What do I need to know?

Saro

Artisan
Hello! My name is Saro. I have met some of you before. I am making my way to wayside for the first time and I am just curious about I should know. Like Ive heard about Kazzik. And he's a dream Mage? And something about bliss? I feel like bliss would be a good thing. Even if it's fake maybe it would be nice to be happy and not in constant fear of being murderfaced by mysterious night things. But I guess if you weren't afraid by mysterious night things they would murderface you. Also I have not heard of a dream Mage before. Are we sure it's a real thing?
Also, is Kazzik as mean as Bleak? And will he mess with my emotions as much? Because watching Bleak slowly turn into Bleak really rattled me. Aidon seemed like he could have been a good guy...
Do I need to bring a jack-o-lantern? Those are made out of pumpkins right? Or is it watermelon? It's not a custom I am very familiar with.
Do you have a place to have a bonfire? I would love to put one on to celebrate if we defeat Kazzik. As I have been trying to have one for very many months now. I have very many marshmallows. I have a few intoxicates.

With Love,
Saro
First Knight of Zhool
Nefarious Queen
Heroes of the Haven

Saro,

Though I can't give all the information for which you ask I will tell you what I know. The Bliss is not a good thing nor will be; as it is a fabricated emotion, that puts everyone in danger. Buildings burn and innocent lives are put in danger because they just suddenly are in a "happy" place. Now I have no idea what you mean by dream mage but the creature that calls itself Kaz'ik has power and control in the dream. H e has been able to pull people into nightmares from within blissful rests areas. As a matter of fact we will be going to the plane of the dream in order to fight. I am sorry to hear that you were rattled by your last battle, I fear for other reasons this battle will be no better just a different scare to deal with. Jack-o-lanterns are made from pumpkins, it won't hurt if you bring one that you can hold in a hand but because the fey are gone there is a strong chance that the ability of the Jack-O-Lanterns may as well be gone. There are plenty of places for a bonfire in town, if the time can be made I think all would benefit from one after the defeat of kaz'ik.

I hope what I have shared helps. If you wish to speak more, I keep a close eye on Dream and should be easy enough to find at market(Just look for someone in mostly blue colors and a large shield with a pair of lions and the recast of the azure keep on it.) I look forward to meeting you in person, see you in 4 days.

May the best of days be upon you in all matters that you must attend to.

-Apprentice Taliss
Apprentice Guardian of the Light
Defender of Azure Keep

Saro,

I can answer any questions you still have after Apprentice Taliss's summation, either privately or publicly - your choice. I have much experience with dream magic, both here in Terna as well as in Gaden, and I have been working to thwart Kazzik since the first time he offered us his bliss.

Eric Marsters

Just go ahead and answer her questions out here, Eric! That way, other people that don't know but are too shy to ask also get to learn the stuff they need to know about Kaz'ik! Apparently, a lot of folks in town aren't super in-the-know about Kaz'ik, so it'd be really good to get that information out there as much as we can before the big day! The more folks know, the better the shot we've got!

~ Silp

Silp,

I'm more than happy to answer any questions she, or anyone else has, on Kaz'ik, or any other topic... I have nothing to hide. I offered in private only if that's what she prefers. Sometimes, I've found, people don't want everyone to know what topics they are ignorant on.

Eric

I'll add what I know here, although I've largely relied on our good knight to deal the primary concerns.

First Kaz'ik, has been a threat a long time coming, I personally encounter one of his many attempts to break into this plane when I confiscated his dragon head staff, again when the hags attempted to summon him. Kaz'ik does not prey, or attempt to invoke fear, instead he offers you your heart's desire to allow, and help him, bring about bliss. This will indeed make you happy for a short time, until your spirit is consumed by the magics and the world is lost, but it is not something to be desired.

Kaz'ik is a creature of dreams and nightmares that looks like a fairly handsome young man, he prefers the color purple and has impeccable manners in most things. He depends, or depended on a number of enslaved minions which have been dealt with, but still has various elementals that can gain strength by consuming your dreams.

Fighting Kaz'ik, and his minions you can expect primarily commands, especially sleep, he seems to be harmed by awakening magics. His minions have been seen to use sleep, fear, terror, death, and alteration effects such as vertigo.

The plan in an overarching sense is to break into the dream realm, from there we will rescue who we can while searching for a dream haven to make our assault from. I expect we'll need to take a number of activities on from the Haven before confronting Kaz'ik himself, both to weaken him, and save as many as we can. The fight itself will surely be difficult with challenges we can't forsee completely, but once he is weakened enough, he will be imprisoned with in celestial magic, that prison will be extended and then twelve brave volunteers will each give up a piece of their spirit, similar to a resurrection, to serve as the catalyst to lock him away forever.

My own group will be participating with everything we can bring to the table, I myself expect to be heading up triage, and serving to reinforce areas with my magics as necessary. Our squires have been working with Sir Siril to devise a battle strategy and I have left it to them to do so, because the squires within our group include our most effective strategist. I am sure more specific instructions will be forth coming, but in the end I expect that many of our preparations will have to be changed on contact with the enemy as we simply cannot have enough information at this time to know exactly what our situation will be.

-Lord Barrister Enan Bluewater

So he's not a dream Mage and dream mages aren't real things, right?

Saro

Saro,

How do you define a "dream mage"? It might be better to start there.

Eric

A Mage I guess is someone who has control of something in a magical way. Like for example I have met people who are void mages and they cast void and manipulate it. I have also heard of a time Mage and I think I know a dragon Mage but that's speculation

Saro

Last edited:
Most of them left when Kaz'ik showed up, and they will return when hes gone.

Asura

Fey are always trouble anyhow. One married my friend Kai to goat and now he rides in her bosom and she introduces him to everyone new like an idiot. Guess it was a good deal for the goat though.

Saro

The fey and dragons have a non-interference pact with Kaz'ik. The fey and dragons had to leave for a year, and could not interfere with Kaz'ik, and Kaz'ik would only enslave the one dragon (Big Red).

Dream mages exist. Kaz'ik can manipulate dreams. So can I, to a much more limited extent. I've used my abilities to this point to create protections for the adventurers, by using my spirit to protect a section of the Dreaming in both Gaden and Terna from others' prying ears and minds. I hope to do more in the coming battle to aid the fight against Kaz'ik.

Dragon mages also exist. A dragon mage can cast dragon magic from memory as if it were a battle magic spell. If you hear one beginning the long incantation to cast dragon magic, be sure you have a spell shield, or be nimble enough to dodge. I've done this a few times, at a great strain on my spirit.

Eric

Lord Bluewater,

Thank you for the information on Ka'zik and the situation at hand, I only had a little bit of foreknowledge that I was able to gain at the last gathering.

Corbell

Back