We Are One

I do not know this Dorgun, but his words echo exactly my sentiments.

A monster cannot know it has been raised by monsters until it is among men - my people know this story well. Subsequent this understanding, it is the burden of the monster in question to seek an understanding of its inherent disadvantages; it is the burden of the monster to either unlearn the maleficent perversity of its upbringing or to willingly sacrifice its personhood.

The latter is easy.
The former is a gauntlet, and it is neither simple nor graceful. It is a trial of one's will and - if one is successful - a testament to the capacity of man to seek and attain redemption.

To the man who would redeem himself, I can offer only support. The task is innately lonely - the journey, however, must not be made alone.
To the man who would wallow in his filth as swine, I can offer only condemnation.

I am happy to see so many share this belief. I look forward to the day we each shall meet.

-V
Acting Circlemistress
Order of the Earth

I know many of you.

Hearing your thoughts and beliefs are appreciated.

In my eyes redemption must be an option. I as a knight I represent my people then I must understand them and want the best for them. Corrheim for a time was occupied by Galanthia. Many of the people still living there used to be Galanthian citizens. Their ways ....their culture was one of reverence and obedience for the undead. They now know another way. Do i put down children and farmers for the way they were raised? Do I cull the weak and exterminate them?

No.. I will not. I will respect the weak and constitute myself the defender of them. I will be their champion and teach them. If after they are taught, after a better way is shown... if they then violate the land they will be put down. Only a monster destroys without care. That I think is the rub... If you know better and still will rend life from the land ...if you would take from all the generations to come..then you are my enemy.

I have the honor of wearing a white belt. Here it indicates nobility. It allows us to be recognized ..we are a symbol. We follow the code and are exemplars of it to show people the way... If our example cause some to change their ways then..I guess we are doing something right.

Sir Marcusagrim Anvilstrike

This...Marcusgrim. I like his words. I like them greatly.

That which has been poisoned by necromancy can be purified. Necromancers can never change what they've done, but they can still learn the error of their ways. They can still be used to protect and strengthen the earth. A poisoned plant can be healed, but would you merely burn it because it has been sickened?

If so, you do not serve the Earth, you serve your arrogance. Protect, but nurture. Restore to order that which has been turned to chaos, but not always does that require destruction.

-Zeth

I see this as a song about the choices we make and the consequences we find.

The Earth gives life; it sustains and nurtures. In it, as in all things, there must remain balance.

A healer takes from the Earth, and gives to the body.
A necromancer takes from the Earth and takes from the body.

A knight takes his authority and gives protection to others.
A tyrant takes authority and demands more from those subjugated.

It is in the ability to give of ourselves for the benefit of others that we find balance.
We are all mortal and prone to acts of hubris. Compassion allows us to grant forgiveness against these trespasses.

Necromancy is neither the beginning nor the end of the evils that we stand against.

I stand against corruption.
I stand against tyranny.
I stand against oppression.
I stand against the perversion of the natural order.
I stand against the diminishment of the spirit.

I stand for that which makes for a better tomorrow.
I stand for those that are not able to stand for themselves.

To take without giving disturbs the natural order.
I seek to maintain that balance.
That is my choice.

--Kadien Storm

Back