[.11] Warrior's Incantation & Meditate

jwconvery

Spellsword
If I use a charge from Warrior's Incantation to spell strike a spell from memory and miss on the swing, can I Meditate back the lost spell?

I understand that the warrior Incant charge would be lost.

-Joe

I believe a similar situation was discussed in the thread regarding Riposting Strike (which I think should be easy to find, but if not I can link it); in that thread, I believe Polare specified that the spell expended for such skills and Rituals could be Meditated back (provided it meets all other requirements for Meditation).

If it goes by the Riposte rules that @Sage of Legaia pointed out, then you can meditate back the spell but the ritual charge of Warrior's Incant is still expended.

A good rule of thumb is "Rituals can't be Meditated, skills and spells can". In this case, yes, you can Meditated back the missed spell, but the Ritual charge is gone.

A good rule of thumb is "Rituals can't be Meditated, skills and spells can". In this case, yes, you can Meditated back the missed spell, but the Ritual charge is gone.

Technically it should be "Rituals and Defensive Skills can't be Meditated, Offensive Skills and Spells can." ;)

Technically it should be "Rituals and Defensive Skills can't be Meditated, Offensive Skills and Spells can." ;)

Though there looks to be at least 2 exceptions to that. Purifying/Draining Strike and Dispelling Strike appear to not to be Meditatable, as they are Scholarly skills, and not "expended spells or per-day Martial or Stealth skills".

Is this intended, or an oversight?

Oversight. At the time the current meditate language was written, there were no non-spell scholarly skills.

When you meditate do you regain all spells ( that were missed or flubbed) or just one per time you meditate?

Playtest Packet Page 18-19 said:
Meditate - This ability allows players to regain expended spells or per-day Fighting or Rogue skills that missed or failed due to an incorrect incantation or invalid target. The player must spend 10 uninterrupted minutes of appropriate Focus. If Meditate is being used to replace expended spells, the character must roleplay studying from a spellbook which contains the spell to be rememorized. If Meditate is being used to replace expended weapon skills, the character must hold, wield, or otherwise focus on a weapon they are proficient with. During this time, no game skills may be used other than Educated and Teacher. The player should feel free to roleplay discussion, teaching or usage of appropriate subjects (magic or physical combat) with other players during this period of Focus. Once the meditation period has passed, the player may write the spell or skill back in on their Battle Board with an "M" instead of a circle, to denote that it was Meditated back into memory. After this point they may utilize it normally as though it had not been expended in the first place.

Each use of Meditate will return a single expended and missed spell or attack. Multiple Meditated skills or spells may be returned over time with multiple uses of Meditate.

Thats why 3 ranks of improved meditate is gonna be important.

Or being a craftsman who rolls around in their piles of cash with the Jack of All Trades ritual... says the 30 craftsman chocolatier...

Back