Wedding time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solveig

Solveig catches herself staring off into the distance in a daze. The last three days had been rather... intense. From the Duke showing up and the conversation that followed, to meeting her future husbands sister and having to put down that wererat, and that was only the first night!
They’d lost people the next night, she sighed as she remembers waiting at the circle for Cassiopeia to come through. Solveig had almost died herself that night, she barely made it out of the dark reaches, and only by chance.... or was it luck?
The events of the last three days weighed heavily upon her, but she smiled as she remembered it wasn’t all bad. She had a wedding to plan!

She toyed with her new hair pin as she worked on a list. Her future sister in law had gifted it to her. She had never owned anything as fine as this. To come from the streets of winterhold to marrying a noble... what a change.

She wrote out that she needed to post an open invitation in the tavern to the residents of the Lux. This was her home now, they should all be there.

She grumbled to herself as she wrote down finding a dress. She’d never even worn one before....

She wrote another note to post a notice for singers and anyone else that might want to offer their services for a price of course.

She chuckled as she tried to imagine what Jinn’s ceremony might look like. She wrote out a short letter to him, inviting him to come to the house and discuss anything they might need to.

She stood up and made her way to the bedroom where Sarryn was sleeping soundly. She looked at him fondly before kicking his leg.
“Wake up! We have things to do!”

While resting in the tavern Artur happens to see a new notice. It's for the wedding! Remembering the conversation that he had with Solveig he asks around for an address and composes a letter.

"To Solveig Trygson

Once again, my heartiest congratulations on your engagement. I have seen your notice and the request for performers attached to it. As you are aware I am a singer by trade and would be ecstatic to contribute to your day of happiness and revelry.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Artur"

Rolling over in bed and pulling his sword out from under the pillow with power in his other hand Sarryn grunts as he sees it’s just Solveig, he thinks to himself of course it’s her she’s the only one invested in the circle. Shaking his head and letting the power drop he looks up at her, “Always something to do or get done, never any time for a sleep in” he chuckles to himself “at least it’s with you so that makes me happy”

Getting out of bed and stretching “I had a thought, we should probably send some invitations out to the Baron of the lands at least and possibly the Lords as well. I might have to check on what proper etiquette is, we may need to see if we can find Illandra at some point soon while we are out”

Solveig smiles down at him as he rises.
“I’ve made coffee, but you have to come to the kitchen. I’ve already taken care of a few things, and I’m sure your sister will be by at some point.”
Solveig makes her way to the kitchen and upon glancing out the window and seeing one of Ruki’s flyers on a tree remembers her vow to him.
As Sarryn walks into the kitchen she smiles sweetly at him.
“Also my love, small thing.... Ruki and some others are donating rituals and reagents to the community for attempting more dark reaches missions. I told them that house Therion would gladly make all we have available to the community.”
She sips her coffee slowly yet loudly as she meets his eyes.

“Thanks you for making coffee” Sarryn says as he drags his feet towards the coffee. Looking over at Solveig when she mentions donating all the rituals and reagents to the community, Sarryn grumbles under his breath “coffee, coffee first then we can talk about it.” Getting himself a coffee and staring into the void while he sips on it and then looking over as Solveig slowly sips on her coffee and meeting each other’s gazes “ok now we can talk about how people can come get the Rituals and reagents I’m not just going to give it away unless they use it that day and have a need for it, my book and reagents have always been open to the ones that ask, but I guess this is a more open way than word of mouth” sitting down Sarryn finishes his coffee and pours himself another and holds the pot up offering some to Solveig.

Solveig holds her mug out.
“I asked Calan to play some music for the ceremony, he said he was happy to do it. Artur has prepared some songs for us and apparently Mal is doing something, but I have no idea what it is.” She chuckles and sips her coffee.
“We do have to talk about a potential issue though. You know how Judas feels about necromancy, and who I invited. I don’t want him getting killed, or the duke being offended, how should we handle this?”

“Maybe we can remove his weapon from him or put some guards on him to make him sleep if he goes to attack the Duke and maybe keep them away from each other?” Shrugging “ I am really not sure how to handle him, I don’t really know him that well but I know his hate for necromancy, maybe we can convince him that as long as the Duke doesn’t cast necromancy he won’t attack...” finishing his coffee and pouring another “I am glad that Calan and Artur will be performing it will be really nice and I am curious what Mal would be doing for us maybe my sister would know”

Solveig taps her mug as she mills over ideas.
“I’m sure that having some people keep an eye on him would be good. Either way we should talk to him. I’m guessing he’s outside kissing a tree....”
She looks out the window and smiles back at Sarryn.
“I love you, I’m very proud to be marrying you. Is there anything that you specifically want for the wedding?”

As she awaits his response Solveig gathers the letters she has addressed to the Lords and Ladies of Ironhold and other nobles that Sarryn asked her to invite.

Duke Vasily Grigorovich
Count Deidrick Haklish
Baroness Simone Doutes
Lord Corbin Van Akkeren
Lord Mathew Korath
and Lady Amiela Eccelstone

She slides the letters over to Sarryn. "Did I get all the names right?"

(Letter reads as such:
The Lord Sarryn Therion and his betrothed Solveig Trygson invite you to join them in celebration of their union. They will be wed on the 12th day of October. Please come and celebrate on this happy day.

All RSVP’s can be sent to House Therion in the Lux.

Best Regards,
House Therion)

"You did, thank you" Sarryn looks up from the letters and names written on them, Lords and Ladies that he hasn't dealt with in years now being sent invitations to his wedding. Chuckling "I really can't think of anything besides you love that I would want there. I love you too and I am damn proud to marry you" looking back down at the stack of names and letters "I think we need to have a sit down with my sister and some really old paperwork I have sitting around concerning a few of these people... but that's for after the wedding" standing up and stretching again Sarryn collects the papers on the table and slides them away safe, "So what is our first stop on our adventures today? I know I have to make a personal stop to an old friend for some new clothes at some point soon if I want them to be ready."

Solveig smiles at her future husband as he stands up. She had been nervous about writing to nobles, but as her soon to be sister had said, this was something she needed to learn and get used to.
“Well, we need to speak with Cassiopeia about doing a performance. We need to arrange for a cake and music for after the ceremony. We need to speak with Jinn about the actual ceremony and we need to secure security.... it is the Lux after all.”
She grimaces as she thinks about all that needs to be done. She still had to get fitted for that damn dress.....

Illandra looks at house Therions current abode in the Lux, her ears ringing ever so slightly - as if someone was talking about her. She walks up to the door, hesitantly.

She raises her hand to knock, but stills, listing for voices, before mumbling under her breath and knocking thrice upon the door.

Solveig turns to the door at the sound of three knocks. She sticks her tongue out at Sarryn playfully and opens the door.
“Illandra! We were just talking about you! Come to do some planning for the wedding?” Solveig asks cheerfully as she steps back to welcome Illandra in.

Illandra smiles and nods, quickly entering so Solveig can shut the door.

"Indeed! Thought I could be of some help...plus, I wanted to make sure as few "faux Pas" occur as possible. I just saw your open invitation to the wedding for all of the lux...and I know of Dams invitation...but who else have you invited? Specifically nobles, or people of interest?"

Illandra smiles at Sarryn before looking around, awaiting a reply.

Solveig retrieves the list of nobles off of the table. She passes it to Illandra and then motions for her to sit at the table.
“May I offer you a coffee? Or something else to drink?”
She curses loudly as she drops a plate.
“Ummmm well, f&$@! Uhhhh that’s the list of nobles we are inviting and I was planning on handing out some personally in the Lux before the wedding.”
She blushes deep red.

Illandra raises her brow, looking at Solveig with slight curiosity before letting it be and sitting at the table looking over the names.

"I am fine, Solveig. Thank you for the courtesy though." Her finger traces the names one by one until she gets to the final listed name. "Would you mind terribly if I offered some...." she pauses, before emphasizing her next word "suggestions Of additional names to add to this list? It is a good start, but there are certainly more names that should be added as not to offend..." she trails off, adding a smile to hopefully calm Solveig somewhat.

Solveig mutters swears under her breath as she picks up pieces of the broken plate. Then stops, realizing that that kind of language was more appropriate at the barracks, not in the presence of a lady.
She takes a deep breath and stands up.
“Yes, please, please please help. I don’t even know who any of those people are, let alone who else to invite. That is just the list that Sarryn gave me. I don’t know where to start, what to do or who to send word to....”
She starts pacing back and forth, frantically babbling in a panic.
“I have to figure out food and music, thankfully not drinks because you’re amazing.... thank you. It means so much.... and they are making me wear a dress.... I don’t even know how to wear one! Where do my swords go? And my tools? How do I take a proper stance to shoot my bow!?!?!?”
She stops suddenly as she realizes she is having a very outward breakdown in front of her betrothed and her future sister in law.
“Help...” she says quietly before continuing to pace.

Illandra nods, pulling a piece of paper from her note book, and fishing out a pencil from her bag.

"Sit down Solveig. Take a breath. This is what sisters do. Anything you need, just ask. Perhaps make a list of what needs doing or things you need help figuring out and we will go over it later. I may not be able to help with everything but I hope I can be relied upon."

Illandra starts scrawling names upon the new sheet.

Archmage Az'Caine
Lady Zanthia
Count Wheatley
Dutchess Victor--

Illandra pauses mid name. "Solveig, have you had any influential people help you out at all?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back