White

wolfan

Looking for a makeup tip:

Is there any good way to get white to look....whiter? I know that sounds weird but I hope you know what I mean. I'm kind of a tan guy naturally, and I've seen other stone elves who look like paper stock white with little to no shade. Sometimes my makeup comes out not as clean and bright white, how do those other stone elves get that effect?

Do you use a foundation below the white? I don't play a stone elf, but have been known in the past to go for the "white as a sheet" look. I would start with a (preferably creme) standard-issue makeup foundation. I'd use a light shade, not your own skin colour. I've never done a powder foundation, so I can't promise it will work. Basically, it serves as a primer.

Then, I use a white powder over it. You could try a cake makeup, but, again, i've never done so. Depending on what I'm dressing as, i've been known to mix in baby blue or silver eye shadow into the white powder to create a variety of colour effects. Also, red, blue and yellow based foundations can cause some different results too, depending on your natural skin colour. See if you can find some friends with foundations and play around with them.

While not stone elf, I have a white character - I have a tendency to use straight Mehron Creme for it because it usually allows for me to have a solid coat. If you choose to try and use mehron liquid and an airbrush, depending on your skintone, be prepared to be there FOREVER, unless you put a base coat on that it can hold to.

Being someone who tans relatively well in the summer, I've definitely taken to using the masks and other alternatives, but given that a stone elf may not have this option, I would say the next best bet is to cover what you can, and then white out the rest.

-Ali

While I neither play a stone elf, nor am I white, I do know a few white people, and they apparently get that way from a steady diet of Funyuns and Mountain Dew, combined with a firm exercise regime of weekly WoW raids.

;)

Actually, I have to agree with the Mehron Creme in a solid coating. For an old Sarr character I played, I used Mehron for the orange fur and white underbelly while in SoCal, and held together reasonably well.

By Mehron Cream do you mean the one that looks like a huge glue stick? Or the one that comes in a bottle?

Right now I'm using what Mehron refers to as "star blend". Where you have to wet the sponge and the makeup is in a powder form.

P.S. Sorry I don't really know the proper terms for stuff, I just know what I've seen. :nerd:

Mehron clown white grease with a sealer, it's what Ronald McDonald uses and he has to be under studio lights.

well while your talking about white i might as well ask, anyone know if there is a way that i could have a shade of white without it making me pop out at night? like a greyish white or something for my wolfkin.

Ithra said:
well while your talking about white i might as well ask, anyone know if there is a way that i could have a shade of white without it making me pop out at night? like a greyish white or something for my wolfkin.

If you are going with a gray wolf, I would use Silver, Light Gray & Black.
http://www.mehron.com/v/vspfiles/assets ... lette.html

Use a Stipple Sponge so that you can mix the colors and mix up the lines some.
http://www.mehron.com/Stipple_Sponge_Ap ... _p/124.htm

well actually i was thinking more around the lines of a eurasian wolf or something, i want some brown in my costume too so i don't have to wear a wig or dye my hair.
and while going full black is a good practical option it doesn't sound very interesting.

Ithra said:
well actually i was thinking more around the lines of a eurasian wolf or something, i want some brown in my costume too so i don't have to wear a wig or dye my hair.
and while going full black is a good practical option it doesn't sound very interesting.

I am mostly leaning towards a straight brown/black wolf...going to use some tan to scrunch in some flecks of color. Avoiding white if I can...but will depend upon what faux fur is available at the store also.

I always wanted to play a wolfkin, especially one that changes colors with the seasons

argh. i can't wait to be out of school and have a job....

A note on black wolves :

You're going to have to work a bit to make it go. Being obviously not a panther Sarr or Dark Elf takes some good props.

Like I said, good props. :) I've seen way too many 'scavengers' with just a bit of paint, and it makes the folks who do really nice makeup stand out.

Alright well I'll pop in with the Ben Nye plug I guess. The hair white works great (assuming you don't have a buttload of hair like I do) and while I can't speak for the white, the black magiCake is very thick and, well, black. If you go that route, I recommend the liquiset too. I had close to the best makeup stay of all the dark elves last event.

Back