where are people getting supplies, now a days?

Sam N.

Specifically, closed foam for over the spar, open foam for the tips, and ultralight duct tape?

or, does anyone have a staff for sale or trade? It can/should be simple for a lower level earth caster. Thank you kindly

Sam

dark knight armory has some nice staff

For pipe foam, I've had luck finding 0.5" wall thickness foam at most major hardware stores (Home Depot, Lowes, etc). They usually have 0.5" wall with a variety of ID sizes; get whichever ones matches closely to your kite spar core.

I get open cell foam from a fabric store. You'll want to look for upholstery foam. Although I will mention that open cell foam tips aren't necessary, and especially not for a staff because they can't be used to thrust anyway.

As for duct tape, I usually just use the colored Duck brand duct tape from hardware stores or Walmart. It's a little on the heavier side, but it's very durable.

Thrusting tips are never strictly required. They are only required on weapons you intend to thrust with, provided it it legal to do so. For example, blunt weapons like maces, staves, clubs, etc. cannot be thrust with at all, so they never need a thrusting tip. Swords, spears, polearms, etc. *can* thrust, so if you intend to, the weapon rep needs a thrusting tip.

Back