Weapons Manufacturing

Terrel

Scholar
While I have crazy ideas about weapons and such......I just don't have the skill or resources to make them. My current longsword serves its purpose but is heavy and.....silly looking. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help design a pair of weapons for me....I will provide all necessary currency spent for the production (physrep) by either means of meeting me in person or next event. I still am planning on the design and detail for the model.

I believe I was told that Josh? is great at making weapons, maybe it's someone else....I can't remember names for the life of me.

In any case....if interested send me a pm.....I will respond...eventually. Work has been BUSY.

I would love to help Andrew, I should certainly be at the next event, with another new character! :p

I used to enjoy weapons design, but lately have been having a lot of trouble finding the necessary foam around here. And for Iowa in midwinter, that's saying something. :mrgreen:

If anyone wants, the hardware store 5 minutes away from me has tons of 6' sections of the right kind of foam, it just doesn't have sticky edges. I would be happy to pick up as much as anyone wants me to get for them for the next game if they are interested.

I would be willing to help. My weapons are a little heavier than the ones Josh makes (considering he uses kitespar and I use PVC), but they're still pretty light. I can also make 'em look pretty nice (you've seen some of my weapons, correct?), but I'm still not quite as good as Josh. In short, while I may not be as masterful as Josh at weapon building, (ignore any sound of arrogance here) I still make some fine swords (the blunt ones are not quite as good, though not bad) and could possible help you in this matter.

Also, I happen to have a spare longsword and short sword (though they don't match: The longsword is black, gray, and red, the short sword is green, gray, silver, and yellow.) that you could borrow should you be desperate for weapons, though they were my first weapons I built and they're a little heavy (fine in other respects, though).

~ Alexander

If you want to "best" weapons for speed and "advantage" in combat use Kitespar. It's also safer in the cold, and is more rigid, so cuts down on whipyness. If you get it from the right places it costs AT MOST maybe 5$ more per weapon, however I am certain that you can make that number quite a bit smaller. For reference there are several chapters that only accept Kite spar weapons for NPC camp. These and others are some of the reasons for that.

Realistically, you don't need to get the kitespar weaponry for a short sword or less, it starts being handy on long sword, and I (personally) pretty much exclusively use two handed kitespar weapons. Shipping it can be expensive if you're not buying in bulk so unless you plan on getting a lot, having a couple friends chip buy together, or piggybacking on someone else's order it can get spendy.

Kitespar is awesome in twohanders just for the lack of whip. Other than that... we're talking ounces of weight difference, and if we're fighting according to the rules, any of the above are going to be moving faster than we can call damage anyway. :)

Like I said I would probably not be on so often, hate when I'm right. I like to keep my options open and when I get a chance to sit down for a while I'll lay out my designs and work from there. Try to keep you all posted.

Let me know Andrew :)

So I have been busy with work and honestly distracted with Mass Effect 2, I should have designs by Sunday. I know we have an event the 20th and I'm not worried about having it done by then because I don't want to rush it.

whatever works for ya, I'm happy to do the work.

Terrel said:
While I have crazy ideas about weapons and such......I just don't have the skill or resources to make them. My current longsword serves its purpose but is heavy and.....silly looking. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help design a pair of weapons for me....I will provide all necessary currency spent for the production (physrep) by either means of meeting me in person or next event. I still am planning on the design and detail for the model.

I believe I was told that Josh? is great at making weapons, maybe it's someone else....I can't remember names for the life of me.

In any case....if interested send me a pm.....I will respond...eventually. Work has been BUSY.

Me too, I'm willing to have a long sword for me or different kinds of scottish claymore, I really like that sword. Anyone could recommend?

Back