weapons

lukas

i wanted to know if you can use latex weapons at this chapter. i probably won't attend for another year but i wanted to know because i want to buy one.

thanks in advance
-lukas

Latex weapons are allowed in the Southern Minnesota chapter, but are approved for safety on a case by case basis. By and large a latex weapon-rep must conform to the length requirements set forth in the rule book, but beyond that it will be up to the weapons marshal on site to determine whether the rep is safe or not based on stiffness, materials, core size and a few other factors.

That being said the best plan would be to post a link with the weapon that you are interested in buying and we can let you know what experience we've had with that manufacturer/model in the past, before you spend any money :)

That's about all I've got,
Josh C

It will be about 2 inches too long.

anyone got any recommendations for other good larp halberds that would work for this chapter? it would be greatly appreciated

Generally the best bet is to build a boffer halberd. They'll run a fraction of the cost of what you're shopping for there, and can actually thrust rather than being confined to striking only like all latex weapons.

They don't look quite as nice, but they are a bit more functional and materials will run you closer to $20.

thanks for all the help you guys have offered, but i think i want to try a different character that would be a dryad adept that uses a staff, i want to use a latex mostly because they just look so cool, any suggestions?

Last edited:
Many of the latex reps are too long when it comes to staves so please make sure to check the length that is listed and not assume it will be the right size. There are a lot of great reps out there and with staves the vast majority will pass. Though no marshall can ever gurantee a pass on a weapon via the interwebs in the end its always a judgement call after seeing them in person.

Back