Weird Creatures near a cave mouth

Yeah big words from someone who's killed another adventurer! The day you see me fighting for or besides a gypsie scumbucket is gunna be a warm day in the wastes.

GFW doesnt want their kind here or the people that support em.!

Josh Tatcher

That a Boy Josh! you show em! Your father'd be proud boy your doing a good thing for wayside!

Bill Cutler
Farmer and GFW!

*sigh* Bill are ya serious! dont ya remember the Green Bugs last year or the winter that wouldnt end? These peoples faught for us they sheltered us and with efframs guidance heck they fed us.... how can you say that?

I know for a fact a Gypsie, wether I like em or not, fought and killed the Icebeast that took three of your steers last year, that has to count for somethin no?

Billy Ray Gepsum

Actually, Elle, it has always made me curious what would happen if all the adventurers decided to take a market day to sit in the tavern and complain about each other rather than takin' care of the assorted annoyances that pop up around Briarpass.

Might be enlightenin'.

-Padraig

Wraith said:
Actually, Elle, it has always made me curious what would happen if all the adventurers decided to take a market day to sit in the tavern and complain about each other rather than takin' care of the assorted annoyances that pop up around Briarpass.

Might be enlightenin'.

-Padraig

Could only end in tears, Padraig, I t'ink.

Is why we be adventurers, nye? Certes, we have our own personal problems, goals n' such, but if dhat is all we wanna do, dhen we would hardly ever end up at a market day.

I sometimes like Ark's idea dhat adventurers are less dhan people. Keeps us nice n' humble, I t'ink. :lol:

Besides, I don' t'ink dhat many of us could sit and hear screams and cries for help outside and ignore dhem.

~Marcey

Squire Zanabanath - The Emerald Archer and his band have openly declared themselves brigands. They have robbed and attacked not only officers entrusted with keeping the peace but merchants who are just plying their trade, and have taken as their goal overthrow of the popularly supported government. They cited the plight of the people as their motivation, and for that I have respect, but that does not sanction a haphazard, armed insurrection. Civil war is no solution.

Assume they succeed, Regent Buchanon is ousted, killed, or exiled. What then? Will a ragtag band of guerillas, farmers, and soldiers be able to rebuild the provinces the Regent oversees? How will they react when the rest of Wayside responds to their attack with their own forces? How do they fight Arbor? When all supplies from all the Guilds are routed out of Buckland and New Buckland, how will the people fare? Who will protect them from external threats, pirates, profiteers, other internally developed "freedom forces"? Who will regulate trade, ensure the roads are kept clear, clean, safe, and in repair? Who will safeguard those who can't protect themselves?

If the Emerald Archer can somehow overcome all these obstacles and creates a sovereign nation - as I would have to believe Arbor would never allow one of their Regents to be so violently exiled without summary expulsion of the rebellious state - how would this new kingdom fare? How will the rest of Wayside live when such a strategically important region secedes? Suddenly, the entire center of the continent is teetering and predicated on the actions of a brigand. How will Wayside survive such an obvious blow to their sovereignty? How will Terna survive such a power vaccum?

The Emerald Archer is a traitor. Not only our Regent but the council of Regents and the entirety of the Guildmasters have called for his removal. Would you so blithely disobey an order from King Daefell? Would you so easily support a man looking to overthrow him? His Dukes? His soldiers?

If his claims are legitimate, they would not fall on deaf ears. In Briarpass alone, there are scores who would flock to his support in the Council Chambers. If a Regent is acting inappropriately, there are structures and resources in place to right the wrongs. Wayside has survived other such impediments without a coup d'etat.

I have outlined, briefly, my rejection of his acts. Squire, how do you defend him and his actions?

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

I apologise Padraig, It is not my place to say such things. I am to fight and protect those who are helpless, and I shall not put my self ahead of those I am supposed protect no matter what others think of me. I don't care what they think, I am a Squire and it is my duty to protect the people and the balance.

May the clouds that roll in be your protection,
Elle

Mobius said:
Would you so blithely disobey an order from King Daefell? Would you so easily support a man looking to overthrow him? His Dukes? His soldiers?

Yes if I see it right. I do not blindly follow orders just because someone says they have the authority to deem it so.

My king expects me not to blindly follow orders and that is why I am his squire.

Togashin Zanabanath
Squire to the King of Valdanis

What's important here? Young Dweller is safe, we don't know for sure what he came upon, and who saved him nor their reasons for doing so. Tom, may I and a friend stop by to see how your family is doing, and how we may help?

- Millie

This is too much. I don't speak here often because talking is usually a waste of time but, this is too much. Master Dramthin Hartsboon, you have no idea what you're talking about. You sleep in your bed, comfortable, happy, well-fed, with a pantry full of food and a stable full of horses and you've got the stones to tell ME about the law! You Masters are all alike. You're more than happy to talk about justice and the Guilds when you get meat and wine at every meal. You don't take a second to think of where that food comes from, how much blood is mixed into that wine.

I've talked with Arbor, boy. I've talked with the Guilds, the Masters, the Regents, every merchant from here to chaos come and you know what I've found out? They don't care. As long as they've got their blood wine to drink, they don't give two tugs about the rest of us.

Call me whatever you want. Call me brigand, thief, traitor, call me evil. Tell me you've seen the evils of chaos or undead or elemental or whatever you Masters shiver about at night while snuggled under your down comforters. Lecture me about the evils of sedition or the evils of rebellion. But I tell you, boy, the only evil I've seen is a six year old girl crying for milk while her mother rots in a slaver's hold and her father is publicly lashed for his debts. Evil is the taxman taking a family's last palsied plow-horse while chiding them for being late in their payments. Evil is the hypocrites in Arbor sending butchers dressed in uniforms to break up a food riot with poisoned arrows while saying they're protecting the peace.

You know nothing, Master. What I do, I do for my family, my friends, and my children. If it makes you feel better to call me a traitor, fine. But, in the end, I and all those who fight with me are willing to die to rebuild our families. We will shatter our spirits to the last to put milk on the table for our girls. Will you fight so hard for your blood wine?

The Emerald Archer

Tom O'dweller,

My name is Cerria and I would be happy to check on this....wolf creature that your son has seen, regaurdless of the bickering that the other townsfolk are doing. I could meet up with you and your son in a few days.

Cerria

Then you can come with me upon your arrival on marketday, Cerria?

Sure I will meet with you as soon as I am in the area, Millie. It's been a while since I have seen you. It will be good to catch up on our path to this investigation of the cave.

Cerria

Girls, Boys, Millie,

My boy is fine if not a bit sore, Brother Cole marched through here yesterday and is checking out the place as we speak speak to him im sure he'll ask for help finding the rabid wolf that attacked my boy. Of course, two ladies like you can always make housecalls on a young strapping lad like him. It would indeed cheer him up. How bout sometime this saturday morning after breakfast? It does get dark pretty early still and we need to be up and at them early of course.

I thank you all for your care and wishes for my sons health. regardless of all the other disagreements, I know I'm not the only commoner who apreciates what this town does for us, even if sometimes life is made a bit more interesting by your passing wake.

Tom O'dweller

Back