Weapons Safety Check, 5-9 Friday of every weekend event

Traceroo

Rogue
WEAPONS SAFETY CHECK 5:00-9:00 FRIDAY

Every weapon needs to be checked for safety EVERY EVENT. Even if we've passed your weapon before, yes, it needs to be done again every single event.

Zach (Sir Ri Yarrow) will be available at Logistics where you check in (the building that is the New Acarthia Healers Guild) near the tavern from ***7:00-8:30 Friday night*** to check your weapons for safety. Zach will be available in Hightown/Greenwood Circle at the Tiatar cabin after that, and possibly beforehand as well.

I will be in the Town Guard barracks, which is the creepy cabin down the way behind Logistics/Healers Guild from ***5-9 Friday night*** I will try to make the rounds to all the player areas sometime between 5-7. I will be available at convenience for spot checks thereafter. If you arrive late, please feel free to pull me aside discreetly during the game for a quick check. I’ll be playing Lola the swamp witch – look for dreadlocks and rotten teeth.

COLD WEATHER NOTE

Some materials and tapes that we use to build weapons physreps can change consistency and texture in the cold, or due to altitude changes. Kite tape can become brittle, Gaffer’s tape often loses its elasticity, some glues used between layers of foam for flatblades become hard as concrete, and it’s anybody’s guess how homemade latex weapons hold up depending on construction method. Spot check your own stuff when you arrive onsite. Alliance does not provide repair materials to you; it’s always smart to bring your own for last-minute repairs, if needed. Please plan ahead. Thank you!

PACKETS

Packets in this chapter must be filled with birdseed ONLY. No rice, no Airsoft pellets, no craziness. Sewn packets are generally acceptable, as are, of course, traditional rubber band or tightly taped closures.

VISITORS AND NEW PLAYERS

We play at an elevation of 8,465 feet. You’ll get dehydrated quickly. Be a responsible adult.

Weather for Woodland Park, CO is currently predicted for freezing rain! Boooo! Could be muddy. Cabins are heated. Bring gloves, and extra socks. Be a responsible adult.

Our campsite has dirt-packed roads leading among all the areas with buildings. Terrain along roads is pretty smooth, but it’s quite dark between some of the main areas. You may wish to bring a dim light source for safety. Culturally, carrying bright lights and holding up your light at eye level are very very very unpopular among our local community, so please be courteous.

Weapons check: Denver adheres to the national weapons standards, and accepts latex, Plasti-dip, tape, and cloth covered weapons. If your weapon passed in other Alliance chapters, I think the odds are in your favor here! The “dragon’s tooth” unpadded gap between between crossguard and bottom of blade is usually acceptable. Older style Calamacil weapons were made in a fashion generally considered too hard for use in Alliance – but if it’s Calamacil from the past 3 years or so, should be fine. If you have any specific concerns about your particular weapon, please snap a picture of the rep and send it to me in private message here on Facebook. (No, Will, we’re still not allowing steel rebar as a core material!)

Alliance Denver operates on the honor system for weapons checks; we do not apply tags or any visual signal that your weapon was checked. Please be a responsible adult.

Thank you!

Trace Moriarty
Weapons & Safety Marshall
Alliance Denver

Back