What the hell was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*a ripping sound wretches its way through the dream, as the dream itself inkens and glooms. A slight air of fear and torment floods in, as Johnathan's voice can be heard, which is saturated with pain and suffering. His voice flickers like the light of a candle in the wind*

The same could be asked of you... Jarax...

...What business is it of yours what a guildmistress does... when you could be tending to your own responsibilities...

...Besides... ...you cannot expect a guild mistress to run her guild within her dreams... ...can you?

...give her some credit... ...she's on her time off...

*and the dream returns to normal instantly*

Jarax,

Don't worry about Diera, I think she has been a bit put off by me since I threw a dead man's arm at her a few monthes back.

Johnathan,

Sounds like A: You are eating something bad before you sleep at night making you have bad dreams. Or B: The Queen has been talking to you alot. Maybe we should talk in person?

Elendil. We have not met, but I feel I must caution you with regards to angering a man such as Seth... not to mention your guildmaster *and* the mistress of the earth guild.

Seth is not one to be trifled with. He is Man-at-arms to a knight of this realm, and well placed to have the ear of the ducal guard as well, though I have heard tales that there has been a bit of a falling out between himself and others and he tends to run with the gypsies more often these days. I don't think I need to caution you about crossing them?

As to the explosion of light from the stars, I must say that I, too, am anxiously awaiting any announcement from the Magustratum or Shikar's guild regarding the strange events. It was definitely celestial in nature, though I am unfamiliar with anything which could cause such a flash save a very serious backlash.

Rupert Bandenelli

Jarax said:
I'm curious as to why a guild mistress would spend her time trying to comprehend someone's personal source of entertainment when she should be worried about more important things like....running her guild?

And *I* would wonder, Jarax, why such a person as yourself should consider it his business to question a guildmistress concerning her own guild? Are you a member? Are the internal doings of *any* guild, for that matter, your personal concern?

As Diera's appointed Sentinel, I can say with certainty that you are not a member of the Healers Guild, nor an investee of the Earth Circle. To the best of my knowledge, you are not a member of the Warden's guild either.

My suggesion, Goodman Jarax, is that you keep your mind on your own matters, while we of Guild keep your best health on *our* minds. That is, after all, what we do, and we do it well.

Apprentices Seth and Elendil- This discussion is over, as far as I am concerned. Any continuance of this public bickering is at risk to your standing in my guild.

Goodman Jarax- For someone who has not yet set foot in this town you seem to have an awful lot to say about those who give generously of their time and effort to better the community around us. Perhaps it would be wise to keep such indiscriminate remarks to yourself, lest you raise the ire of those who might be less inclined to forgive.

To everyone- I plan to have my report prepared within the next few hours. I apologize for the delay, but I have had much to do on my journey back to Crocevia Fatuae.

Sounds like so many people here don't have well slept dreams.

I don't know about either guild, but I don't see why anyone is throwing about guild titles here. More so I don't see why any of you are very concerned with destroying the guildhouse in ironwood. Seems to be a lot of exploding guild houses these days.

This is all remarkably funny.

I would run down a list of guilds that I am a member of- but what would be the point? This is the dream realm after all. Except for Johnathan, I don't think anyone besides Mykell or myself wander these realms and actually hold any title here. It sounds like the lady of dreaming likes Johnathan a little much for his own fate. More so, I wouldn't even want to throw such simple titles around just to make myself seem more important and have you give me respect based upon a word granted by someone who probably fairly irrelevant.

Now it is remarkably gaje of the guildmasters to keep information to themselves but this is expected of most appointed titles, eh? They blow things up, think about the consequences afterwards, and then make various public conclusions as to why they made the right decision.

Balryn

No, I am not a member of any guilds that you know of, no you have not seen my face in town, yes I am still enterested in the alchemy, and to all of you, I was merely stating my observation. No raised tones, no disrespect meant. Sorry if I steped on some toes by stating what I thought but realy, you people need to lighten up, especially you jonathan, try a little less sugar. If you want I can prolly mix you a nice drink that could calm your dreams.

Jarax

Balryn said:
Now it is remarkably gaje of the guildmasters to keep information to themselves but this is expected of most appointed titles, eh? They blow things up, think about the consequences afterwards, and then make various public conclusions as to why they made the right decision.

The information was made quite public at the time we were in Ironwood for any who wished to hear it. For those of you who missed it or were otherwise disinclined to listen, I will be presenting my report shortly.

I again apologize for the delay.

-Shikar

*coldness crisps the air, the dream turns foul again, and Johanthan's straining voice can be heard once more*

...no harm, no foul... Jarax...

...I thank you for your offer... ...but I must decline...

...only She can make my dreams turn sweet... ...do not be concerned about me...

...I also must apologize to everyone within these dreams... about the appearance of my presence... ...it is something I cannot help...

*and with a crack and a flash, the dream returns its tone*

Well, its seems that my Guild Master wishes me to put an end to my conversation, but before I got I would like to make a few things clear. Any dispute as far as I am concerned with my Ono, my house, or my family has been delt with, I do not use the Ducal Guard to fight my battles, And yes, I am the type of person that you normaly don't want to get angry, but in this circumstance I have no reason to get angry for I insulted the man first to see what would happen. So you all have good dreams and I will stay out of this one from here on out. Good Night.

Restlessness

Its understandable for some to be on edge concidering some of the frequent events. I dont think it would be too bold to say though, that concerns make better concersations in-person and usually over a drink?
I extend my invatation to thoes interested, to join me in a drink and possibly some polite conversation concerning that which have been troubling us.

~ Hruia ~

This really HAS gone on long enough my friends. Since I HAVE set foot in town, I make the following observations:

1) Jarax has a point.

2) Seth is Seth...enough said.

3) Diera is Diera...enough said.

4) Jonathan, what you originally said was uncalled for, as your tone was a quite rude.

5) My Good Sentinel, Jarax has a point (as I have previously stated) and how you responded was not only uncalled for, it seemed a bit impertinant. Is it your place to interfere in the conversations of your Guildmistress?

6) Shikar, Jarax only stated a viewpoint. Have we debased ourselves so far from being an enlightened and civilized community that we attack, albeit verbally, for expressing a viewpoint? Mayhap this is something we take for granted. I saw nothing indescriminate about what he stated, in fact I felt much the same as he. The Good Guildmistress has FAR more important matters to attend to than involve herself in pointless squabbles. I know she is above that.

A far as what occured, as I was not there, I would like to have some details explained as I have heard some rather vile rumors of occurances. If someone would please contact me to set the record straight, I would be most grateful.

Robert

Robert, I doubt you can truly speak on guild matters considering I haven't seen you at the guildhall in months.

can we please cut this off here?
This has gotten so far off course.

~Hruia~

Diera said:
Robert, I doubt you can truly speak on guild matters considering I haven't seen you at the guildhall in months.
Good Guildmistress Deira,

I do not believe I spoke on Guild matters. I merely made an observation that Jarax had a point and he was being taken to task rather rudely which I KNOW is beneath you and USUALLY beneath Shikar. Knowing you are both good people, something you ate must have affected your dreams this time.

As for my statement to your esteemed Sentinel, that was mere common sense.

As for setting foot in the Guild Hall...why would I? To my knowledge, I am neither invested nor even a member. I am but a mere hedge-healer.

And Goodwoman Willow, I will "cut this off" when I beleive my business has concluded, but I thank you for your concern. It does my heart good that even one I do not know has the apparent common sense and civility to see this was ALL taken out of context, if I read your intention correctly.

Be blessed my friends, peace be in your dreams.

Robert

This matter is none of my business, but if your dreams are unsettled (as seems to be the case with some), might I suggest a nice hot cup of herbal tea before bed?

I have some wonderful receipes from my homeland--if you're interested in trying them out, send me a missive. :)

Zzzzzzzz,

--Avaran

*Bright light and flames dance throught the area*

This is not pleasant and I grow weary of it. It would appear you all would be much happier in my wife's realm. Shall I arrange that?

-Auburon, King of Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back