Waylay vs. Unconscious

Status
Not open for further replies.

llywelyn

Artisan
I was having a discussion with an NPC about the interaction of Healing Arts and Waylay and wanted to get it clarified.

When I read the description of waylay, ARB 1.2 pg 68–69:

This skill allows the character to attempt to sneak up on another character or monster and knock him, her or it unconscious.​

The word "unconscious" is used throughout the waylay description to indicate what the state of the individual is:
  • "the victim of a Waylay will be unconscious"
  • "Vorin has no Magic Armor spell so he falls unconscious"
  • "This allows a victim to be knocked unconscious"
etc.

When I read the description of Healing Arts, however:

ARB 1.2 pg 63:
Were you damaged by edged weapons or claws? Were you damaged by blunt weapons? Were you waylaid? Are you diseased? Are you sleeping? Are you terrorized? Are you paralyzed? Are you drained? Are you regenerating? Are you unconscious (at zero body)?​

This indicates that the "unconscious" state is the state of being "at zero body."

So the question is: Does someone who receives a "Healing Arts, are you unconscious?" who is unconscious due to being waylaid answer "yes" or "no."

Basically does "waylaid" also mean "unconscious" or does it just mean "waylaid"?

"Waylaid" and "Unconscious" are two different states. Unconscious means you're at 0 body, Waylaid means you were tagged with a Waylay. Somebody who has been Waylaid should say "no" if asked "Healing Arts, are you Unconscious?"

Upvote 0
For purposes of Healing Arts -

0 Body = Unconscious

Waylaid = Waylaid

So if someone HA your waylaid body, and asks "Are you unconscious?" the answer is "No," unless you're waylaid -and- at 0 body.

Upvote 0
Awesome, thank you!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back