What to do with dragon stamps

Tritter

I see that I will be getting 25 DS for going to the national event. I just wanted to know where can you find the list of the costs of things to buy with DS.

I remember it was on the old MB, but can't find it here

I know for a fact that you can trade them in at any chapter for gobies at a ratio of 1 to 5 at the very least. But I think there were other things and I think it probably would be good to post that list again and perhaps the explanation of how they work. :)

Nothing official but as I recall:

damage aura = 200 DS per rit starting at +0. Must be spirit locked or linked
spirit lock = 10
spirit link = 20
elemental aura = 50 - no death :( and maybe no earth
activate x = 2 DS / per spell level
monster slayer and race reaver = 100 DS / rit
arcane armor = I forget

These costs are for 1 year duration. Multiply by 2.5 for 5 years duration. Some items were one year max (damage aura I think)

Also, there is some penalty for turning a production item into a magic item but I never understood that part of it. Anyway, making a ring into an item is supposed to be cheaper than doing it to a mace or suit of armor or whatever.

Like I said, it's not official. Just ask my wife how good my memory is and then you'll understand...

I guess the other question then would be do you have to earn "magic item picks" to spend dragon stamps as well like with gobies? And how would those be earned... I'm hoping thats not the case but I'm not sure.

Yes!

Dreamingfurther said:
I guess the other question then would be do you have to earn "magic item picks" to spend dragon stamps as well like with gobies? And how would those be earned... I'm hoping thats not the case but I'm not sure.

AFAIK You just spend the dragon stamps to create the item. Earning the stamps earns you the right to create the item.

Very cool, then there should probably be an official list posted with all the details at some point.

*will wait patiently for official people who I love and do awesome jobs!* :D

I'm going to take all my dragon stamps and roll around them like a pile of money!

Invisible money.

You can also buy an "extra" monthly blanket each month for 6 DS.

In order to blanket an event at a chapter you need to turn your Dragon Stamps into Goblin Stamps at that chapter. You can get a monthly Dragon Blanket at any chapter by just spending the Dragon Blankets at the Alliance level (they'll alert your home chapter), and that is in addition to your monthly Goblin blanket in your home chapter.

omg, so what your saying is that with Dragon stamps you can get 2 monthly blankets for a single character, not just one. Sweet! :)

God dam, when is that props list of donations that the national event needs going up!

Just to be clear: 6 dragon stamps can be used to blanket one out-of-home-chapter event?

The following says that it is tracked within the contributor's home database... but it doesn't have to be IN the home Chapter. How do we both let our own logistics person know AND get it verified by the Chapter that we are Dragon-Stamp-Blanketing?

Dragon Blanket:
A contributor may purchase one Dragon Blanket per month. A dragon blanket is tracked within the contributor’s home database, and this is in addition to any goblin blanket a contributor earns within their home campaign. A contributor may never possess more then 12 blankets per year from the Alliance. This may also be purchased and placed upon another character within a contributor’s home campaign, thus awarded as a reward to players. Local campaign owners may request awarding Dragon Blankets to a player who contributed something import to the Alliance, or as a special reward for service within their game for the betterment of their games.

And what a Campaign Event and why does it cost more dragon stamps?

Campaign Event Reimbursement:
A player may convert Dragon Stamps to obtain credit for an event as if they attended. This may only be used for one event per weekend per player. Event Blankets may not be purchased for other players. Campaign Event Blankets must follow all local chapter policies, including membership status as required.

Thanks!

Campaign event reimbursement allows you to receive credit for an event if you did not attend that or any other event that weekend. These can be used in any chapter assuming you meet local chapter policies. A weekend event will cost 12 Dragon Stamps to purchase. ( 6 per game day ) You will contact me at dragonstamps@alliancelarp.com requesting the event, i'll need the date of the event, chapter, your home chapter, real nane and character to blanket.

Dragon blankets are similar to goblin stamp blanket, similar rules and the same XP value is awarded. The main difference is you can only receive 1 of these per month, where as goblin stamps are 1 per month per chapter. Again, you'll email me at dragonstamps@alliancelarp.com to request this. I'll need your home chapter, real name and character name.

I'm trying to get this...

So I currently have 24 dragon stamps. I am trying to blanket 4 events. I can use the 24ds to blanket events in March, April, May, and June. Do I need to specify which Chapter I am trying to blanket, or is the catch that it can only be my home Chapter?

Thanks again.

In this case I would just buy the monthly Dragon blankets for months you listed. Both cases would net you a total of 4 blankets. If you obtain more then you could look at blanketing events within those months . Remember a weekend event is 12 dragon stamps you could buy 2 at 12 each which would also be equal to 4 blankets.

Typing while
Sitting in traffic let me know if something doesn't make sense.

Back