What do our players really want? Let's ask them, all of them

Re: What do our players really want? Let's ask them, all of

Just wanted to let people know that we seem to have enough feedback here and via other communications to get started.

If you have exp doing survey research and want to help please PM me.

Thanks,
Gary

I would like a national database asap.

I just went this whole season chapter hopping between 3 places, and my build never gets spent properly. I am missing build. Essentially my money is going out the window. Alliance is my favorite hobby with my favorite people. I simply cannot afford to play this game anymore if this keeps happening. I would only NPC, and that's cool, but I love the PC game the most.

Thank you.

Extremely frustrated at character transfers,

Justin Coggin

A few tips on how I try to keep my character up to date with much chapter hopping and without throwing around accusations at various chapters sucking...

The only way I've managed to keep on top of making sure my character was actually up to date is to keep a personal record I actively update. I have my own file with the xp and build my character should have (having build a chart based off the xp per BP list that is in the rulebook). I'd be happy to share that with folks, just PM me your email address and I could send it over.

I also usually asked to be -cc'ed on all my character transfer emails and whatnot. I know logistics people work hard but if you can, always always bring a printout of a transfer email and the character card that was sent. This way if they don't have your current card you have 'receipts' if you will that show what xp, bp, and skills you should be updated to. Especially if you are chapter hopping between 3 or more different places you basically have to do this to keep things strait or stuff will get missed. The current system really leaves it up to the player more than the logistics to make sure their card actually gets updated properly.

For example at the CT event last weekend NH logistics -cc'ed me on the transfer email with my character that was actually up to date. I had been sending a number of emails back and forth in the couple weeks prior with NH and a couple other places to make sure NH (which is where my character is logistically 'homed' and maintained) had my character up to date. I printed that transfer email copy of my card and brought it with me to the event. It was a good thing or I also would have been missing 5-6 levels of build. (The last time I played CT before that was almost a year ago and they didn't have the updated version of my card for whatever reason.)

I know its a pain to deal with the system we currently have, but its important to keep in mind that its not the logistics people's fault that our system works the way it currently does. Our system basically boils down to everyone's build/xp/skills being individually maintained 'by hand' on an electronic ledger. Considering the age we live in this is shockingly inefficient but it's what we have to deal with. Lets just try not to blame each other/get annoyed with each other when really its the system that makes it hard for everyone.

Sorry to hear about the last weekend Justin having build and skills missing sucks. :(

I appreciate your feedback David, and I would love to take a look at the chart you've built!

Tetsu said:
I would like a national database asap.

I just went this whole season chapter hopping between 3 places, and my build never gets spent properly. I am missing build. Essentially my money is going out the window. Alliance is my favorite hobby with my favorite people. I simply cannot afford to play this game anymore if this keeps happening. I would only NPC, and that's cool, but I love the PC game the most.

Thank you.

Extremely frustrated at character transfers,

Justin Coggin

You may want to elevate this to the ALC, if its become as serious an issue for you as it seems.

Justin, I would also specifically check first with your home chapter (where your character with the build is kept) to see if THEY have a correct copy of your character and CT just didn't get/update from a transfer. Because I know that happened with me, but fortunately I had brought a printout of my transfer so Jessie updated his DB to reflect that and I had my correct card.

One of the things I know Jesse has been working on is building an online data base that any chapter's logistics can access. I think it's a great idea and would be happy to contribute to it being built.

I wouldn't expect any online database in the near future, it takes ALOT of time to get this setup, but it is something being worked on. Justin, as David said contact your home chapter verify with them they have everything correct. If you run in to any problems I'm always available to assist ( Alteredd@gmail.com )

I would also suggest keeping your character cards from the events as they are a receipt of sorts showing you've attended an event. When you show up at another chapter and they have your character wrong show them one from the last event they add a weekend on to it and you should be set.

Matt
Alliance Logistics

I appreciate the help and suggestions, guys. Thank you!

Back