Weapons Making / Fight Practice Party

LARP Mom

Artisan
Reminder to my LARP friends (or heads-up for those who weren't at "Afters" today): I will be hosting a weapons / armor / whatever making party on Saturday, June 7th, starting at 1:00 pm until whenever. If anyone is interested we can even have a fight practice afterwards. These is a nice sized park across the street from my house.

Address: 1909 Hazelwood St N., Maplewood
It is south of Hwy 36 between English St and White Bear Ave.

Hope to see many of you then :) Christina Sletten (aka: LARP Mom or Socora)

I am compiling a list of ultralight cores that will need to be ordered. If you'd like something you can message me on Facebook, on the forums, or you can post here and I will add your order to the list.

-Vaughn

Though I have a limited supply I do have some open and closed cell foam that I'll be bringing as well as a spare core that I haven't gotten around to using. Also does anyone mind if my parents come along? They want to meet all my LARP friends apparently.

-Sid (Ragnarok the Loudest Barbarian)

I'll try to make it to lend my knowledge in both basic weapon making for safe and long-lasting reps, and for basic out-of-game melee combat techniques. Also my pile of weapons.

I'll also be present to offer my expertise on weapon construction!

Sid, Your parents are welcome to stop by and visit for a bit. Please note if they stay too long we might put them to work making packets ;) No slackers at a working party :D

I'll make LARPers out of them yet. Thanks much!

Chances are I'll be there. I may need to get a ride, but I'm sure I can make it!

-Marshall

Chances are I'll be there. I may need to get a ride, but I'm sure I can make it!

-Marshall
Very funny - for that I think I will make you walk ALL THE WAY THERE :)

- - - - Mom

If anyone wants to get in on the core order, let me know in the next couple hours. I'm putting in the order at about noon today. We're only two two-handers away from the next discount level!

Can I get everyone to sound off if they are coming so that I can get a head count for setting up? I have a fair idea, but want to be sure.

Looking forward to seeing you all start rolling in around 1:00 pm on Saturday :)

I'll be there, though I'll probably be working on armor and/or jewelry stuff as opposed to weapons.

Unfortunately, I have a prior commitment with Ren in the Glen this weekend.

Unfortunately, I have a prior commitment with Ren in the Glen this weekend.

I had a feeling that that might be the case for you. Will be missing you this weekend...sigh...See you on the 20th :)

I have another event starting later in the afternoon on the other side of the cities, so I won't be able to make it (or I'd be there for about an hour then have to leave right away).

FYI - Don't worry about the weather forecast - I have a tent cover arriving tonight plus there is the awning on the travel trailer in the drive. We will make it all work.

Back