What chapters are what

Several times people say there in this place and that and its almsot impossible for a newbie to know what lands there talking about.
would one of the older more wise players be so kind as to post a list of the chapters and what the area is called?

example through trila and error I found out that One of the Ohio lands is Ironton what are the others?

thanks

FW

Frank,

I just go on the boards and check out the IG sections of each chapter and see what is mentioned there. Also, most of the websites have an IG section so you can check it out by going to the chapter list on the alliancelarp.com website. This could represent your character IG doing research.

Also, you can always ask IG in the Fortannis section what each lands names are. You will probably get a better response there whereas here you may be FOIG'd.

- J

I understand that some things have to be learned in game some things should be comon knowladge
most of the sties dont list anywhere handy what the place name or names are.
i had hoped that I could get a quick list here.

most of the sites aren't organised that way. I have been playing for 10 years and i don't know what chapters are what and have never had to know as I only play one and for whatever reason, it's never really come up for my character.

i don't see why all of the lands in the mist should be common knowledge anyway. considering if someone opens a new chapter technically then that would be some new land in the mist and again, not common knowledge IG.

It's just a matter of asking around IG Frank. In HQ you can learn alot from their newsletters & players guide, while in NJ you can learn a lot of info as it's posted on the Online Adventurers companion. The way I like to do it is just go to the games if you can do so. I rarely do much RP online or posting as my characters. I like to learn my stuff while at the game or with plot responses it, this kind of forces me to seek out the sagely players and ask questions if I happen to miss something.

Justin H-

Except that there is no map that shows all the continents. Nobody knows where they are in relation to each other. They're separated by unchartable mists, not oceans.

There are maps of the lands of various chapters though. There are several maps in the Ashbury player's guide

There are some people who have played out trying to figure out where all the lands are by charting the stars and constellations to see if a relationship couls be figured out IG. I believe Lauroc/Pete had quite a big cross chapter effort going a while ago.

But, for Frank, here are the IG names for chapters in PA and points east ans north from there. This doesn't mean you've heard of them IG, it just relates a real world location on where the events are being held. Those farther away can chime in if they are willing.

HQ - Kingdom of Icenia, Duchy of Ashbury, continent of Tar Navaria
NJ - Kingdom of Arandin, continent of Moria
CT - Kingdom of Caldaria
NH - formerly Kingdom(?) of Syraandor, now Deadlands (FOIG for reasons why)

These are the names for where the majority of events take place in those chapters. Occasionally there will be action concentrated in other areas. HQ has had several events on the island of Synvia, for example.

I can add a few more to that list.

MN - Albor
CH - Wayside

Fynwei said:
wouldn't a map be nice?

No, not really, if we want plot teams to not be burdened by having to coordinate all that geography, trade, and politics on a national level.

More to the point, where is my Colorado chapter? I'm too busy prosecuting the Global War on Terror to start it myself! Help a brutha out!

poolboy said:
More to the point, where is my Colorado chapter? I'm too busy prosecuting the Global War on Terror to start it myself! Help a brutha out!

How about a military chapter....it changes locations when you do......

Gilwing said:
poolboy said:

I know there are navy ships full of D&D players and have sold Magic cards to service people shipping them out
I thought it would be cool if the Army guys overseas started a chapter and had events for each outher.
dont know how ruff it would be in the mega heat of Iraq but if they can they should!

FW

Frank Wiccan said:
Gilwing said:
poolboy said:

I know there are navy ships full of D&D players and have sold Magic cards to service people shipping them out
I thought it would be cool if the Army guys overseas started a chapter and had events for each outher.
dont know how ruff it would be in the mega heat of Iraq but if they can they should!

FW

What about buying and Aircraft carrier and running LARP cruises? The length of the cruise is the length of the event. I hear that's the second phase of Faireplay's business plan, after they finish the current site. ;)

Gilwing said:
poolboy said:

Heh, not so much. Remember, guys, I go to units that are busy prosecuting the GWOT with extreme prejudice. Assuming we had time to game here, the demographic is waaaaaay more the guys who made fun of LARPers than LARPers themselves. We seek out fellow gamers using cryptic references and then game under the utmost discretion.

Such is the life of a geek when he is surrounded by Type A personalitied Green Berets and Paratroopers.

Now, when I come home, I am free to sneak off to Denver and LARP my little butt off. I even played a few CAMARILLA games before this deployment. That's how hard up I was. There's got to be someone who knows a NERO ex-pat in the Denver area!!!!

poolboy said:
Gilwing said:
poolboy said:

Heh, not so much. Remember, guys, I go to units that are busy prosecuting the GWOT with extreme prejudice. Assuming we had time to game here, the demographic is waaaaaay more the guys who made fun of LARPers than LARPers themselves. We seek out fellow gamers using cryptic references and then game under the utmost discretion.

Such is the life of a geek when he is surrounded by Type A personalitied Green Berets and Paratroopers.

Now, when I come home, I am free to sneak off to Denver and LARP my little butt off. I even played a few CAMARILLA games before this deployment. That's how hard up I was. There's got to be someone who knows a NERO ex-pat in the Denver area!!!!

Did you ever play in any of Carol's games in Denver? Have you ever been to BenCon?

Back