Where am I?

Cúangol

Artisan
(A humanoid figure with pointy ears, dressed in green and brown, steps out of the mists onto a dirt road about a mile from the upcoming gathering)

Where am I? This doesn't look like Barran... Nor my homeland of Icenia. Perhaps Kupspar? No, not there either.

Could thou provide me with directions to a good tavern? And a map of the vicinity?

Sornelintion (or Swifteagle for the short-lived races)

It would be a few moments after the question was posed that Genji would respond. A mongoose Wyldkin dressed in chainmail and a green tunic would emerge from the charred trees and under brush.

"You're in the middle of a war zone, one where you're considered a commodity. I'm more then a little curious how you ended up here, but that's a question for another time. You've got about a ten minute window between elemental patrols where you'll be able to make the jog to the peak where the patrols won't go.

There is a building we've been using for cooking, but I wouldn't call it a tavern quite yet. No maps of the area yet, but we're working on it.

My name is Genji."

He'd sniff at the air and glance off past the trees, keeping an eye out

“Oh my! Another war, like back home,” he says as he looks down sadly. “It seems the only safe place in the mists is Barran.”

He then looks back up at Genji. “Where are my manners? Thank you Genji. My name is Sornelintion, though some call me Eagle-eye. The mists have brought me here from Barran, where I have been on leave from my homeland of the Ash Forest. I know that some lands receive few mistwalkers. Indeed Barran was only opened to mists a few solar cycles ago, because they were in need of help in recovering from their bloody millennium-long war.”

Sornelintion starts to look around, admiring the foreign breed of plants – especially the red wood trees – but visibly bothered by the remnants of a fire.

“Could you tell me about these lands, and about your war? I am hesitant to draw my blades when I do not know what each side stands for. Have there been fire elementals at work here?”

"Among other elementals. These lands have had a weakening between the planes. You can physically walk to the plane of fire, though I don't recommend it. As for the war, most of the elementals see you as a commodity. They want to mark you and infuse you with their power to control you and use you in their conflict. As I've been told, some of the people who came here were answering the call of some lantern of hope. I wasn't so lucky to have a defined purpose when I ended up here."

Genji would continue to glance about, sniffing the air before bringing his attention back to Sornelintion.

"We're not sure how far this effect extends and the ruin the place is left in is leaving where this place still in question. While I can understand not wanting to draw your blades until you have the lay of the land. You just may not be given the opportunity to ask questions of most of the elementals you meet. We're more than a little out numbered and a sizable portion of the ones you'll see are mindless."

Genji glances around, shifting his potions to be less in the breeze but still allow him to smell the breeze.

"This land is in need of help, though people don't seem to be settling on what should be done. If you follow this road you'll begin heading up hill. You'll find the central structure near the top. Down the hill a bit you'll find structures currently inhabited by the groups, Arrows Reach, Ashen Spire and the Hunt. On a nearby hillside there is a group calling itself Tea Cups and Butterflies. I've not come across any other formed groups among the people here though I was only recently made aware of tea cups and butterflies. I believe there is still room in some of the structures if you're looking for a place to sleep."

"My apologies for my own manners. I spend most of my time scouting the area, this is the longest conversation I've had in a month."

The air begins to grow hazy and thicken.

"Thank you Genji for filling me in with this vital information. I aplogize if our conversation makes you uncomfortable. But I am indeed looking for a safe place to stay."

Sornelintion looks over his shoulder, seeing tentacles of a cloud of mist reaching over him.

He starts blinking "you're fading away! Is this a dream, or merely a brief visit?"

As the elf goes blind and begins to fade from the scene, the following words come from where his mouth was/is: "regardless, I'm sure the mists will bring me here when you are in need. Please dream to me if there are items which you and your mortal friends are in need of - I may be able to bring some battle magic scrolls or reagants, for example."

Only his vague outline is visible through the mists now.

"Oh, and a warded sleeping area would be much appreciated - perhaps you know of some elves who would take me in?"

"I'll see if I can get in contact with someone about a ward to sleep within."

Genji would wait until he faded away before heading back towards the tree line.

"Pinched myself too much for it to be a dream."

Genji would disappear back into the brush to finish his scouting trip.

Back