Wedding time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solveig sits down slowly.
“Well, Elspeth has definitely been a big help..... I mean, what defines a person of influence? What level of people are we talking here? Evo? Jinn? Ruki? You?”
She lets out a sigh.
“I’m sorry, this is all very new to me. Thank you for helping.”

“I thought about Archmage Az’caine and Lady Zanthia, and the Grand Duchess but Count Wheatley actually didn’t cross my mind... it’s been too many years not seeing him around...” looking at Solveig and her minor breakdown “we will work on the food and music together and I wouldn’t worry too much about your weapons there is always a way to wear them, as for your shooting stance if you have time you can see how it flows and feels before the wedding day and for your tools I don’t think you will need them. I don’t think anything will be trapped and if it is there are enough people around to deal with it.” Pausing for a second “Oh on that note we should invite Jaxx as well, there are probably more I’m forgetting but we can work on that” filling up Solveig’s cup with more coffee and kissing the top of her head “I will make some more coffee and find some snacks while we work on this, anything else anyone needs while I am up?”

Solveig takes a deep breath and sits down at the table.
“More coffee would be nice my love.... ok so I will write letters to the others. Any more suggestions Illandra?”
Solveig writes out more letters as she waits for Illandras response.

"Yes, I was referring to more like Elspeth. Nobles, or perhaps high ranking officials like in the home guard or other guilds. We dont want to insult anyone by inviting others who have helped, but not all."

At the mention of snacks, Illandras stomach rumbles. A slight flush rises to her cheeks. "Snacks would be welcome..."

Solveig nods as Illandra speaks.
“I will write an invitation to each of the guilds, I’m sure my commanding officers would appreciate it. That should cover it.... I think.”
She sighs and leans back, reaching to the counter and grabbing a loaf of bread. She sets it on the table and gets up to retrieve the olive oil.

"That would be most of the people I would think should be invited that haven't already then. What to next?"

Solveig pours some oil into a bowl and then proceeds to rip off a chunk of bread and dip it into the oil.
“Well, I have the entertainment squared away, and the cake so that will be good. I’m getting the dress finished and then we need to figure out if we will have dancing or not. We also need to speak to Jinn about the ceremony, should we send Sarryn to go get him?” She asks before popping the bread into her mouth.

Illandra, seeing Solveig take the first chunk, tentatively takes a piece herself before dipping it into the oil and plopping it into her mouth. Once finished, she nods her head.

"If that's what you'd like to focus on next, by all means. Would you like me to stay?"

“Of course! You are the one that suggested a hand fasting! We are family now, you should definitely be involved. Sarryn would be so kind as to pop over to Jinn’s house and invite him over?”
Solveig smiles over at Illandra. “We will just sit and break bread together, get to know one another even better.”

Pouring new cups of coffee, “Of course I will go and see is Jinn is home and if he has time to come over to talk about the wedding.” Collecting his cloak from the peg by the door and throwing it on “Oh there is one more name we should add to the list... that is if we can find him” pausing for a moment “we should invite Möbius Greyloch he is part of the family”

“Love you too and I’ll see you both soon” Sarryn says as he heads out the door “oh by the way we have some cured meat and cheese if you are looking for a bit more after”

On the way to Calans house he noticed Sarryn heading down the street. It occurred to calan that he hadn’t congratulated Sarryn or Solveig on their pending nuptials. Calan steadied himself best he could on a near by tree.

“Hey Sarryn, congratulations!”

Calan didn’t really wait for a response before heading to the house where Sarryn had just come from. He knocks on the Door, leaning on the railing outside to hold himself up.

Solveig gets up from the table to answer the knock at the door.
“Calan! How are you my friend? Please come in.”
She stands back to let him through the door.

Illandra waves when she sees Calan.

"What type of hand fasting are you two thinking of? Or are you letting Jinn do all the details?" Looking back to Solveig

Calan peers in, and cautiously enters the home. He exaggerates his footing so as not to stumble or fall over.

“Hello” he says slightly louder than he intended. In a quieter voice he continues. “ I was just out and about and wanted to see how things were goin.” He pauses and scratches his beard. “Are you sure you want me playing for your special day? I always feel like I’m a background off in the distance sort of bard.”

Calan returns a wave to lady illandra.

“Calan, you were one of my first friends when I got to the Lux. I mean, we lived together. I would be so honoured to have you play music at our wedding. You are my dear friend, please be a part of this for me.”
Solveig says warmly as she smiles at her dear intoxicated friend.
She turns to Illandra. “We would like to do a traditional handfasting, with the traditional vows, you know, blood of my blood, bone of my bone. Although I would be happy to allow Jinn to add whatever he’d like.”

Calan returns the smile to his friend.

“I’m glad to be a help in any way.” Calan had been making sure to annunciate for hours now but he was especially trying to do so now seeing as he was in the presence of a lady. ‘Always annunciate’ had been one of the few life tips calan could recall his father had given him.

“I am honoured of corse, I just wanted to give you every chaunce to change your mind.” He’d made a small error in speech just then but was confident nobody noticed. He was cool as a chocolate covered ice elemental he thought. Where would the chocolate have come from? he suddenly wondered. A chocolate elemental Perhaps? Shaking his head he chased the thought from his mind.

“How are plans going otherwise?”

Solveig laughs as she fills a cup of coffee and passes it Calan.
“Here Calan, have some coffee... and perhaps some bread as well.
The plans are going very well, I’m still a bit amazed that this is happening.” She laughs as she thinks how fast things have moved

Calan accepts the coffee, he politely takes a sip but crinkles his nose as he does so. Coffee was never a drink he cared for.

“That’s good that the plans are going well.” Calan shrugs “ yeah sure it’s fast, but when it’s right it’s right. I met someone once I feel like I could have married. It ended horribly. Well not really. It’s possible I’ve built the whole thing up in my head larger than it was.” Calan takes another sip before eating some of the offered bread. “ speaking of, do any of you know where I can find some forget me nots?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back