What kind of world do you want?

Yeah, a psychoanalysis of a fictional character can go into it's own thread. Update wise, the boys are progressing so fast, it's like a snowball. 1 word... 4 words... 20 words... now we've lost count. Plus we're getting 2 word phrases (red boat, blue car, hi daddy, me down. even a few 3 words- ready set go!) and they can answer some yes and no questions. Never give up hope. My boys went from "little zombies" to "Social Butterflies" in about 1/2 a year, we're even getting ready to start preschool (a normal one, not a specialized program.) Good luck and best wishes to all of you. I'll be thinking of you.

-MIke

It wasn't a psychoanalysis. It was really about how ignorant people have asked me if I was like Rainman when I told them I was autistic when it's very obvious I am not.

Ah! I should really read more thoroughly! Your boys are starting school?! How exciting! :D

Congrats! Hope all goes great!

Mike,

That's amazing news. I can't tell you how glad I am to hear about the wonderfull progress . Please keep us updated this is great.

Paul

Is sending people to the video still helpful? I happened to come across an article on traveling with autistic children and thought linking to the vidoeo from my blog might be helpful.

It's been a while, but its about time I put up a lil update here. Everything is going good. Unfortunately, the school we chose didn't work out. The staff wasn't as attentive as they should be and the boys were getting ahold of food they can't have. We're looking at our other options now and hope to have them in back in school by Feb. The boys are making leaps and bounds, and making it tough for their therapists to set goals for them as they keep progressing so fast. We couldn't be happier and we hope other keep plugging away and never give up hope.

For the latest pics/vids and such feel free to visit:

Our Twins

Thank You all,
Mike

Wow he's going to hate you for that toilet one when he's 16 LOL.

It was great finally meeting the little rascals this weekend. Two absolutely awesome little boys!

Long overdue update!

The boys are doing great, the start school in july, at what is called an inclusion class. Basicly it's a classful of "typical" kids, with a handful of "special-needs" students. The teachers we met were awesome, the classrooms seemed fairly well thought out. We're both excited for them to start. Well, my wife moreso then I cause i'm harly ever gonna see em again. Pop em on the bus at 7ish, and they'll get home after i've gone to work and asleep by the time I get home, sigh. I know it's what's best for em, but i'm selfish, lol.

Redcloud said:
Long overdue update!

The boys are doing great, the start school in july, at what is called an inclusion class. Basicly it's a classful of "typical" kids, with a handful of "special-needs" students. The teachers we met were awesome, the classrooms seemed fairly well thought out. We're both excited for them to start. Well, my wife moreso then I cause i'm harly ever gonna see em again. Pop em on the bus at 7ish, and they'll get home after i've gone to work and asleep by the time I get home, sigh. I know it's what's best for em, but i'm selfish, lol.

Thats great bro... Sucks about you not seeing them that much. Same thing happened to me when I was a kid. My dad went to college when I was 5. It seemed like I only seen him on the weekends. Inclusion classes are for the better (my wife tells me).

Inclusion classes that are done well are certainly the best way to go - and it sounds like this school has its act together. Woot!

I know you're sad not to see them as much, but that'll change soon. Wait till you see all the little art projects and stuff they bring home for daddy. ;)

2 days till school and Lil Brendan decides to come down with a 103 degree fever... arghhh... gotta get in into the dr.'s tomorrow.

Let us know how school went...

Redcloud said:
2 days till school and Lil Brendan decides to come down with a 103 degree fever... arghhh... gotta get in into the dr.'s tomorrow.

He's smarter than most of us - he's already figured out how to ditch school!

Well, it's been about 3 weeks and the kids LOVE school and taking the bus. We were a bit apprehensive about the bussing at first but they're doing fine now (We actually followed the bus all the way to school on the first day.) They get a break in august the start again in sept, for a full day program (They get out at 3:30 instead of 1:30). As always you can keep seeing new pics at http://rhiannonstwins.shutterfly.com

Hey Mikey, hows the kids doing in school?

The kids love school so damn much, the actuallt fight to get on the bus in the morning. Connor's got himself a girlfriend, Jasmine, and his favorite thing to do is arts and crafts (which he calls arts and craps). Brendan is all about circle time and singing. All in all we couldn't be happier... except for the string of illnesses they bring home. Ear infections, tonsilitus, coxsackie, pink eye (just to name a few). Yay infectious preschoolers.

Back