What to do with Character Cards after an Event?

Alajos

Justine, Myles, Justin and I forgot to turn in our character sheets before leaving the August event last week. Do we need to take pictures of them and email them in? If so, who should we send them to? Or does it not matter because of the new 2.0 character rebuilding situation?

Justine, Myles, Justin and I forgot to turn in our character sheets before leaving the August event last week. Do we need to take pictures of them and email them in? If so, who should we send them to? Or does it not matter because of the new 2.0 character rebuilding situation?

Your Characters are in the existing database, so there's nothing for you to do at the end of an Event, except clean up and go home.
After each Event our Logistics staff add XP to the Characters who you played at the Event. In general, before the next Event, you can spend that XP on new skills by contacting Logistics (logistics@alliancesouthmichigan.com).
With the introduction of the 2.0 Rules we're hoping to have a Character Management Application (CMA) in place that will allow Players to do most of the work on updating Characters themselves, without the need to wait for responses from Logistics

The link in the original post will take you to an early version of the CMA that's being used to support the full weekend playtests of the 2.0 rules.

As a side note, you should always keep your last character card. I've seen too many times in my years that cards don't get transferred in time or updated before transfer, or databases get corrupted or any other number of mishaps... keeping your last card is a way to ensure that you always have a copy of your character just in case.

As a side note, you should always keep your last character card. I've seen too many times in my years that cards don't get transferred in time or updated before transfer, or databases get corrupted or any other number of mishaps... keeping your last card is a way to ensure that you always have a copy of your character just in case.

In a few months most of those issues won't even be possible, and you'll be able to print your card out any time.

No offense, a few months is not right now.

Also, redundancy when it comes to managing your character never sucks. I personally like to keep my last two for each character. It's just solid practice.

Actually it is right now. I missspoke.

South Michigan is running our last 2 events this year as playtests. So is Traverse City, so your card is a phone click away. Short of playing Chicago, most interactions are with the new database.

It's been a long time since I've had a character lost or real problems but, our logistics team is super top notch. Usually we have a less than day turn around on requests.

I just don't think its needed. If something goes wrong, logistics is here to work with you to fix a problem.

To echo Chris, if your character is in the SoMI database and you don't get a response from Logistics in 12 hours feel free to email me (matt@alliancesouthmichigan.com) and we'll get you straightened out.

Short of a rain of toads there's no reason you should need to wait longer than that to get something taken care of in our Chapter.

Matt F.
SoMI GM/Owner

Would a rain of toads really stop you? I've got to imagine that will only distract you for 5-10 minutes. An hour at the absolute most.

Back