Watching the snowfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing at his remark, she looks back to see the snowball land. Not to see if it hit anything, more in hopes it would hide the blush spreading all the way to her ears.

"hey now, are not both parties supposed to agree with the circumstances to certify whether or not a meeting between two people is a date? Besides if I remember correctly I never said I would, I only gave you hope through my consideration of the possibility."

Letting out a huff, Gabriella crosses her arms in front of her chest.

"Well I.. only.. you cant just..."

Twisting her face up in annoyance, she tried to find a way to turn the tables on him but just like the rest if this conversation she was coming up short on ideas

"You are correct, for one drink and to warm up a bit. But I have not once agreed to anything more then that."

Slightly pouting at this quickly losing battle, she walks a little quicker, if only to be next to something warmer then the bitter wind.

She turns to watch him, a rare sight of just simple happiness, while a smile appears on her own face

"Oh are you laughing at me now? Fine then you can walk by yourself to the tavern."

She spins back around only to hit a patch of what looks like ice, and loses her balance and falls into a nearby snowbank with a slight shriek escaping from her.

"ow"

She keeps her face buried in her cloak

Calan holds in laughter.
“No, not at you. That my dear sweet girl was a laugh of victory.”

He steps towards her and extends his hand to help her up.
“Are you all right?”

She looks up at him, the smile on her face now turned into a maniacal grin. She reaches past the extended hand to grab the collar of his tunic. Her other hand appearing from the snowbank holding a loose snowball of her own. She takes the snow and quickly shoves as much as she could into the small opening. Now with both hands free, she grabs onto him and pulls him down beside her into the snowbank, only to roll over, stand up, and start to sprint the best she could in her overdressed state to the warm interior of the tavern. A giddy laugh floating behind her as she ran.

Calan shouts back with laughter.

“ I still win, if your good friend was real you wouldn’t have used that as to why we couldn’t have a date now. Which means you were looking for me and,” he paused to shout a little louder. “It was so you could give me this.” He pulled out the letter and waved it in the air.

Calan dusts himself off and followed her into the tavern.

“I just might read this in front of her for that.” He mumbled to himself.

Last edited:
Reaching the outside door of the tavern, she turns to try and shout back across the way, but no witty reply was to be found. Shutting her mouth, she instead hops inside and closed the door to keep the chill outside where it belonged.

Dusting off her two cloaks and kicking the last remaining snow that still clung to her thin shoes from her gracious plummet into the snowbank, Gabriella looks around the tavern for any familiar faces.

Not too far away the portal lit up as Rohnan walked through back into the Lux. “Of course it’s snowing” she grumbled as she put up her hood. She adjusted shoulder bag that she was carrying and started to make her way towards the small stone house, snow crunching below her feet as she walked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back