Whetstone Questions

JDD

Is the Whetstone a Consumable?
How is it to be repped if not?

I personally am very excited for the monster hunter shenanigans we will get into with these, no matter the answers.

It is a single-use consumable. There should definitely be some language making that more clear!

Thanks.

I personally am very excited for the monster hunter shenanigans we will get into with these, no matter the answers.
When do you imagine using it? A +1 to damage for 10 minutes rarely feels worth it to me (I mostly PC fighters, FWIW).

That's a Critical Attack. 8 Crafting Materials for 3 Fighter Build = ~2.7 silver/Build. Sounds about right.

Last edited:
When do you imagine using it? A +1 to damage for 10 minutes rarely feels worth it to me (I mostly PC fighters, FWIW).
For a non fighter or a rogue, this is a 50% increase in damage with a one handed weapon. I would also use them as a fighter that was on the cusp of a good number is if I had 7 profs, I could now swing 10s instead of 9s with a one hander.

The more I think about it the more I see this being used by higher level scholars who splash a couple of profs.

For a non fighter or a rogue, this is a 50% increase in damage with a one handed weapon. I would also use them as a fighter that was on the cusp of a good number is if I had 7 profs, I could now swing 10s instead of 9s with a one hander.

The more I think about it the more I see this being used by higher level scholars who splash a couple of profs.
Its also really nice to give to newer players for big mods.

is the Wheat stone used on the weapon or the Player? Who can use it?

It is used on the weapon and can be used by anyone who can Focus.
It does not require any particular skill(s) to use.

1651083281452.png

Back