Wayfarer's Guild Report: Insectoid Presence to The East

Poalo

Defenders of the Wildlands, Explorerers of The Absence, Adventurers at Large:

A substantial land mass has appeared at the south-eastern edge of the Absence, roughly a days travel from what appears to be a rapidly regrowing forest. From what we could initially scout, the landmass seems to be centered on a group of forested ruins inundated with large holes bored into the ground. These holes seem to have been the work of something akin to large worm.

Our suspicions that this activity was the work of the same humanoid insects that have previously attacked Badril's Rest were confirmed upon reaching the edge of ruins, where the Wayfarer's Guild engaged an fought several dozen "Bugs". Our progress deeper into the area was stopped by a very thick band of flux that enveloped the side of the landmass not facing The Absence itself.

Our scouts have reported multiple figures frozen in the area past the Flux Tempris: Humanoid insects fighting various humanoids armed with what seem to be bone and stone weapons. These figures seem to positioned as if they were in the middle of a great conflict. The color was drained from the surroundings and the insects and humanoids appeared grey.

Additionally, there seems to be a small glade, rapidly growing in the same way as the forest reported previously. We think it will be fully grown in time for the full moon.

The Wayfarer's Guild is offering compensation to those willing to adventure en mass and remove any and all threats from the area. Our initial expedition will be rallying just outside of the glade on Friday evening.

Jacqueline D. Oddway
Wayfarer's Guild Dispatcher

Jacqueline,

Thank you for the report. I am sure a number of adventurers will be traveling that way to assist.

-Avalon Willowcrest

I will be in the area soon. To help with what can.

-Fen

I believe a small portion of your adventuring caste has succeeded in sending the place described above back into nothingness. I can't seem to find it again, and I found no information about the area.

This is good news; that place reeks of death.

- Pulse of Life
Medical Officer, Carnegie

Back