What we learned June Gathering

jwconvery

Spellsword
I, personally, did not see a ton of new information flowing through, but I'm sure I just missed things.
Lot's of new groups and faces at the gathering, what did everyone learn/ do?

Due to the ongoing planar war, a large amount of elemental fallout hit the prime material plane.
A Celestien Elf quickly cast a ritual to pull the power into a central location where adventurers could deal with it, and prevent life loss from the populace.
The adventurers worked through some elemental symbols and made 4 deals with elementals to obtain candles. I believe all deals have already been settled but if there is something outstanding with the mineral elemental please note it here.
We cast a hedge magic ritual and defeated the elemental making Fortannis somewhat safe again.

Rodger Hent, previous Duke of Hent (the previous name of Thorncyrf), who was previously cursed by Joseph, who was previously killed by the current duke of Throncryf, who was previously the Rose farmer, who previously led a "Purge" of the previous rulership (Rodger Hent), was making deals with an oni to raise an army to attempt to take back his Duchy, while hiding in the mist.
While there was some concern about the the nature of the army, farmers verses mercenaries, Sir Mathis used the power of his voice to ensure that all who opposed the kingdom are either dead or missing.

The Thirsters, who are holding/torturing/converting Jared Silverstar, supply chain comes through a choke point in the mists. Do the adventurers want to try to lay siege? that might prompt a rather violent response. Also they are mostly drinking drake blood, not dragon blood at this point. Perhaps it explains why they have aligned with kobolds, since they can squeeze them for blood when needed.

There was a DracoLich in town. Can we confirm that the DracoLich was the same creature in the mountains collecting Undead?

How's the bandit problem going?

What happened with the weird green portal in the tavern?

How'd the meeting with Finnis go?

A shadow creature was seen under the Capital of Throncryf.

-Gideon

Last edited:
Green portal went to the Celestines vault.
Possible slavery town in North East Merrow. The barronee has been notified. But was surprised on how big the town has gotten and feels something else is up there. Will need to investigate further

Pyke

A portal to a Celestine vault just opened? That doesn't seem like a very secure vault.

Was something of note found inside? I'm sure various items were found, I'm asking specifically about perhaps some quite rare that might be useful in the future.
Otherwise, I'm not sure why a portal would just open, without someone/something wanting the Adventurers to find what was inside.

-Gideon

Exactly Gideon.
I was not there so it was second hand knowledge.
I feel something will come of it and not in a good way

Pyke

A voice booming at the door of the vault mentioned to open it when doomsday comes.

There were no artifact-level items inside, but certainly some decent stratch. We fought glass creatures and floating ancient weapons. There also was a pretty waterfall.

Mathis can elaborate.

-Sam Gemclipper

Gideon-

After Mathis and I returned to the tavern Saturday afternoon we found said portal. I followed in after my group and found that we had entered a vault of broken glass shards. Where as we walked through golems would animate. When we came upon a section of the vault there seemed to be some sort of message as we broke the threshold. Unless I am remembering incorrectly the recited message was "do not open until Doomsday" once we continued further into the vault it seemed to be night when we were sure it was still daylight. We did end up finding a few magic items that I had quadruple checked that they had no creation names, spirits within them, or any unifying marks. They do seem like typical items that might be kept in a vault. I will gather what they are and what they do if you would like to keep a record of it. We did end up narrowly escaping with the shards continuing to animate the glass and mundane weapons.

I do hope this is helpful.

Bandits

The main base is in the sewers in Kingsmore of Oxridge of Brunson... I think I have that right? They are the Diamond Boys Gang. Our capture and charmed source believes funding is above what the Diamond Boys would have. That they are moving towards setting up operations in Dwarfshome. Most the bandits are ex-solder; some former hent soldiers as well. Should have prob killed them, but we turned them in to local guards. Believe all reports of bandits were investigated and dealt with as well during the market. Would not have been as successful without the aid from J'rajj and Captain Ignathis.

Back