Wayside Town Supplies

Shen [he/him]

Scholar
Chicago Staff
Marshal
The topic of "Town Supplies" has been discussed fairly often over the summer, and there are a lot of individuals who have only recently started adventuring in Wayside and beginning to establish a sense of normal and routine.

With the topic of Town Supplies, one can imagine that there are a number of collected goods and materials that have been acquired, some possibly in excess. Alternatively; there could be a number of things that the Town Supplies may need that adventurers could attempt to seek out or be mindful of in their journeys.

Does the Town have a listing of what the town holds in excess (and may wish to then sell/traded or donated to adventurers) or things that the town is looking for, or needs more of (which may then be sold/traded or donated to Wayside Town Supplies). If so, where might this information be available. If not, could such a thing go under consideration.

-
Shen

Shen,

The answer to your is yes, there is a "town box" in which it holds some items or production and coin to purchase bulk items to pass around town, such as Awaken scrolls when we know we are fighting a nightmare creature, it also holds a few special items to pass among the adventures during market days. I currently am in charge of it and have the box at all market days. I am always accepting donations of any kind, coin or item, for the box to use for the town.

Now as for as the topic of goods and materials, if you are talking like potions and scrolls, the "town box" does have some, but not nearly enough stock to really be considered excess.

What the box could use to help better the town fluctuates based on what we are currently fighting. Right now we are fighting a lot of undead. So purify potions are needed. As are magic armor, spell shield potions and scrolls.

I hope this answers the question, please feel free to ask if you have any more.

-Baron Foss Fairfax

Baron,

I think there's an implied question of is there/can there be a a documented list of what is in the town box

Sam

I don't really hold da box so I don't know what in it. But back in Old Gaden we usta keep important things that we needed ta use to deal with things we we're workin on. Like we kept some important crazy scrolls in there and da catalysts for dem. Once I donated a race change to da town box cause we needed to turn a guy into a Mystic Wood Elf so he could live forever. Dats da kinda stuff we use da town box for in my experience.

-Ragnarok

Ah.

If that was the implied question, then I did miss it and I apologize.
There can be. I will have an inventory by the next market.

-Baron Fairfax

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Eh I dunno if it was but dats somethi I used to see da box used for so figured I'd chime in. Might be different in Wayside.

-Ragnarok

I personally am less concerned with the day to day inventory of Town Supplies, I am sure such things are kept and monitored by those with such authority for these lands. With the number of new/young/fresh adventurers to Wayside, town supplies are frequently a good activity for testing and development of their skills. Knowing what Wayside needs or doesn't need would be useful and efficient knowledge for said individuals.

Hunting, collecting, gathering are skills in which would allow them development, and a way to earn coin and favor or trade the things they don't need for things that they might. With the additional advantage of collecting the resources needed for some of the larger activities Wayside may have planned/needs. I have seen approximately ten people new to Wayside, including myself. Most, to my knowledge; have not signed up to an Adventurer Group or Guild. In the absence of said Group/Guild membership, working to develop Town Supplies seems like a logical step, as well as a recruitment opportunity for both them and the local Groups/Guilds.

Related, I have been slowly studying the area and surroundings. By Waysides' next market, this will by no means be a mastered skill or knowledge but hopefully enough to assist my fellow new arrivals who may not be fighters themselves but still be looking for things they may need, or want to help out the town with supplies that it needs.

-
Shen

Shen,

The West Wayside Merchants Guild is always in need of various crafting item to make unique wares. We have also been know to sponsor and fasilitate jobs for adventurers as does both the Earth and Celestral guilds.

If you are looking for work in between market or during Market Day those groups general have work available.

Aramis Seablade
West Wayside Merchants Guild
Guild Assistant

Back