Where In the Undead Isles is Elaina??!!!

By the Seven Kings! She hasn't come back since Polare's wedding, and no one has seen her. Even the Gypsies, Kershalt and Tryana, are gone. IF anyone knows anything to help me locate her, I ask you to tell me!

IF ANYONE HAS HARMED ONE HAIR ON HER HEAD, I SWEAR BY ALL THE FAE AND EVERY DARK POWER, I SWEAR BY CHAOS ITSELF, I WILL BRING FORTH SUCH A SLAUGHTER AS WOULD MAKE SANGUA WEEP IN WONDER!!

Step one: calm the hell down.
Step two: calm the hell down.
Step three: have some pie.

Your accent is a bit odd in this place. It's "Kerjal" and "Trianna".

Step four: drink some cider.

Were you with her at the wedding?

Step five: go all in and lose to me.

Was she with Kerjal and Trianna?

Step six: calm down, most people lose to me, it's okay.

Why all the dark powers? Why wouldn't you swear by all the fluffy bunnies or something?

Oddly, you never asked me. I don't know where she is, but still, it would be nice to asked.

Anyways, it seems to me that she's always been good at keeping herself pretty safe. As far as I can tell from what you guys have said, other than having to hide from the occasional spider, she hasn't been in much until we came along. (Why do I imagine her poking her head out of some covers, sticking her tongue out, and saying "You're not the boss of me!"?)

And, no insult, but if she's with Kerjal and Trianna, she's probably safer than if she were with you. They have a significant amount more ability to protect her than you do. And they're gypsies, so its not like they have a house you can visit. If she wanted to come back to wherever you are, I have no doubt Trianna would make sure she got there quickly and safely. (Kerjal occasionally gets lost... he's just not good with maps).

Its kind of silly to have your first message in such a public be all "WAAAAAAAH!!!!" Have some pie, have some cider, and maybe wait a bit. These things tend to work themselves out.

@~}~~
G

Gregor, You don't care about her like I do. Calming down is the last thing I should be doing, I've been waiting patiently for a MONTH from a simple word from her. She wouldn't have let it go this long without giving me some reassurance that she is okay unless she CAN'T contact me.

I wasn't at the wedding, no. I don't want pie, or cider, or friggin' dwarven ale. I WANT to know she's okay. And I don't TRUST Kerjal or Trianna enough to be content with that answer. Neither do they trust me enough. And that's fine with me. I didn't think you'd have any knowledge of her whereabouts, I meant no insult by not asking you. IF you can help recover her I beg it of you.

And I don't lose to anyone when I go all in, I WIN.

I appreciate that you're trying to help me, I really do; but trying to placate me like some roudy child isn't helping me, it's only making more more angry, and more convinced that something bad has happened to her. I'm leaving Crossroads this very moment to look for her, and whatever powers that be had better stay out of my way.

**Dream breaks**

jpariury;19902 said:

Why all the dark powers? Why wouldn't you swear by all the fluffy bunnies or something?

Oddly, you never asked me. I don't know where she is, but still, it would be nice to asked.

Anyways, it seems to me that she's always been good at keeping herself pretty safe. As far as I can tell from what you guys have said, other than having to hide from the occasional spider, she hasn't been in much until we came along. (Why do I imagine her poking her head out of some covers, sticking her tongue out, and saying "You're not the boss of me!"?)

And, no insult, but if she's with Kerjal and Trianna, she's probably safer than if she were with you. They have a significant amount more ability to protect her than you do. And they're gypsies, so its not like they have a house you can visit. If she wanted to come back to wherever you are, I have no doubt Trianna would make sure she got there quickly and safely. (Kerjal occasionally gets lost... he's just not good with maps).

Its kind of silly to have your first message in such a public be all "WAAAAAAAH!!!!" Have some pie, have some cider, and maybe wait a bit. These things tend to work themselves out.

@~}~~
G

Gregor, You don't care about her like I do. Calming down is the last thing I should be doing, I've been waiting patiently for a MONTH from a simple word from her. She wouldn't have let it go this long without giving me some reassurance that she is okay unless she CAN'T contact me.

I wasn't at the wedding, no. I don't want pie, or cider, or friggin' dwarven ale. I WANT to know she's okay. And I don't TRUST Kerjal or Trianna enough to be content with that answer. Neither do they trust me enough. And that's fine with me. I didn't think you'd have any knowledge of her whereabouts, I meant no insult by not asking you. IF you can help recover her I beg it of you.

And I don't lose to anyone when I go all in, I WIN.

I appreciate that you're trying to help me, I really do; but trying to placate me like some roudy child isn't helping me, it's only making me more angry, and more convinced that something bad has happened to her. I'm leaving Crossroads this very moment to look for her, and whatever powers that be had better stay out of my way.

**Dream breaks**

jpariury;19902 said:

@~}~~
G

As I recall, she can't write, she just draws. And you can hardly blame a child for not "dreaming at you", can you? So, while the phrasing "she can't contact you" might seem really really dire, it's particularly indicative of anything.

If it seemed like I was talking down to like a rowdy child, it's probably because coming out the gate, your thoughts frame themselves like one.

Hopefully, she isn't a "power that bes" ("is"?). Then you'll just be chasing your tail and she'll be all "but, you wanted me to stay out of your way while you looked for me", and that's just silly.

Clearly we need to play cards more. You should come out to the Vale sometime.

Anyways. If I were to place a guess, the only person that might steal her would be Pain Slice, who, if she did kidnap her, would as likely be doing it out of mischief about as much as malicious intent. In fact, the mere idea of theft of the girl probably has you so much in knots, she'd have a veritible feast off of you.

And while you may not trust Trianna and Kerjal, the only time I would ever hold them suspect is when it came down to the protection of gypsies. I can't think of a single reason why kidnapping her would be of such need to gypsies. So, we could probably mark them off as malicious kidnappers.

If you want to protect her so badly, and you distrust them so much, why did you let her go with them to the wedding? If you didn't "let" her go, and she went on her own, maybe she's not as concerned about your perception of being her guardian as you seem to think she is.

In any case, if you're really insistent about galavanting all over the countryside looking for a little girl and/or a pair of gypsies, the best place to start would be to draw a line between the Crossroads and where ever the wedding was. Then, add some loopty-loops, and hit every town along the way. Talk to the barkeeps and the constables, asking specifically if they'd seen a child matching her description (obviously, describe her to them... don't go up to them and say "Have you seen a girl matching her description?"...) and/or a male and female gypsy. The male gypsy carries a crooked staff with a yellow or gold something or other wrapped around the top and wears crazy pants, the female probably is carrying a sword with a red rose on a blue field. And, you know, be really descriptive about them. Like how easily Trianna blushes when you gaze at her in just the right way. Stuff like that. The more descriptive, the better, because just asking about "a pair of gypsies who talk funny" never goes well.

So, who went to the wedding, and who did you ask?

In fact, why did Polare get married in the Undead Isles?

Cerulean Jax;19900 said:
By the Seven Kings! She hasn't come back since Polare's wedding, and no one has seen her. Even the Gypsies, Kershalt and Tryana, are gone. IF anyone knows anything to help me locate her, I ask you to tell me!

IF ANYONE HAS HARMED ONE HAIR ON HER HEAD, I SWEAR BY ALL THE FAE AND EVERY DARK POWER, I SWEAR BY CHAOS ITSELF, I WILL BRING FORTH SUCH A SLAUGHTER AS WOULD MAKE SANGUA WEEP IN WONDER!!

:confused:

*shrug*

*Waylay*

jpariury;19910 said:
In fact, why did Polare get married in the Undead Isles?

Sir Gregor,

If I may, Polare got married at His Excellency Di'Orsini's estate, not the Undying Isles (at least, it didn't LOOK like the Undying Isles).

By the way, glad you hear you're still around (sort of). Stop by and say hello, we can play cards, have a drink, and make funnies (or something).

*bow*

-Avaran

Thanks for the clarification, Avaran. Sorry I couldn't be there. Cards, drink, and funnies sounds good. Make you guys a deal: I come out to your new place, you come out to my old one (except, you know, not at the same time...).

Back