WEEKEND REVIEW: "Fesitval of Crows; 117" (AUGUST 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapaki

Marshal
The Fort's hosting of the military games was a change from the usual, but some things always stay the same...

----

Quick turnaround! Please have IBGAs and MI picks in by SEPTEMBER 9th.

**NPCs - Do not post here. Let us know if you had any highlights or concerns in the NPC FB group. Thanks! **

1. Post your favorite moments
2. Post your less favorite moments (if we don't know, we can not fix)
3. What you would like to see more of
4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character

Posting rules, respect everyone's views, no debates. Everyone sees things differently.
Reviews get you 15 Goblin Stamps, so make sure you tag your review with your name.

As much as it drove my character nuts not to know (OOG and IG) what the entertainment was I think it unfolded in a very interesting way.

I had a great time taking part in the festival.

I really enjoy that we can use diplomacy in some occasions to solve situations. Now we may need to convince other PCs to support us with that as it seems not everyone agrees with using this avenue.

I think my less favorite moment was flying over a bench and partly falling on the floor while the rest of my body was on the bench. Thank you to Gwen and Logan for staying with me to make sure I was alright. I was not sure myself I was alright. Thank you to all of you who took the fact I had some pain and was being cautious. I appreciated your efforts to adapt and ensure that I could still partake in the events. You guys rock

I like that everyone kinda got together during the festival and worked together and the competition was actually positive. I'd like to continue seeing that and maybe PCs we should have some kinda of "team building" efforts like games or training to work together better. PCs do pretty amazing things when they work together.

Bota afraid that he would mess up the entertainment was looking for ways to help his friends. How can he prepare for something he does not know. Maybe if he skipped it, or maybe if he found a replacement it would be better. His team insisted that he was ready t o do it.

Then it started: Scarlet and Jack starts holding their swords in a strange way shaking them right to left. Siegart tells a story that seems to refer to them playing with each others sword.
I should have brought my staff. Maybe they would have wanted to play with my staff. Oh it seems size matters as Siegarts says their swords are the same size. My staff is longer I should have brought my staff. Too late. I'll do my best with that blanket he thinks.

Scarlet and Jack then moves behind the blanket and Siegart talks about them being intimate. Oh is this the sex people keep talking about. It seems it may be a part of it at least. Lets take a look and see what I can learn. That is so strange. Then Siegart says he is now a dragon and runs after Jack and Scarlet. Should I also run away? I don't know. Am I suppose to do something about that? I don't understand what is happening. The audience seems to like it. I suppose that is what is important.

The next day Marquis Xerxes mentioned that Bota played a major role in the Jade Dojo winning the entertainment. How could that be?
I still don't understand what this was all about and what part I played in that presentation.
His friends seems happy and that is really what he was concerned about, so everything is alright then.

Last edited:
New Player's Perspective! Let's go!

I loved the festival! Having a schedule meant I was never bored, and it also meant lots of PC's met Damien and saw what s/he can do. I got the purest fun out of fighting because it gave me and Damien much needed practice without the consequences of dying. And I really enjoyed seeing some surprised and delighted expressions when some people had to go toe to toe with me. I'm obviously not the greatest fighter, but it was a relief to know I have what it takes to be a good fighter. The biggest reward was having people come up and compliment me/Damien on our fighting ability.

Damien being invited into the Home guard by Hamish himself, after s/he saw him being knighted was also pretty awesome.

I absolutely loved the low level mod involving the rats! It felt great to have something for us newbies to do! I really appreciated that!

I know night fighting is supposed to be intense and scary, and that some people like that, but it is frighting and confusing as a new person! A little warning OOG or IG would have done me a lot of good. I figured out in the end to stick in groups, have light or stay in the cabin, but when you just roll in, and you don't have a light and you don't know friend from foe and you don't know where anything is in the dark, it's less "frighting in cool game way" and more "Either a demi-lich or a misstep are going to kill me tonight," Future new players deserve a warning from someone to "stay by the fire at night, don't go out there alone, stay in your cabin unless you're looking for trouble".

Also, as fun as the Festival was, the scheduling was brutal when we had to run from capture the flag to the 3 vs 3, or from the obstacle course to the 3 vs 3. I know time is tight, but 15 minutes between events would at least give people time to travel, hydrate, take a leak and catch their breath. I was getting concerned with people not drinking enough because they were either busy or super exhausted.

More RPing! I didn't get much of a chance to roleplay this event with the festival happening. I look forward to doing that this coming event!

These people were crazy. That was the only logical explanation. Demi-liches in the commons, Assassins skipping through the streets at night killing people left and right, others running after dark unicorns to help good unicorns and discoursing with clockwork dragons! Not to mention the crazy howling elves for neighbours. Yep, Fort Shaundalar had to be where all the crazies migrated, as if pulled in by some crazy-person beacon! (And lets be honest, maybe there is such a thing kicking around when it's perfectly normal for these people to have a glowing portal gem... thingy.)

Yep, Damien thought, these people were 100%, bonafide CRAZY!

"Team Bacon versus Team Dojo!" roared some important guy with a mane of red hair like a lion. Damien fumbled to get her sword out for the match and grinned. They were all crazier than the sun at night, and she couldn't wait to stand shoulder to shoulder with them as an equal in this whole crazy fight!

Being pulled deeper into RP by Bota each of the several times he approached Iswada to discussed the events and how we should respond. Outstanding!
Discussing the fact that the Earth Circle is so much better than the Celestial with Shiv.

Subtact any one of the three times I was on the kitchen clean up would have made me a happier camper.
Having someone from the cooking/prep crew come into the tavern and get two different volunteers after each meal is what usually happens but not this weekend.

Passing even near the fire pit without being pulled completely out of game is a challenge. Too many headbands, too many OOG conversations.

The mix of scheduled events that the PC are aware of, along with spontaneous wild runs and mods was excellent. Keeping a bit of that mix for non F0C events would be outstanding!

4. Give us a moment from the perspective of your character.

Smiling at Shiv, Isawda asks "The Master of which guild paid a Necromancer to bring undead into the City?" In the silence, Isawda answers his own question "The Celestial.".
"Masters died in defeating that thread, from which circle did they come?" Again there is silence that he fills with his own answer. "Only the Earth Circle Masters sacrificed themselves."
With sadness replacing this smile he ask his final question. "So why is it that the Earth Circle is the one accused of being the Necromancy threat?" Into that silence no answer is offered.

-50 SLAY!
-The night-time battle with the rituals was a lot of fun but...(more in #2)
-Winning entertainment for a second year in a row.
-Having Rachel come out finally and having a good time and fitting in!
-The whole demi-lich mod was wonderful and spooky. The fact we were defeated by pens...
-Capture the flag was fun, but could use tweaks
-As fun as the FoC is, I'm glad it is taking a break. I personally feel it should be an every two or three year event
-

- ...after the ritual was cast, the PCs were kinda just sitting around for 20 minutes waiting for the other two rituals to go off.
-Having smaller teams for the FoC would be better...that way you get a more even spread of skill and such.
-I expected it, but I wasn't a fan at the lack of lairs and such...but that is the nature of the festival

-More larger scale battles (assuming we have the NPCs to do so)
-More night-time assassins...make people cautious when walking alone.

"Voice Radius: Confine," the demi-lich shouted.

Ruki was stuck in place...his allies nowhere to be seen. Would this be the end of him? He heard someone or something coming up from behind him, but he could not turn to see whether it was friend or foe. And then suddenly, a dark arm wrapped itself around Ruki's chest and a voice from behind shouted: "WHY DIDN'T YOU LOOK FOR ME?!"

It was his friend Bara...or at least, a part of him...the one he was here to save. He couldn't leave him here any longer...

Rogues gallery. I had a lot of fun there.
having my racial tokens this month was nice.

not coming in last place with our rag tag, last minute team

I don't really have anything to complain about this month.

fun

warthorn thinking to himself - "It feels really good to have the permanent damage from going to the dark reaches healed."
sarryn - "Who is coming with us to the dark reaches?"
warthorn - "I'll go"

1. A lot to choose from. There was so much going on I think I had about fifteen minutes of down time because I basically wandered off into the woods alone. I think capture the flag in all honesty, which is weird because I typically loathe the game and we got to be the bug testers. Having said that our opponents gave us hell and made it an engaging fight at the very least, something that made it much more enjoyable.

2. That said, that was a bastard of a location to fight in, especialy after we found out how much of a nightmare doimg anything but trying to barrel through the other team was, and it turned into kust that by the end.

3. Can't actually think of anything.

4. He could feel the air thrum as the arrows flitted among them, the shouting of the unspoken behind their barrier slowly damaging his calm, and the stress of knowing that they were likely trying to find a way around even now wasn't helping. His control slipped and he shouted an obscenity in tje direction of the elves. An arrow promptly landed at his feet, close enough to his boot that he felt the impact through the ground.

He decided to take a few steps back after all. Moonlighting as a pincushion seemed like a bad idea.

I loved the flow of the festival. It seemed there was always something going on.
The capture the flag looked like it could get dangerous in the area it was held. It's a great game but needs a better location.
Not sure

Getting ready to cast his first ritual in front of the nobles Cato is panicking a little...Looking up at his competition he see Bara is freaking out. He then throws a death at Siegert...What is going on??? After that he starts throwing spells at everyone. Wow the nerves just went away...... I guess as long as I don't screw this up I've got this competition..........

There's quite a few!

I really like the pace of FoC this year. There was some downtime and the planning went well. I didnt feel like I was rushed as much as last year.
Also, I didnt really feel the pressure of being the best this year. It was more like go with the flow and have fun!
I also am a fan of the Obstacle Course (thanks Bryan!) and Capture the Flag
....(I actually won something this year! Yay! ^.^)
Seeing Bota interact with Xamot and Sarryn as he has the disdain for those that went on that particular mod. That was great RP :)
The Entertainment with rendition of Xamot and Stig's bromance. Well done! Definitely lots of laughs
Getting druuuuuuuunk off the ale after the Archery competition. That was fun, even though it looks like Arlyne cant handle the ale that well haha. Thank you Helena, for helping me through that
Fighting under the moonlight with the rituals that needed to be casted . It was just as the moon was rising, it was really cool just seeing the fighting and running around
Yes, the 50 Slay! (Did I hit anyone? --NO--*pause*--50 SLAY!)

If Capture the Flag would be moved to a different place that would be great :)

I know RP is always a topic, but I would like to see myself with more RP. Its something I am not really strong at, but I do want to push myself more.

I am going to give a couple :)

Arlyne excuses herself from her chat with Illandra as Iswada enters the Tavern saying, "We need people out there..." Arlyne nods and exits only to be welcomed by shrieks and screams in the dark.
"What the hell?..." She thinks to herself as she moves to the fire, looking around. Suddenly, Bogart & Kadira emerge from the darkness, their eyes wide with fear.
"What happened?" Arlyne asks as the two sit down, their stares fixated on the fire. "Those eyes.."Bogart replies, his hands gripping his shield, gently rocking back and forth "They were...horrible...green eyes..."
"It was terrible..." Kadira says, eyes still on the fire, then just as quickly says, "Please dont leave us." Arlyne nods, her hand moving to her sword, now scanning the darkness. She hears the screams from a distance away, then a crash nearby. Immediately Arlyne takes out her sword "Who's there?" she demanded.
"Just Warthorn" the darkness answers back.
"Are you affected as well?"
"Yah."
...."This is going to be a long night...." Arlyne thinks to herself as she sheaths her sword and moves to Warthorn.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"What is your greatest achievement?" The Unicorn asks, her head tilts to the side, inquisitive.
"It would be helping out everyone, and being part of something that is geared for the great of good. Being in Sanctum has helped me alot."

..."And your greatest fear?"
Arlyne hesitates.
"It would be running from something that I am not guilty of. I am afraid that if I go back, more people that I love will get hurt; and I dont want that." Her eyes move to the Unicorn and sees a tear streaming down her face. "The Truth shall set you free; you will find peace...." Arlyne bows. "Thank you" she says and moves to sit on the grass beside Ruki to contemplate.
"How did it go?" He asks. Arlyne nods. "Good." She says, her thoughts trailing "Real Good."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back