Warrior Training

Michiko

Adept
Um... so.... yeah, I'm going to see if the mists will let me through, and and if they do...! and and if the ritual succeeds...! I'm going to need a lot of training! I can already use a bow and I know that when using a sword the pointy end goes into your opponent but those neat tricks that I see warriors using are still a mystery to me.

So if you're a warrior and can teach me stuff that'd be really great!

Excitedly,
Michiko

Warrior Michiko, soon to be slayer of everything,

I would gladly teach you whatever you'd like to know when I see you next in Caldaria. Until then, good luck with your evil -against-nature ritual and such.

Love,
Heresy

Michiko,

I am not the most amazing teacher in the world but I would be more than happy to teach you what I can. Most specifically I can show you how to use a shield or how to refit your armor. I might even be able to show you how to hit just a little bit harder. I will also inquire with some others on your behalf. All I ask in return is that you sing me one of your lovely songs. I look forward to seeing you in the Hollow.

~ Avian.

I can teach you anything you need to know, provided you are willing to learn.

Justicar Crowe

Ah Sun,

You and your unreasonable disdain for shields. I suppose I should be thankful you figured out how to use a sword. Maybe someday you will appreciate some of the other forms of combat which help people stay alive. No offense but perhaps you are just to young.

- Avian

Jevedor,

It is a common trait among Twilight Elves. They, as a people, tend to avoid its use. My understanding is that if you were to walk into their forest you could travel from one end to the other and back without finding anyone willing to teach you how to wield one.

With all of that said: Michiko is a member of the Phalanx and for us Shields are a symbol of our purpose. We seek to become shields ourselves for those who may not be able to defend themselves. If she chooses to wield one in battle it would likely be out of respect for that symbolism. I hardly think that to be "unenlightened."

One Shield; Meaningless Without Others,
Riddick Dale
Formal Advisor to Sir Theodin Stanhelm-Hammerfist
Leader of The Phalanx

Wow, thanks everyone!

Heresy,

I definitely want you to teach me that puppet on strings with two weapons dancing thing. It looks very entertaining, and oddly effective. You'll be happy to hear that I am practicing my rawr.

Avian,

That is a very fair trade. Yes. Thank you.

Justicar Crowe,

Wow! I'd be honored to learn from you! Hopefully I don't get obliterated.... Thanks!

Soon to be Warlord,
Michiko

Good friend Michiko,

My advice to you is to learn how to use both two blades and a blade with a shield. I can teach you how to switch between the two styles as fluent as you can walk.

~ Squire Vry
Squire to Justicar Crowe
Captain ~ United Blades, Seekers of the Cleansing Light

P.S. Learn all that you can from my Lord, Justicar Crowe. His wisdom and his teaching will help you more than mine ever could.

Shields are a crutch. Rely on one and the day you don't have one you're done. Fight with two weapons and the day you have to use a shield it'll be a walk in the field.

I know how to use one, and I'll teach someone to use it if they really insist, but shields have done nothing short of making me lazy.

Dance the dance. It's more fun.

On the subject of shields,

I wasn't going to say anything about this here but... I know its going to keep coming up so here goes.

My people consider the use of a shield to denote a lack of trust in one's weapon. Honestly, I don't know. I've seen some very skilled warriors who use shields... to great effect. I've also seen that not all Barbarians (I don't mean this as an insult, only to include those from other lands since they don't all call themselves the same thing) are evil pillagers out to take my land, which is something many elves leaving the Veiled Forest would be surprised to find. Maybe we still have some things to learn from other races. Maybe this is one of them.

I really hope that some day I'll be skilled enough that I don't need a shield, but seeing as I'm just starting out... no I don't trust my weapon yet, and I'd be pretty silly to do so. In the meantime, out of consideration for those from whom I will need healing, in battle I am going to use what will give me the most survivability. I don't yet know what style that will be. Maybe I will prove to be a genius of the sword, next Champion of the Sun before I'm 30! Or maybe I'll be a big clutz who trips over her own feet and makes the monsters laugh themselves to death.

We'll have to wait and see.

Respectfully,
Michiko

Riddick,

I am familiar with that aspect of the twilight culture, as Sun has harassed me on it a number of times in the past.... hence my friendly teasing. I hope it was taken as such. I certainly meant no disrespect to the twilight elven culture, I know way to many of them to make that a wise decision.

Michiko,

I must agree with Squire Vry if at all possible learning both is definitely wise. It has been something I have been meaning to do for some time, my studies have just all been too wrapped up in my earth schooling. I haven't had the time to properly study the art of the two weapon fighting. Perhaps if you learn it you can teach me later.

~ Avian Toth

The ability to fight both styles is extremely useful. Especially in times where there is a lack of shields and a line must be formed.

I agree with Heresy, two blades is much more fun. But when the day that you'll need a shield comes, you will be very happy you know how to use one.

~ Squire Vry
Squire to Justicar Crowe
Captain ~ United Blades, Seekers of the Cleansing Light

Avian,

I think I have almost learned how to use my bow and sword. I finally decided to listen to everyone and learn how to use my bow and a dagger. I am not that good at it yet, but I'm much better than before. Once I finnish figuring it out with my sword, I'll teach you. The first step: bow in the face!

~Sun~

Oh Sun,

That really made my day. I would love to learn your bow to face technique. I am sure it will come in great handy one day when I am fighting on the front line. And In you honor I will charge the enemy ranks, bow in one hand, dagger in the other, yelling about the prettiness of sunshine and butterflies. I hope you will be near to perform my resurrection.

In all seriousness though.. When did you learn how to fight with a bow and a dagger. I thought you were off in Vandalar studying rituals. What do they teach in that school. If they have rituals that miraculously teach you combat skills you really should have let me know. I would have made a visit when I was in their lands back in January.

~ Avian

Avian,
I am waiting for someone to think we are arguing and not talking in gest to one another. I actually haven't been back to Zarden in a few months. I spent the winter in Finn Castle. When I was last in Vandalar I was in the woods for a few months searching for the Unicorn Friend and after a while, you just start practicing. I doubt you will see me with a dagger. I've seen how useless those are. I once went to a town where almost everyone there used them. It didn't seem to work at all for them. Besides, I need to practice with my sword now anyway. I know I'm horrible with it.

~Sun~

Oh yes! Someday necromancers will fear the call of Sunshine and Butterflies. You just wait.

Was this town of all dagger wielding warriors also in Vandalar?

Horn's End. It's a very interesting town and no it is not in Vandalar. A caster there pushed me out of the way when a construct was killing them all because it was going to hurt me (I was saying how I had a Destroy and Shatter item) and then charged it with his dagger. I then had to heal him and show him how to blow it up. Things like that kept happening. They have a crazy tourny. The race ended with an all out battle of town vs town. The sad thing was team AHH!!!! took second place. We were a team of nothing but healers and our champion of Lauroc because he could use a weapon that wasn't a bow or a rock on a stick. I should go back there sometime to see how people are doing/if anything of them are still alive. On that note, does anyone have any copper they want to trade?

~Sun~

Thank you Wik, Amaranthus, Azureith and Riddick for teaching me! I have a lot of practicing to do, but it feels really good to be able to protect my friends rather than just put them back together again after they get hurt. Er... I mean... not that there's anything just about that. Its a really noble thing to be able to do! I just- er... think I'm going to be quiet now before I get deathed.

Thanks everyone who helped!

Happily,
Michiko

P.S. I didn't trip over my feet! ... much.

P.P.S. Paladar, I don't know if you can hear me from where you are but I'm going to try my best to take care of your town. I miss you.

Back