Website in progress.

Bond

Hey everyone, we've been working on a website since our old one went down, and we haven't had a proper one for a while. Take a look at alliance-seattle.webs.com and please give us any feedback you may have on content you'd like to see, keep in mind it's a work in progress. :D

Some disparate thoughts:

I'd like to see the Laws of Andar on a separate page, since it's an in-game document and the tone doesn't really fit.

Also, I suggest a refactoring of the current FAQ section into a "Sites" page that talks about the sites we use, and includes directions and descriptions, perhaps with a map. I'd also like to see an expanded FAQ with the questions that first-timers often post to the forum, but I'm sure those are already in progress.

Also, did you intend to have Google ads? There are lines of the page sources that indicate as much, but they aren't working.

I'm sure shrinking the header bar is on the to-do list. It would involve both overriding that part of the given Medieval stylesheet, and cutting out some of the middle of the background picture, both of which are fairly simple.

I assume that, when completed, that site will reside at the alliance-seattle.com domain?

Anyway, overall I like what I'm seeing. When I was a newbie, I was hungry for any kind of this information, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

elliotbay said:
Some disparate thoughts:

I'd like to see the Laws of Andar on a separate page, since it's an in-game document and the tone doesn't really fit.

Also, I suggest a refactoring of the current FAQ section into a "Sites" page that talks about the sites we use, and includes directions and descriptions, perhaps with a map. I'd also like to see an expanded FAQ with the questions that first-timers often post to the forum, but I'm sure those are already in progress.

Also, did you intend to have Google ads? There are lines of the page sources that indicate as much, but they aren't working.

I'm sure shrinking the header bar is on the to-do list. It would involve both overriding that part of the given Medieval stylesheet, and cutting out some of the middle of the background picture, both of which are fairly simple.

I assume that, when completed, that site will reside at the alliance-seattle.com domain?

Anyway, overall I like what I'm seeing. When I was a newbie, I was hungry for any kind of this information, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Moving the laws is a good thought, it does kind of clash with the "Getting started" theme of the first page.

Also a good thought, we can have FAQs on a separate page from the sites, give people less to sift through.

The ads are because it's free hosting, which is also why the URL also has the ".webs" right now. Hopefully we can move it to the normal domain but for now it's the free stuff.

I'll see if I can size it down a bit, it does take up a lot of space.

If you package up the files and send them to me I will host them here.

Thanks Dan.
Once we've got stuff settled down and how we want it to stay for a while we'll send it on over. We figured it be easier to get all the editing stuff done and into its final form so we didn't have to send you new files every time someone found a typo for the first few weeks.

A map will be forthcoming and we'll be adding a lot more content to the wiki (which you can get to from the site)as well, including some general IG knowledge and info on the political and military system.

Mmmmmm... delicious mappage! And it even has Westgate added to it!

A couple comments : If games continue to go on in Iron Falls, it might be worth throwing that in there (as I understand it, it's roughly in the center to south-center of Birchgold Forest).

Also, the map continues to show three duchies, but the wiki talks about four (it talks about Westgate being promoted to a Duchy). What's up with that?

-Bryan

Oh no, continuity errors! I'll be correcting the Wiki regarding the duchies. But Iron Falls is on the map! Though it may not be where you though it was >.> <,<

Hey, look at that! Yep, it's nowhere near where I was originally told :) That's ok, such is life. Explains why Polare will be avoiding it from now on ;)

-Bryan

Rogthok, eh...?

Note to self: Advance plans of global domination.

I remember asking when I was writing my character history where Iron falls was, since it was relevant to the character's entrance into game. I was told it was on the border with Llantry by Dave.

Did it magically move?

Haha, sounds like there has been some confusion as to the exact location of Iron Falls. We'll figure it out on the plot boards and get back to you.

Thanks, Bond!

For what it's worth, I was told that IF was the barony at the northernmost point of the kingdom, with a profile mostly facing Llantry.

Honestly, the exact placement doesn't mean too much to me except for being on the Llantry border; the whole reason I was given for moving in the first place was to drive into Llantry and take some of the land that they couldn't defend any longer. It'd be kind of hard to do that from the eastern border.

Haha, no kidding. :) I think we've got the placement figured out. I'll be updating the map and letting everyone know once it's been corrected.

Oh, this map:

(It's fixed now, to be consistent with as many things as people were told as possible. (Westgate and Iron Falls were the only things moved. (And Westgate only got nudged. (And I like parentheses.))))

obcidian said:
Oh, this map:

(It's fixed now, to be consistent with as many things as people were told as possible. (Westgate and Iron Falls were the only things moved. (And Westgate only got nudged. (And I like parentheses.))))
I question the validity of the Kingdom of Rogthok's placement.

Also: )(()())()((())(()()())())(()())))())((()()()()()((((())()(

Back