will be considered Conspiracy to Aid a Wanted Criminal and be punished severely.

Thank You

Assistant Magistrate Micheals

Once a necromancer always a necromancer, Its a shame I wasnt able to finish the job I started. The light will judge him and be so brilliant as to drain the very air from his lungs and squelch the spark of life that keeps him animated.

Khale Blacklight

I'd like ta be surprised that the ink on the 'merger' is barely dry 'fore word goes out that the Earth Guild's resident Chaos expert is wanted dead or alive, but it isn't working fer this old cynic. Might be time fer anyone else who's not a fan o' tha Order's actions in tha past ta take a bie of a walkabout before things get uncomfortable, and people o' less status than Master Guildsmen bite the bar. Zealots don't tend ta be reasonable.

-Padraig

Assistant Magistrate Micheals,

Is there any word?

Many Thanks,
Liddia FallingStar Mistress of Mushroom Hallow

ChrioLA said:
Once a necromancer always a necromancer, Its a shame I wasnt able to finish the job I started. The light will judge him and be so brilliant as to drain the very air from his lungs and squelch the spark of life that keeps him animated.

Khale Blacklight

I don't mean to make enemy's and I don't really know who you are good man Khale, but to chant to saying "once a necromancer always a necromancer" is shortsighted at best and downright wasteful at worst. I do not wish to give any sort of implication that I would support breaking the laws that forbid necromancy in the least bit. However you must allow for the posibility that an individual can have a change of heart. Now I agree that once beyond a certain point, say willingly transforming into an Undead being and taking measures to keep onself that way there is no redemption. But I believe that it is possible once punishments are made and taken for a fallen soul to find their way back to the light again. I hope your not saying that you don't believe if an individual makes a mistake in regards to necromancy they can never be brought about to follow the laws and codes of the land?

May the stars shine on your path,
-Mage Eldarion Avari

It good to hear from ya Eldarion, I woulda 'oped it be on a betta undastand'n...seem dha moons dhat 'ave pass since last time not been clear fo you, but dhat ok...sky magic can be very powaful, and make yo mind not sharp like in need to be to undastand Earth magic.

Whit Earth magic dhere be a balance, like when sella pig man want ta fin' out how much meat he has. Dhere is Earth an' Chaos... some say dhat all need me balance, dhat not true, cuz dhat mean dhat Chaos ok ta be use if you are usin' much of dha Earth to. Dha Balance is im dha choice dhat ya ghet. Dhis may be 'ard tah follo, i know dhat Sky magic different, it are not balanced...mo dangerous...more control need be taken.

Earth magic, heal'n...it make betta fasta, it take normal natural way an make it go fasta...noting 'appen dhat wouldn't if left 'lone.

Chaos magic, dha necro'ancy...it are unmake dhing dhat already dhere, it make dhing dhat neva eva 'appen natural...it drain dha very spirit fwrom a man tah change 'im inta a weeka man.

When dhis man of dha Black Ligh' name Khale say dhat once a Necro'ancer, alway a Necro'ancer...he mean dha truth. Dhere be no fogive, no eye dhat be blind. Law is not portant, dhem dhere ta make dhing even...dha crime of necro'ancy dhere not in law of lan' or man, but Earth itself.

It murda ta kill a man whit no reason 'gainst 'im...but law say it ok ta kill man if man who make law say so...like in war. Ya still not 'ave dhing 'gainst dhat man, but ya kill 'im an is not wrong in law. Dhat not dha way with necro'ancy...it neva ok, dha Earth make it neva ok...no man can change dhat one way or notha.

If ya use necro'ancy you will carry dhat bail of stone on ya shoulda fo you life, alway' payin fo it. Ya may get killed by law, an dhey say you ok...but dhat only good tah dha fool dhat not really know of dhe Earth.

Black Light man name Khale talk of dhis, not law of pape' but law of dha Earth. Dhis man Simeon Compton Rice, he be a necro'ancer...I know dhis when I firs' meet 'im...but I not able ta do anydhing bout it, I be in strange lan' where fold call Vampire a lil prince man arch duke, so I not know if dhis man I can make feel dha pure embrace of dha Earth right dhen or not...afta all he say dhat he were part of Earth Guild...dhat tell ya how much dhay am be trusted while 'e still part of dhem Guild.

So no, dhere is no forgive fo necro'ancy... dhis not mean dhat a man tah be kill ova and ova right dhen, but it mean dhat he will foreve' be known as Necromanca, Wielda of Chaos...enemy of all dhat is natura' in dha Earth. Long life he may 'ave, but it be life of mud, slime, tainted foreva.

-Hisaga Hengin

Elf,

you should be wary of your words and perhaps do your homework less ye make an enemy and say words which will rend a sword to your neck. I am truly saying once you've tasted the black power of Necromancy in any form your spirit is thus forever tainted with its affect. Redemption is possible only in the most extreme cases. I suggest to any that have defiled themselves in this way to simply fall on their swords or better yet, seek me out and I'll be happy to thrust me sword into your neck repeatedly until your spirit is too weak to resurrect into this world.

Sir Khale Blacklight

Mage Avari,

We gotta talk. If ya don't come see me as soon as ya get here, yer lookin' at sedition.

Khale,

This crap is getting old. Stop the threats. If ya do decide ta attack another adventurer, I warn ya now - da punishment will be harsh.

First Deputy Garmok Stoneskull Rockfist

Deputy Garmok Stoneskull,

I certainly look forward to speaking with you once I arrive. Please don't understand my words, I do not support necromancers and those that engage in that in any way shape or form, and I will gladly help apprehend this man. I see it as highly dishonorable to disregard and ignore the laws of any land while in them.

I was simply speaking to the fact that until the details are crystal clear I feel that it is unnecessarily harsh to unconditionally say once an individual has committed the crime of necromancy they can "never" come back to a good place. If others feel differently I hope they can agree to disagree. Hengin, I agree that they will carry the burden of such a mistake for all their life, all I was saying is that I hope that there can be such a thing as forgiveness "if" it is merited. I do not mean disrespect to any particular individuals and I assure any and all I will gladly do what I can to render assistance in this case.

With respect,
-Mage Eldarion Avari

Dhere neva fogive, jus' tolerat'n. It not burden o' mistake, necro'ancy 'ave you choose ta call fort' dhem magics, and weeve dhem, o' howeva you undastan' magic work'n.

Black Light man name Khale, you talk of dhis whit strong hart. Dhat good...I dhink you right bout only redem' in strong'st of time. We lil dif' dho, I dhink dhat it not need'd tah make man die for'ver all time...but I dhink it really bout dha dhings dhat sround dha reason. 'ut it tru...dheath dha best answa...an onla one most time.

Garmok Hoblin' Orc sheriff man, he are not talk bout traito' and dha like. dhis just talk between folk, less Eldarion had much wors' time sin' I lass see 'im I not dhink he eva do such dhing...I dhink it betta to force law when it need forc'n, not look fo it. I are not talk bout you an' Black Light Khale man, I no dhere be more dhere dhen I know. So dhat fine. I are not say you bad and Sheriff, I are just say dhat I are not want more ta 'appen cuz dhis dhan dhere need be.

-Hisagi Hengin

Stoneskull,

perhaps its time I come back to wayside and visit you once again. perhaps my blade has gone amiss and with its absence the chaos has become too tempting for those that live there. I certainly remember you and I had a dance left. I think its time to pick up were we left off.

Khale Blacklight

"I are not say you bad and Sheriff, I are just say dhat I are not want more ta 'appen cuz dhis dhan dhere need be."

i not mean say dhat...I mean

"I are not say you bad AT Sheriff, I are just say dhat I are not want more ta 'appen cuz dhis dhan dhere need be."

I are sorry if I make folk dhink dhat I are dhink Garmok bad at job, dhat are not what I wan' say...I jus' wan make sure my talk'n in dream not get any folk in trouble cuzza not hearin what said right...sometime folk hear dhing difrent in da dreams.

-Hisagi Hengin

Mage Avari,

Do not concern yourself with the deputy's idle threats and posturing. I and his Lordship, the Honorable High Regent Renlee Firstborn welcome healthy discussion on legal matters. How else is change affected than through proper discourse on such things. There are, however appropriate avenues for such please take this elsewhere. If, however you have appropriate questions regarding the nature of this warrant, its reward, its causes, or the like, please feel free to contact us, or the Brotherhood of the Light on this matter.

Stoneskull,

Speak to me as soon as possible, or your looking at gross abuse of power and obstruction of justice.

Brother Blacklight,

While your unilateral support of this decision is nothing short of expectation for the Brotherhood of the Light and the fervor with which your support of the law in this matter is shown, I find it important to remind you that the law is clear as to matters of vigilantism and murder, as opposed to execution. Please be mindful of this subtle but important difference in such a precarious time as this for the Brother, for your former Captain Renlee, and your fellow adventurers.

To all,
While I am sure there is a proper time and place to discuss crime, punishment, and how such should reflect upon an individual pass, this is an announcement intended to let all citizens and adventurers know that the duly appointed authorities of these lands seek a necromancer dead or alive. discussion should be kept pertinent to the topic at hand.

Mistress Fallingstar,

As a master of Briarpass your entitled to a limited portion of my reports in this matter, I can make them available to you, travel to you at my next opportunity, or you may visit our offices at any time of your choosing to discuss this further. My apologies in the time it has taken me to respond to your question, recent changes have driven the magistrates office to a frenetic pace.

Kind Regards,

Assistant Magistrate Michaels

Ark,

Sim has felt my steel in his neck, but to be completely honest with you when I was actively adventuring I had to introduce my sword to the neck of many who would endanger themselves and the town.

I of course would not act in some sort of vigilante manner, instead I would only defend myself as he and I have grudges and should be see one another I would be sure he would attack now that he no longer has to hold his devious magics at bay.

Khale

Back