What We're Fighting For - Letters of the Fallen

Ashlin

Comrades,
Two months ago we landed in this world without hope, since then, it has done its best to live up to its name. We arrived in the dark, and pouring rain. We came together and stormed the bastion on the hill, and claimed it from the spiders of despair. Inside were the remains and last goodbyes of our predecessors in their fight to keep this land from the encroaching elementals. Some would have this information locked away, but I would have you all have it. I'm not sure what motivates each of you to have come here. I am here to grow hope, to lead the willing, and to put fear into anything that would attempt to take it from the Innocent. But before any of us can start on our quest to rescue this land of despair, we need to know who we are fighting for and what is at stake. As I read you each of these letters I hope it moves you, I hope it binds you with their struggles, I hope it stirs the fight in you. But most of all I hope it helps you find your courage to face this new dark world. No back up is coming and no awards will be given for good deeds or dying righteously. But we still have a people that we are accountable to. Read their stories so that you can be proud to be their champions. We are the soldiers of a new beginning, lets keep our minds open, work Together, and reclaim the land they had hoped to defend.

What follows is each of the letters, after that is a summary of the letters and a list of names and place names. Some people believe there are more letters out there, feel free to send them my way and I shall dream them out here. Anyone who brings be intel has my word that they shall remain anonymous.
There was a list of names and a poem found also. I expect them to be listed here in the near future. Having the list may help the more scholarly among us determine the different races based on their different styles of names.

Lastly, this is not a place for speculation or battle plans. The current information we are sharing is decades old to our enemies. Our plans and speculations are our only advantage we currently have; keep them between peers or for when it's safe enough for all of us to meet in person again.

Dame Ashlyn

( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FS1 ... urn60/edit

Above is a link to a google doc that has all the images of each of the letters. Enjoy )

Back