What would you pay?

Lurin

Duke
So um, I've been thinking about a recipe I have to make some neat weapons. The problem is they need a piece of fangtooth, and I don't want to charge to much. So I guess what would people think is a 'fair' price for a blade or bow that has a big slay on it, like as big as someone who knew how to slay 3 times big?

-Jehyu

Jehyu,
Have them bring you a fangtooth (or if you have lots of fangtooth) another component. Then charge them your normal rate for your time and materials. Then I'd add a surcharge for the special recipe, like 1 gold.
Hunter Davion

Jehyu,

I'd pay you 3-4 gold for one. One a dagger or one of my skipstones.

Fern

I was thinking maybe 4 gold, with a 2 golds discount for fangteeth. If I made all...6 or so I could doing that I might just about break even on what I paid for the scroll and stuff and that's pretty good for learning new things, it's too bad the recipe only works once.

I was kinda tempted to make a bag of 'Gryphon claws' for a certain squire, like 6 javelins that could all does that kinda thing.

-Jehyu

Jehyu,

Normally I would jump at the chance to purchase your fine goods, however, until the Knights Quest is completed I am honor bound to not recieve any "new" magic items or coin. Ask me again after my quest and I will certainly be proud to weild the Gryphon Claw you speak of.

Squire Victor

Honored Jehyu,

This is something that I could get behind. In fact the Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden would have interest in potentially arming its initiates with these types of weapons to aid in their roles as a battle caster. How many of these weapons are you able to craft with this recipe at maximum? It would then "simply" be a matter of acquiring the necessary reagents from those ritualists that are willing to part with them.

Also, when do you intend on crafting these weapons? Depending on how many you can make, I am sure some individuals would need some time to fully review their stores and make them available.
____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____

Honored and Esteemed Squire Victor von Gryphon,

Would your code restrict you from obtaining a strengthened or silvered weapon?

It is my initial assessment that these weapons would not be inherently magical, but are simply an extension of your exiting marshal prowess as the weapons are not crafted by ritual magics. Thus, I wouldn't be so quick to turn down adding a finely crafted weapon to your arsenal of fine quality weapons. If it would make you more comfortable, I or another member of the Celestial Guild would be willing to certify whether they were magical or not versus just being of a superior quality.

May the Light guide you and may Shadow guard your path.

Arcanist Dure'dhel
Mage of the Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden
Guildmaster of the Hope's Reach and Shademarch Cadres, Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden
Uranian Journeyman of the Celestial Guild of Wayside

Well um,

How many kinda depends on what we want ta pay, for example if you wanted celestial surprise daggers, I ken does two at a time, so the cost in materials would be something like below

First 4 - 2 Gold + Fangtooth Per
Next 2 - 3 Gold + Fangtooth Per
Next 2 - 4 Gold + Fangtooth Per

So if you ya wanted 8, it would be 22 Gold and 8 Fangteeth. The recipe doesn't look to solid so I need to make them before the end of next summer, and I can only do one set, regardless of how big, cause it eats the scroll when I make em.

-Jehyu

Jehyu,

Can you make a short mace like this when you do make a batch? I'll have to check what components I have, but I can probably pay you either all in gold or with a fangtooth and some gold.

Briar

KyleSchmelz said:
Jehyu,

Can you make a short mace like this when you do make a batch? I'll have to check what components I have, but I can probably pay you either all in gold or with a fangtooth and some gold.

Briar

You got it Briar, I'll reserve you one of the first Batch.

So for those interested that's 2 of the first (cheapest) 4 sold to Briar and Nahani, get yer orders in supah fast if ya wants one! Don't let your celestial acolytes be caught without!...or your Earth Acolytes. I think whichever guild buys more of these for their members clearly cares da most!

-Jehyu

Jehyu,

I would pay for this in gold if you would be able to alter my family pole arm. I do not believe I have any Fangtooth, but I may have something else that may interest you if you would like an alternate deal.

K'tarn

K'Tarn,

Money would be fine but I ken only do this with brand new weapons because I have to bake the recipe into the core, I can't change an existing one.

sorry....

-Jehyu

Lurin said:
K'Tarn,

Money would be fine but I ken only do this with brand new weapons because I have to bake the recipe into the core, I can't change an existing one.

sorry....

-Jehyu

Jehyu,

Ah, I misunderstood the nature of the recipe. I would not want my family polearm broken down if that is the case. Perhaps it would be good to have a backup weapon crafted in this fashion. Will you still be near the tavern in the morning Saturday?

K'Tarn

Um maybe, I'll be around a few times over the weekend and for sure I'll be in town on Saturday before I head to my workshops. I think the recipe makes it so when you draw out the power you get the muscle memories of how to hit hard, so you could put it on like a dagger and use it with a polearm probably....

-Jehyu

Ah, perhaps we can discuss more Saturday. I have never found the need to learn to fight with a dagger. The benefit of bearing claws helps to ease that necessity.

Klinjaa said:
Ah, perhaps we can discuss more Saturday. I have never found the need to learn to fight with a dagger. The benefit of bearing claws helps to ease that necessity.

You don't need to know how to use the dagger it just holds the angry/muscle memories inside.

-Jehyu

i once came across a fangtooth but i no longer have it though i believe i still have a heartstone, i'll have to look through my packs to be certain.

Iganeous

Back